Let's all laugh at Germany

Dr. StrangeHate

They are a better team than Spain and England and have some amazing talents.

Funny that they are out but in the next Euro they will be better. They do lack a striker though. Spain will also improve from the moment they abandon the barcaphilia.
Player wise England are only second to France and there is not much in that even. Southgate having a horrible style of football clouds people to the talent this England team has.
Spain play way better as a team compared to Germany.

redcucumber

They are a better team than Spain and England and have some amazing talents.

Funny that they are out but in the next Euro they will be better. They do lack a striker though. Spain will also improve from the moment they abandon the barcaphilia.
On the basis of what?!

led_scholes

Player wise England are only second to France and there is not much in that even. Southgate having a horrible style of football clouds people to the talent this England team has.
Spain play way better as a team compared to Germany.
Re. England I agree. I would probably put Brazil second. And then England. But if the manager doesn't want / doesn't know how to use the talent of the squad, then the team as a sum will fail. England in 2004 had x100 the talent of the Greek squad, but when you use your best players in random positions, then the result won't come. I never said that Germany has better players: I just think they play better as a unit.

Resonance

When England get knocked out, the English laugh along with everyone else at our team being knocked out again. When Germany get knocked out, the Germans get offended by everyone else laughing at their team.

Chief123

When England get knocked out, the English laugh along with everyone else at our team being knocked out again. When Germany get knocked out, the Germans get offended by everyone else laughing at their team.
What’s really cute is some of the German fans trying to pretend they aren’t bothered about England. :lol: It’s on par with Man City fans believing everyone else is bothered by them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What’s really cute is some of the German fans trying to pretend they aren’t bothered about England. :lol: It’s on par with Man City fans believing everyone else is bothered by them.
Why would germans be bothered about England?

fck

Supports
Bayern
I love these generalizations. I remember plenty of England fans getting offended as well when they crashed out in the Euros and England were made fun of.

Does Germany now have to accept that they are minnows?
Well, we are now definitely more minnows then powerhouse, that's for sure.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I hate England because I have exposure to their fans and media :lol:

Most Germans I know don't hate England though, more Italy from what I've seen. In the Euro final I think most were supporting England while I was for Italy :D

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Italy have been a joke aswell a fluke EC win doesn't make them look good all of a sudden.
A number of nations would happily have a "fluke" major tournament win rather than just have a high FIFA ranking. Euros and WC is what it counts for European countries. Likes of England have not had such a fluke win for close to 60 years now.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Germany weren’t that bad, 10 minutes against Japan in one game killed them. Seems more of a mental issue as much as a talent one. They’ve conceded too many soft goals in recent tournaments. Which is a big change from growing up with the Germans being boring but strong and rarely prone to a mistake.
Bad finishing was a theme for them across three matches. Against Japan they should have been 2 or 3 up by the time they conceded the first goal. Even against Spain, they had chances to win the game towards the end. Against Costa Rica, they should have scored 2 or 3 more goals. You can't just be unlucky to miss so many chances across three matches. They need to invest in new forwards.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
There’s nothing to jinx for England fans. Our coach is Gareth Southgate.
Exactly. We'll beat the average to shite sides then as soon as he comes across a decent team or a coach with a clue and a capable side, we'll be out. That means QF's this time at best.

Real Name

Whats the story with rivalries with Netherlands and Italy about?

How and when did it start?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

i’m a little rusty on the subject but from memory it all started due to something to do with rio ferdinand.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Of course the Germans try to pick on the little Dutch instead of the mighty English. It's pathetic.

It's definitely Italy. Every sane german hates the italian national team. We do not care that much about the Dutch, from my experience at least. England not at all either. But Italy can make blood boil.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Italy have been a joke aswell a fluke EC win doesn't make them look good all of a sudden.
Not sure how it could be called a fluke going on a record breaking streak, making a final of a major tournament and winning on the oppo’s turf. Imo the look a lot better than what they were dishing up under the Ventura era.

Back on topic - Germany you suck.

Karmapolice

apparently, german fans were shouting "f#ck you taliban" and "israel" towards arab fans in the stadium after the final whistle.

lovely bunch, aren't they?

KeanoMagicHat

Bad finishing was a theme for them across three matches. Against Japan they should have been 2 or 3 up by the time they conceded the first goal. Even against Spain, they had chances to win the game towards the end. Against Costa Rica, they should have scored 2 or 3 more goals. You can't just be unlucky to miss so many chances across three matches. They need to invest in new forwards.
They still scored 4 goals against Costa Rica, since they conceded 2, they would have needed to score 9, unlikely. Against Spain yeah they had chances but so did Spain, 1-1 was a fair enough result. Japan game yes they could have finished them off but still if they could defend better they would have got at least a 1-1 draw and gone through.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC

Italy is to Germany what Germany is to England...the team that keeps eliminating you from big tournaments and every time you wonder how you lost even though you thought you were the better team. And just as England finally beat Germany in 2021 Germany finally got past Italy in 2016.
The Netherlands are just a semi-friendly sibling rivalry. It used to be a lot more serious because of WW2 but nowadays it doesn't feel like that big of a deal anymore.

