Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

Andy_Cole

Affects different people in different ways.
One thing that I have noticed, though, is that younger and first-time fathers seem to be affected most.
The worst I've seen KDB at City was a spell just after fatherhood when he looked a shadow of himself and some even wanted him dropped.
Sane may recover his form quickly or the stress of having a baby indahouse might keep him off form a bit longer yet.
I’m a newly, young, first time father and I have to admit my performance at work has gone down. Obviously it’s not intentional but I have to support my family in ways which means sacrificing some work commitments.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I’m a newly, young, first time father and I have to admit my performance at work has gone down. Obviously it’s not intentional but I have to support my family in ways which means sacrificing some work commitments.
Family comes first, mate.
Good luck with it.

Valley Blue

Supports
Manchester City
Congratulations mate & enjoy, I'm sure the wages Leroy earns would help

TheReligion

Abusive
Never read so much bollocks.

His attitude is bad along with his form because he's a new father?

If so why isn't Pep being roasted for being unsympathetic and having no empathy? I mean publically having a go at the lad whilst he's going through such a torrid time..

Not to mention the fact his absolutely loaded and I'm sure has plenty of help and support.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Never read so much bollocks.

His attitude is bad along with his form because he's a new father?

If so why isn't Pep being roasted for being unsympathetic and having no empathy? I mean publically having a go at the lad whilst he's going through such a torrid time..

Not to mention the fact his absolutely loaded and I'm sure has plenty of help and support.
I absolutely love and admire the way how you try and create such drama whenever a hypothetical issue arises from either City or Liverpool. He's been omitted from the squad once, it's not the end of the world for him or anyone.

TheReligion

Abusive
I absolutely love and admire the way how you try and create such drama whenever a hypothetical issue arises from either City or Liverpool. He's been omitted from the squad once, it's not the end of the world for him or anyone.
I didn't say it was but I think it's blatantly obvious that the media have an agenda against JM and/or United.

Essentially the same things happening with Martial and it's a saga yet with Sane it's a non story.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I didn't say it was but I think it's blatantly obvious that the media have an agenda against JM and/or United.

Essentially the same things happening with Martial and it's a saga yet with Sane it's a non story.
Is it a saga except of the obvious contract issue though? I mean, obviously it's a hot topic within United berks and of course United is a bigger fish so there will be more hot takes in the media, but I think that's as far as it goes.

TheReligion

Abusive
Is it a saga except of the obvious contract issue though? I mean, obviously it's a hot topic within United berks and of course United is a bigger fish so there will be more hot takes in the media, but I think that's as far as it goes.
United berks? Sorry I don't follow.

Anyway the point I'm making is valid. It's not an even playing field when it comes to United and any other English club. I guess that comes with being the biggest and most successful club in the country though.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
My child has 8 weeks, i dont think my performance has dropped but i tend to leave early to come late to work. Not that i care that much as i still meet my sales targets.

Andy_Cole

My child has 8 weeks, i dont think my performance has dropped but i tend to leave early to come late to work. Not that i care that much as i still meet my sales targets.
Yes that’s where my performance has dropped. I used to be happy staying at work longer and doing above and beyond. Now I’m rushing home.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Leroy Sane is the only footballer from the new generation who i can call ''the new'' Cristiano Ronaldo.. Similarities are too obvious but if the German wants to be successful in a Guardiola team he needs to adjust his ego and character because ''the normal'' Cristiano behavior is a no go there.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Leroy Sane is the only footballer from the new generation who i can call ''the new'' Cristiano Ronaldo.. Similarities are too obvious but if the German wants to be successful in a Guardiola team he needs to adjust his ego and character because ''the normal'' Cristiano behavior is a no go there.
Think he has to increase his output. Sterling shows what's possible and I don't think Sane is any less talented than him. The former has developed so much under Guardiola and while Sane is brillant, too, he lacks this instinct and timing Sterling has in the box. Would also help Germany a lot since we are in desparate need for constant goal threats up front. If he develops that, sky's the limit.

chisnall_red

Supports
Citeh
Think he has to increase his output. Sterling shows what's possible and I don't think Sane is any less talented than him. The former has developed so much under Guardiola and while Sane is brillant, too, he lacks this instinct and timing Sterling has in the box. Would also help Germany a lot since we are in desparate need for constant goal threats up front. If he develops that, sky's the limit.
Think his natural talent is way above that of Sterling so I would agree that the sky is the limit with this guy if he really applies himself

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Think his natural talent is way above that of Sterling so I would agree that the sky is the limit with this guy if he really applies himself
Sterling is underrated IMO. He's a little bit better than Sane when the space isn't there and obviously has better movement but Sane's even faster and has a better shot, especially from outaide the box.

