Let's all Laugh at England

Hammerfell

On football terms, has anybody else been unimpressed with England's all round game so far? :nervous:

I feel like we're just a good team away from being knocked out but the draw had been unreal for England. Knocking out minnows whilst the big dogs tear chunks out of each other. I think Croatia would be 50 50 but England might end up in the final by default, playing football clearly inspired by LVG.

Very few shots from open play, danger from corners, happy to pass around at the back.
Have you not read anything on here the last couple of weeks?!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
On football terms, has anybody else been unimpressed with England's all round game so far? :nervous:

I feel like we're just a good team away from being knocked out but the draw had been unreal for England. Knocking out minnows whilst the big dogs tear chunks out of each other. I think Croatia would be 50 50 but England might end up in the final by default, playing football clearly inspired by LVG.

Very few shots from open play, danger from corners, happy to pass around at the back.
We don't play attractive football, but tactically we are very good. Teams will struggle to have any period of really dominance I feel.

buckooo1978

Reckon Set Piece FC will reach the end against a much superior Croatia team

that midfield of Croatia will run the show

lewwoo

We are in the world cup semi finals despite having a easy route and not playing any decent teams etc etc we are still there. All you bitters with teams not even in the competition would be singing it loud and proud if you were in the same place.

Acole9

Outstanding
Caf is full of anti English racists.

Quite disappointed and disgusted to be honest.
Absolutely, just nothing but pure bitterness. It's really putting this whole United>England thing into context, I thought that and the whole "World champions twice" chant was just to wind up the West Ham fans but I'm even reading comments from English people who are United fans criticising the national team, don't get me wrong anything United achieve will always mean so much more to me but all this hating England stuff when you're English is just sad and pathetic.

We've got a decent/likeable crop now (Except for Alli and possibly Henderson)

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
We are in the world cup semi finals despite having a easy route and not playing any decent teams etc etc we are still there. All you bitters with teams not even in the competition would be singing it loud and proud if you were in the same place.
Right on. Plus all in all England got there is a relatively non controversial way imho but some act like it's a freaking disgrace.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

Reminds me of Fortnite @Redlambs

What's the problem? In 20 years no one will remember who you faced, just that you won the bloody thing.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Reminds me of Fortnite @Redlambs

What's the problem? In 20 years no one will remember who you faced, just that you won the bloody thing.
That's exactly it :lol:

My GF got her first solo win on playstation the other day, 0 kills. Yep, zero. To be fair it was her bouncepad that blew him into the storm, but still. It's a win though and that's what counts :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
That's exactly it :lol:

My GF got her first solo win on playstation the other day, 0 kills. Yep, zero. To be fair it was her bouncepad that blew him into the storm, but still. It's a win though and that's what counts :lol:
Niiiice. You've got a nice gamer family going.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Removed here from the UK media so; are the Wags there this time and is that a media focus?
Feckin hated when they were in past WCs.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
You laugh because you are one of them, hate for English race is to strong in you.
I'm English though.

By and large my country is a disappointment to me. Too full of nationalists and xenophobes. Our public gardens are being paved over. Our politicians are self obssessed.the soft c conservatives do their best to stop this country moving forward whilst failing to protect what's most important. We fail to stand up for human rights, free trade, free markets, the environment.

We don't exactly have the worst of the left and the right, but we no one tries to make this country better than it was yesterday. Too many that drop litter and not enough that pick it up. Too many that use tax evasion whilst blaming those on benefits and not enough that ask to pay more. We don't help our entrepreneurs. We keep our teachers poor. We let our elderly rot, we let our children take the burden of our lives.

And yet.

We're England. We stand for rules. For fair play. For freedom. We love life living. Were into the semi final

Redlambs

I'm English though.

By and large my country is a disappointment to me. Too full of nationalists and xenophobes. Our public gardens are being paved over. Our politicians are self obssessed.the soft c conservatives do their best to stop this country moving forward whilst failing to protect what's most important. We fail to stand up for human rights, free trade, free markets, the environment.

