Let's all laugh at Germany

Pintu

that's not true is it? After the England loss in the Euro Final vs Italy I had a read through quite a few Buli Team Forums and they alle were laughing and celebrating the England loss.

I could be wrong obviously since I build my assumption only on the posts on these forums on that night.
England or Italy winning a Euro only gets the winner to 2 EC. Germany has 3 of those. If the same final was played at some WCs, I'd guess the Germans would rather see England reach 2 (half of Germany's 4) than see Italy go past them and reach 5...

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wow let`s see how this holds up when you are playing next round. Hope this thread did not jinx it for you, would be a shame, especially for op.:rolleyes:

TheLittleOne

the audacity while being the worst host nation on and off the field ever :lol:

Cant deny i think its funny germany is out (noone likes to make fun of germany as much as us swiss since its like a sibling war and they are the older one :angel:) but i would have prefered if costa rica won as well and spain joined germany because that style of play is boring as fvck.

Op's first pic is a little rich, italy isnt even in it.

and yeah Kaspar is right the "Wembley goal" wasnt actually a goal and we all know that.

I wonder if my german colleague even comes to work tomorrow as he was super confident pre game :lol:

Last edited:

Robertd0803

It not as funny as Lukaku single handedly eliminating Belgium but another group stage elimination is pretty funny.

A full reset coming?

RedChisel

It's so funny to me how the English have that rivalry with us while we don't really care that much about you...
Ah that old chestnut again. You keep thinking that to make yourself feel better and England will continue to outperform Germany in tournaments.

TheLittleOne

Ah that old chestnut again. You keep thinking that to make yourself feel better and England will continue to outperform Germany in tournaments.
in recent years maybe other than that you are always among the favourites but never actually won anything to be honest. The only time you did well Kaspar likes to have a word with you :P

Edit; im out of posts and im not gonna bother to wait till tomorrow so @RedChisel im not german and i always was a fan of english football thats how i became a fan of Manchester United but its the truth and i will agree with you that english football made great progress and you have many great talents who, hopefully, will do very well in the future

And yes im sorry germans consider england much less as a rival than vice versa and, as an outsider, i think they consider the netherlands much more as a rival than england

Last edited:

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
They lack some great striker that can score when it matters

They played well, but missing so many chances costed them the qualification.

I think they should stay with Fick, and hope some striker to develop.

RedChisel

in recent years maybe other than that you are always among the favourites but never actually won anything to be honest. The only time you did well Kaspar likes to have a word with you :P
Well it's easy to be smug and claim there's no rivalry when you are on top. Things could be shifting now and England are a better team than Germany consistently.

You might find that you are a bit more desperate to beat the English than you were before.

Cloud7

While Germany have been crap recently you should wait until England win something before talking about outperforming them when they won the WC in 2014 :lol:

A couple extra rounds isn't much to brag about against a team that has actually won it

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Waiting for the “Let’s all laugh at England” thread when their meeting with Senegal goes unexpectedly pear shaped.

KeanoMagicHat

Germany weren’t that bad, 10 minutes against Japan in one game killed them. Seems more of a mental issue as much as a talent one. They’ve conceded too many soft goals in recent tournaments. Which is a big change from growing up with the Germans being boring but strong and rarely prone to a mistake.

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

Last 26 important matches (Since the start of the World Cup 2018).

W: 6
D: 10
L: 10

+ they have conceded a goal in 25 of this 26 matches.....this one match was a 0-0 draw against France in September 2018 (So they have conceded at least one goal in the last 22 important matches).

Their defence is so average and Neuer is nothing special anymore....for me that is their major problem.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well jokes apart, Germany in the last 4/5 years have been the most disappointing top NT in the world. I mean:

- 2018 World Cup: Eliminated from the group stage
- 2019 Nations League: finished dead last and saved from League B by UEFA
- 2020 Nations League: failed to qualify for Final Four after being trashed 6-0 by Spain
- Euro 2021: Eliminated in the Ro16
- 2022 Nations League: 3rd in the group behind Italy and Hungary
- 2022 World Cup: Out in the group stage

No other NT flopped in every single competition in recent years as they did..
Huge pressure on Euro 2024, in a year and a half, especially because they're the host nation.
After he won the treble apparently Hansi Flick was an all great manager.