Cloud7

To be completely honest Germany, like Belgium, Argentina and Portugal have made a fatal mistake - failure to getting rid of the old legends.

I adore Zidane for bowing out of NT on top, Lahm did the same. Ronaldo Lima and Ronaldinho left European football for Brazil when they knew it was over, Xavi and Iniesta stayed one or two years to long but then left for Asia.

Neuer, Müller need to be gone. Hazard and some older Belgian players should never have been part of this. Messi and Ronaldo need to get the boot as soon as possible. It's about getting rid before the legend becomes liabilities on and outside the pitch.

The culture amongst the young ones can't develop with the old heads being around while being shadows of themselves. But the problem is that the upcoming generation mostly has failed to be good enough to force out the oldies.

In my view Germany should start with picking a new keeper that is 21-25 years old. Ter Stegen will be 32 next euros and 34 in the World Cup, much better to get rid of him too and focus on building a new Neuer. Bayern should think about getting Nubel back from loan asap.
I agree with most of your point with the exception of Messi. Argentina are not very good without him. Most of the good for them has him playing a huge part.

Real Name

Italy is to Germany what Germany is to England...the team that keeps eliminating you from big tournaments and every time you wonder how you lost even though you thought you were the better team. And just as England finally beat Germany in 2021 Germany finally got past Italy in 2016.
The Netherlands are just a semi-friendly sibling rivalry. It used to be a lot more serious because of WW2 but nowadays it doesn't feel like that big of a deal anymore.
Ah I see, thanks. :)

Cloud7

We had a whole thread in here where tons upon tons of England fans were offended when they were laughed at after losing the Euros and many were up themselves talking about everyone being anti English etc all over some football banter

Tommy79

If memory serves me right, isn't that the reason Rijkaard gave in 1990 after the dirty bastard spat on Rudi Voeller during the world cup match, Italy I'd say is due to them being their main Euro rivals for trophies given the English well, always seem to bottle it at tournaments and where seen as the stepping stone to be kicked to the side and not worry about.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If memory serves me right, isn't that the reason Rijkaard gave in 1990 after the dirty bastard spat on Rudi Voeller during the world cup match, Italy I'd say is due to them being their main Euro rivals for trophies given the English well, always seem to bottle it at tournaments and where seen as the stepping stone to be kicked to the side and not worry about.
Nah with Italy it's the fact Germany couldn't buy a win against them in a competitive match until a few years ago

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We had a whole thread in here where tons upon tons of England fans were offended when they were laughed at after losing the Euros and many were up themselves talking about everyone being anti English etc all over some football banter
I think the 'anti-english' stuff was in response to people literally saying terrible things about English people, not laughing about Saka and Rashford missing a penalty. But yeah, you are right though, some people definitely got a bit overly emotional in the face of the lighthearted banter.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Let's be honest Germans might hate England even more than Italy. Let's not forget that at the EURO2020 final they were rooting for us

Now that Germany got their win vs Italy in an official tournament match, our rivalry is more about trophies than real hate.
Given they're the most successful european NT (4 WC, 3 Euros) and we're 2nd (4 WC, 2 Euros) it's clear they want to stay on top while we want to catch them (hopefully we will at EURO2024 in their own home)

Polar

I’m a little bit sad because I wanted to see more of Musiala. It was really fun to watch him play. Great talent.

Cloud7

I think the 'anti-english' stuff was in response to people literally saying terrible things about English people, not laughing about Saka and Rashford missing a penalty. But yeah, you are right though, some people definitely got a bit overly emotional in the face of the lighthearted banter.
Okay fair enough on the bolded, if that happened then yeah that's out of order. However a lot of people definitely did get overly emotional, as you said.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
In the 70s it was about the duel of styles, Cruyff's total football versus the proverbial German ruthlessness and efficiency. So there is a lot more history to it than just that event in the 90s.

In general I feel like it depends also on the region you live in if you see Italy or the Netherlands as more important, for me as a Northerner the Dutch are much more interesting, but I feel like in the south that's different.

Nonetheless I would say those two and Brazil are the main rivalries due to history, maybe I would add Argentina next. England might aspire to be one of that main rivals for us, but they simply are one of many and not outstanding.