We don't exactly have the worst of the left and the right, but we no one tries to make this country better than it was yesterday. Too many that drop litter and not enough that pick it up. Too many that use tax evasion whilst blaming those on benefits and not enough that ask to pay more. We don't help our entrepreneurs. We keep our teachers poor. We let our elderly rot, we let our children take the burden of our lives.

And yet.

We're England. We stand for rules. For fair play. For freedom. We love life living. Were into the semi final
You get my vote!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I'm English though.

And yet.

don't bring this shit here, we are in the semis. A few more whooops is needed.

Zoo

Usually rooting for England at Euros and WCs. But can't really connect with this team. There's no one with any charisma (good or bad). It's all a bit dull.
That’s the beauty of it though the media are trying their hardest to constantly make this about Kane.

TheReligion

Abusive
You mean the same way United fans still hate a team that hasn't won a league title since 1990?

Explain that one
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Robbie Boy

Their football has been shite, they have plenty of underwhelming players and have played poor opposition but they’re in the semis of the WC so what can you say...

Apokalips

Personally I am very unimpressed. Obviously delighted to keep plugging along and progressing, much like I was in our Europa campaign, but I haven't been impressed. Putting bias aside, if I was a neutral there's not a single player I'd look at in this side and think "ooh he looks interesting" apart from maybe Maguire or Pickford (who I never particularly rated). Our matches always feel like two average teams not doing much, but if that wins us the cup who cares. It just doesn't fill me with confidence against France/Belgium (if we get there!)

JoaquinJoaquin

Remember when Atletico Madrid won La Liga through alot of set pieces in 2014? Well this England team play a hell of a lot like that.

Loublaze

ATLien
One of our biggest, a lot would say definitely our biggest, rivals?

Yeah that's entirely the same thing.
Some people find the English NT very unlikeable, the same way some English fans dislike other countries. I've seen a lot of talk here about 'the dirty South Americans' for instance and relevancy has nothing to do with it. You should just accept it, its part of the game

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Any specific examples? The English team and the country as a while is made of players with different colors and various ethnicities.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Some people find the English NT very unlikeable, the same way some English fans dislike other countries. I've seen a lot of talk here about 'the dirty South Americans' for instance and relevancy has nothing to do with it. You should just accept it, its part of the game
You might have me confused with the other poster, I don't care about your view on the English NT or whether or not this talk you've seen of "dirty South Americans" is real.

I was merely pointing out how your analogy was wrong.

England have the most likeable team since Euro 1996, they have been very generous to the media and in Southgate we finally have someone we want to root for. Just see the Southgate memes after the Colombia match. I’m cheering on Henderson, and Alli and Kane even though I am Utd through and through. This is England, without any cliques and issues between clubs, everyone pulling in the same direction - it’s an absolute pleasure.

If anyone from another country disagrees, we don’t care, we are in the Semi-Finals and haven’t needed to revert to theatrics or cheating like many of our opponents have (Panama and Colombia are a disgrace).

We are all enjoying the WC, and long may it continue.

podurban2

Ain’t no one laughing at you, but the way some English fans have behaved without anyone on this forum speaking up against it is extremely sad. Why?

Hammerfell

Ain’t no one laughing at you, but the way some English fans have behaved without anyone on this forum speaking up against it is extremely sad. Why?
Who? We've been taking pelters from every other nationality!

podurban2

Who? We've been taking pelters from every other nationality!
Pelters? Have you seen any international fan using physical violence against the English in Russia?

The fact that you of defend some English fans’ behaviour in Russia is incredible. ”Pelters”, feck me.

Hammerfell

Pelters? Have you seen any international fan using physical violence against the English in Russia?

The fact that you of defend some English fans’ behaviour in Russia is incredible. ”Pelters”, feck me.
I'm talking about on here, wind your neck in!

Fluctuation0161

I'm English though.

And yet.

Cognitive dissonance...

I'm in. It's coming home....

Redlambs

What, exactly, are you going on about? I've just googled world news and I see some skirmishes involving fans from various nations, but nothing really major. So please do enlighten us?