Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He’s not necessarily better than Sterling but tactically he’s essential to City IMO.. without him they look much easier to contain.
I don't think he is to be honest. Sterling on the left and Bernardo on the right is our best combination. They're both very direct, tactically astute and difficult to deal with. I don't think Bernardo is appreciated enough, he's barely been mentioned in discussions for PFA PoTY but he's been as good as Sterling who has had a lot of talk. Shows it's a popularity contest as much as anything else.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I would love to see him playing for Real Madrid! in my opinion he is nailed on to be the real successor of.. CR7!

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He's the player i'd most want us to sign from City, on ability alone at least. He's a phenomenal talent and still has years ahead of him. Shame he seems like a bit of an idiot.
What makes you say that?

SATA

He's brilliant. He will be the next Eden Hazard lighting up the Prem when he reaches his prime. Why don't we sign players like him? We didn't sign Aguero and both the Silvas at City but allow them to go there uncontested. It's really bizzare

What makes you say that?
See:

I think the main problem is his attitude. There's no smoke without fire. Pep didn't include him in the matchday squad earlier in the season apparently as a wake-up call. Loew famously didn't take him to the World Cup and Kroos commented that there was a feeling that Sane sometimes didn't care if his team won or lost.

Then there's the massive tattoo of himself on his back to raise a few eyebrows.

Mrdan1709

He is also for me the best winger in the league. Special special talent and reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo. Its weird that Pep is playing Mahrez over him. Maybe we should try offering him Sanchez wages..

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Benched once again. On the way out?
News coming out over the past few days that he's frustrated & wants to leave. With 2 years left on his contract, it's definitely possible.

Bayern, maybe?

Holocene

News coming out over the past few days that he's frustrated & wants to leave. With 2 years left on his contract, it's definitely possible.

Bayern, maybe?
If there's any chance he wants to leave, we should be all over this. By we, I mean United of course!

Andersons Dietician

Now more noise that City might look to cash in on him. Honestly can’t see it myself or why they’d even consider letting him go but if he was on the market and we stood a chance. Game changer.
Wonder if he is still decent on the right.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Now more noise that City might look to cash in on him. Honestly can’t see it myself or why they’d even consider letting him go but if he was on the market and we stood a chance. Game changer.
Wonder if he is still decent on the right.
He isn't, is one biggest drawback is that he is only good in one position which is on the left.

Aloysius's Back 3

He's a player I want to unsettle with a amazing contract.

The Rooney to city type unsettling. If we get him then wonders - if not atleast cause a fight.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He played much more on the right for Shalke, 34 on the right, 12 on the left and 10 through the centre.
Well shit, I stand corrected then. I can only remember him down the left for Schalke, other than his first major performance away at Madrid.

He's been crap for Germany in that side though. Wouldn't trust him there.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I actually think he'd suit our team more then theirs.
Yeah, he would. He doesn't really suit their style at all. But he'd be an absolute dream for us. Can't happen though, let's not even contemplate hoping that it could. It would end in tears.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Hate to lose him but I don't think he's staying here tbh. Pep has said that he prefers Bernardo and Sterling vs teams that sit in, and Leroy/Sterling vs teams that push up. The PL is 90% teams who sit in.

Bwuk

Take him here in a heart beat if City would sell him to us.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Hate to lose him but I don't think he's staying here tbh. Pep has said that he prefers Bernardo and Sterling vs teams that sit in, and Leroy/Sterling vs teams that push up. The PL is 90% teams who sit in.
I still don't understand this given Sane's record. He has a better goals+assists/game ratio than Sterling, the best in the league I think.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’ll take him. City is wasting his talent, and I think going to United will be more suitable for him than staying at city.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I still don't understand this given Sane's record. He has a better goals+assists/game ratio than Sterling, the best in the league I think.
Yup but I think its because he plays more against tired teams and attacking teams. Pep just doesn't fancy him when there is no space for him to run into. I'd play him every game if I could.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's Bayern Munich written all over him, in fact the only surprise is City got him to begin with because they're usually all over getting the best German (or German based players)