These two can easily become this generation's Robben and Ribery.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
How does one conclude something like natural talent? I don't think there's much separating Sane and Sterling in terms of talent or their current level. They are both already fantastic for the time they still have ahead of them in professional football, and I envy City deeply for having them both.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sane has 12 goals and 14 assists in 32 matches (2100 mins) while Sterling has 15 goals and 15 assists in 34 matches (2700 mins), not that much of a difference in the output of both players. Sterling though does seem to get the nod in bigger games, while Sane is benched for Bernado Silva so that Pep can have greater control of the midfield.

Sane is still proving himself to be one of the best wingers in the world at the moment, really like his improved free kick technique. Let's not forget a similar free kick he scored against Hoffenheim as well. He has to improve for Germany though.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He will automatically look better when fielded together with our fast guys, like Werner, Brandt, Reus, Gnabry. Löw just has to stick to that and not chicken out again.
Yea, agree. They looked good versus Russia as well, I hope Havertz gets more minutes for Germany as well.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yea, agree. They looked good versus Russia as well, I hope Havertz gets more minutes for Germany as well.
I really hope he gives Brandt and Havertz a chance as CMs in a 4-3-3. They are doing incredibly well in Leverkusen in this position. So much fun to watch their link up play. Those two behind a front three of Sane, Werner and Gnabry would be incredible.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fantastic free kick, but slightly overrated, in my opinion. He is not better than Sterling and hasn't done anything to suggest he is. Only a year younger too.

I do find it interesting that Pep doesn't try him on the right more often, though. As we saw with his free kick, he has a powerful shot on him. Him cutting onto his left from the right could be very effective.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I really hope he gives Brandt and Havertz a chance as CMs in a 4-3-3. They are doing incredibly well in Leverkusen in this position. So much fun to watch their link up play. Those two behind a front three of Sane, Werner and Gnabry would be incredible.
Germany doesn't have a DM with the quality of Aranguiz. Kroos doesn't fit into a high energy high pressing Leverkusen style 433 and the only alternative is Kimmich as the DM, while Weigl lacks the physicality and work rate.

Kehrer Süle Tah Hector
----------Kimmich------
-------Brandt---Havertz-
Gnabry----Werner--Sane

No idea how Kehrer does in a back 4. Anyway, it's not happening in the near future. There are still other big names like Kroos, Reus, Hummels, Müller, who are favourites of Löw.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Germany doesn't have a DM with the quality of Aranguiz. Kroos doesn't fit into a high energy high pressing Leverkusen style 433 and the only alternative is Kimmich as the DM, while Weigl lacks the physicality and work rate.

Kehrer Süle Tah Hector
----------Kimmich------
-------Brandt---Havertz-
Gnabry----Werner--Sane

No idea how Kehrer does in a back 4. Anyway, it's not happening in the near future. There are still other big names like Kroos, Reus, Hummels, Müller, who are favourites of Löw.
Unfortunately, I'm expecting the same. I'd love if he'd trust the young generation completely and build something great with a 3-4 year period in mind but I doubt he'll abandon his favourites
LIn some cases, like Kroos and Reus and maybe Hummels, I understand this mindset but others like Müller shouldn't be playing.

We'll see what the future brings. All I know is these two currently show thrilling performances as a midfield pairing.

Hulksmash

Why he isnt playing, is it because his contract Situation? For me he is the best and most talented winger in the premier league

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Why he isnt playing, is it because his contract Situation? For me he is the best and most talented winger in the premier league
Sterling's better than him, comfortably. Not by much but he's more consistent and reliable and works harder. Same goes for Bernardo Silva this season. Sane should be starting more though. I think the main problem is his attitude. There's no smoke without fire. Pep didn't include him in the matchday squad earlier in the season apparently as a wake-up call. Loew famously didn't take him to the World Cup and Kroos commented that there was a feeling that Sane sometimes didn't care if his team won or lost. His contract situation I don't believe is much of a factor, if at all. I'm guessing it's purely his attitude that Pep has an issue with.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think he's the most talented, but for me he's the most exciting and is tailor made for the most attractive attacking style.

Skills

Snitch
Sterling's better than him, comfortably. Not by much but he's more consistent and reliable and works harder. Same goes for Bernardo Silva this season. Sane should be starting more though. I think the main problem is his attitude. There's no smoke without fire. Pep didn't include him in the matchday squad earlier in the season apparently as a wake-up call. Loew famously didn't take him to the World Cup and Kroos commented that there was a feeling that Sane sometimes didn't care if his team won or lost. His contract situation I don't believe is much of a factor, if at all. I'm guessing it's purely his attitude that Pep has an issue with.
I think he must play for City to play their best and most effective football. He's great at stretching the pitch so wide, that it allows the likes of the Silvas, De Bruyne more time and space in the middle to pick out passes. Without him the game just becomes too cramped which plays into the hands of a team like Spurs.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He’s not necessarily better than Sterling but tactically he’s essential to City IMO.. without him they look much easier to contain.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He has a tattoo of himself on his back. Red flag if I ever saw one. Terrific player on his day though.

He's the player i'd most want us to sign from City, on ability alone at least. He's a phenomenal talent and still has years ahead of him. Shame he seems like a bit of an idiot.