Let's all Laugh at England

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Same. I think the rousing version of God Save The Queen from the stands tonight was my tipping point. Been rooting for them all tournament but that’s it now. Enough.
Yeah, hearing that certainly didn't help. :lol:

saturday_fever

It is not being salty but yoh look at this world cup and it has delivered interms of quality. But this was a boring QF and England did not even attack a poor sweden team . Just look at France and Belgium, their knockout games were entertaining and of high quality. You cant compare England to them.

Hammerfell

It is not being salty but yoh look at this world cup and it has delivered interms of quality. But this was a boring QF and England did not even attack a poor sweden team . Just look at France and Belgium, their knockout games were entertaining and of high quality. You cant compare England to them.
Sure it is. Sodium chloride in abundance.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Sure you can. You just did!

LARulz

He topped that by calling his wife a ‘machine.’ :lol:
:lol: My opinion of him has changed from nothing/being a City player so some dislike by default to someone who I actually now like. Delli Ali for example on the other hand I still dislike, just seems incredibly unlikable in his interviews

Stan Jefferson

So England win, scoring 2 goals, and its their fault its a boring game because they didn't attack? You sure about that first bit?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Should have played Rashford instead of Sterling.

The game would have been closed before.

mckenzie79

So England win 2-0 and it's not good enough.

Riiiight

Fridge chutney

Your bitterness is a bit embarrassing to be honest.

If Sterling wasn't so wasteful it should have been more comfortable.

But England kept a clean sheet, received no yellows so all possible suspensions wiped, scored a goal from a set piece and one from open play. They also comfortably beat a team that has won thrice this tournament, including thrashing Mexico and beating Switzerland.

England may lose in the semis. They may lose in the final. It may come home. But English fans finally have something to smile about, despite bitter posts like yours.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Your bitterness is a bit embarrassing to be honest.

If Sterling wasn't so wasteful it should have been more comfortable.

But England kept a clean sheet, received no yellows so all possible suspensions wiped, scored a goal from a set piece and one from open play. They also comfortably beat a team that has won thrice this tournament, including thrashing Mexico and beating Switzerland.

England may lose in the semis. They may lose in the final. It may come home. But English fans finally have something to smile about, despite bitter posts like yours.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Lots of 'em!

My American wife even bought me an England shirt to wear during the tournament. That's what I call a good woman.

GeorgieBoy

It seems as though people have decided that at this World Cup goals scored from corners and penalties don't seem to count.
Never knew that...

Pagh Wraith

Usually rooting for England at Euros and WCs. But can't really connect with this team. There's no one with any charisma (good or bad). It's all a bit dull.

Giggs86

Anything can happen from now on. France, Belgium and even Croatia can be too much for England to handle, but weirder things already happened in football. Win two games and you're world champions, it's all that the English players should worry about. It's coming home!

Castia

Usually rooting for England at Euros and WCs. But can't really connect with this team. There's no one with any charisma (good or bad). It's all a bit dull.

Completely the opposite for me. We’re usually going to a tournament with 3-4 ‘superstars’ and 2-3 douchbags I can’t stand (Terry, Gerrard etc) that let the country down every time.

This squad is young, has its own style and I like the chemistry the players have. I also like our underdog status it suits the squad.

Munkehboi

China invented Association Rules Football?
Not the Asscoiation Rules that we know now but football in the first instance, including having rules, professional players and teams, managers, captains and obvisouly putting the ball into the back of the net with your feet (maybe your head aswell?)

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Congratulations to the English team and the supporters. Well deserved win and good luck in the SF. All in all you where better and with so many quality players you where a much better team. Well done.

Classical Mechanic

Not the Asscoiation Rules that we know now but football in the first instance, including having rules, professional players and teams, managers, captains and obvisouly putting the ball into the back of the net with your feet (maybe your head aswell?)
So what you are saying is that they didn't invent the game that is played at the World Cup. Nice to know.

lewwoo

I love the fact so many hate us. At least we are still relevant or they wouldnt care so much.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
On football terms, has anybody else been unimpressed with England's all round game so far? :nervous:

I feel like we're just a good team away from being knocked out but the draw had been unreal for England. Knocking out minnows whilst the big dogs tear chunks out of each other. I think Croatia would be 50 50 but England might end up in the final by default, playing football clearly inspired by LVG.

Very few shots from open play, danger from corners, happy to pass around at the back.

Nikhil

So far:
  • Before the World Cup: You're shit and will struggle to get out of the group.
  • After the Tunisia game: You're shit and needed a last minute goal.
  • After the Panama game: You're shit and only beat a pub team.
  • After the Belgium game: You're shit and couldn't beat Belgium's reserves.
  • After the Colombia game: You're shit and still haven't played anyone decent.
If we lose:
  • After the Sweden game: You're shit and lost to a shit team.
  • After the Croatia/Russia game: You're shit and lost to a shit team.
  • After the final: You're shit and lost to the first decent team you played.
If we go all the way:
  • After the Sweden game: You're shit and still haven't played anyone decent.
  • After the Croatia/Russia game: You're shit and still haven't played anyone decent.
  • After the final: You're shit and only beat one decent team in the whole tournament.
Imagine being one of those people. It's like their mothers didn't love them, they've ended up with a fat wife or they know they're ugly. Just not happy with life.
Excellent post. It really is bizarre the way people like knocking sports teams and players down.