Looking at Germany their defence has become average. There's no real excellence there. And it's the same upfront. They move the ball well but don't actually hurt teams. Too much huffing and puffing at either end without anything decisive.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Germany weren’t that bad, 10 minutes against Japan in one game killed them. Seems more of a mental issue as much as a talent one. They’ve conceded too many soft goals in recent tournaments. Which is a big change from growing up with the Germans being boring but strong and rarely prone to a mistake.
Yeah their general play was pretty good. But they are leaky at the back. I don't know if it's mental. Do they have actual quality in decence?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah their general play was pretty good. But they are leaky at the back. I don't know if it's mental. Do they have actual quality in decence?
They don't. Rudiger is a hack job at this level. Sule is Sule. Full backs are average/past it.

Muller starting three games in the 2022 WC should tell you all there is to about their forward options.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Germany dropping out is hilarious but tbh England's implosion is what the world waits for. Unfortunately, with Saka and a few other likeable personalities my absolute desire to see them crash and burn has softened a bit.

led_scholes

They are a better team than Spain and England and have some amazing talents.

Funny that they are out but in the next Euro they will be better. They do lack a striker though. Spain will also improve from the moment they abandon the barcaphilia.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
To be completely honest Germany, like Belgium, Argentina and Portugal have made a fatal mistake - failure to getting rid of the old legends.

I adore Zidane for bowing out of NT on top, Lahm did the same. Ronaldo Lima and Ronaldinho left European football for Brazil when they knew it was over, Xavi and Iniesta stayed one or two years to long but then left for Asia.

Neuer, Müller need to be gone. Hazard and some older Belgian players should never have been part of this. Messi and Ronaldo need to get the boot as soon as possible. It's about getting rid before the legend becomes liabilities on and outside the pitch.

The culture amongst the young ones can't develop with the old heads being around while being shadows of themselves. But the problem is that the upcoming generation mostly has failed to be good enough to force out the oldies.

In my view Germany should start with picking a new keeper that is 21-25 years old. Ter Stegen will be 32 next euros and 34 in the World Cup, much better to get rid of him too and focus on building a new Neuer. Bayern should think about getting Nubel back from loan asap.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
They are a better team than Spain and England and have some amazing talents.

Funny that they are out but in the next Euro they will be better. They do lack a striker though. Spain will also improve from the moment they abandon the barcaphilia.
Not really. On an Individual level England has the better players. Even Pickford takes a dump on Neuer when he is playing like that.

As a Team Spain is miles ahead of Germany, no question about that.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
They don't. Rudiger is a hack job at this level. Sule is Sule. Full backs are average/past it.

Muller starting three games in the 2022 WC should tell you all there is to about their forward options.
Oliver Kahn in his prime would have had three clean sheets. I think that is the primary problem. Defence in general though could have been better. However I think we did not have a good offence, not good enough to turn opportunities into goals.

led_scholes

Not really. On an Individual level England has the better players. Even Pickford takes a dump on Neuer when he is playing like that.

As a Team Spain is miles ahead of Germany, no question about that.
Pickford is not a better player than Neuer even if Neuer is playing with a broken arm.

Spain miles ahead? Germany outplayed them for a whole half.

Also, I said that Germany is a better team than England. I didn't say they have better players.

Ekeke

I cant remember a top player having as bad a tournament as Neuer has had this time round. Even in his slump form De Gea wasnt as bad as that. Getting beat at his front post etc

RedDevilMachine

that's not true is it? After the England loss in the Euro Final vs Italy I had a read through quite a few Buli Team Forums and they alle were laughing and celebrating the England loss.

I could be wrong obviously since I build my assumption only on the posts on these forums on that night.
Most of these Bundesliga forums are not even Germans. They are Americans or ABE (Anything But England) brigade.

RedDevilMachine

It's true though. England has an obsession with Germany but that rivalry is completely one-sided. No one in Germany sees England as a rival. Germany's biggest rival in football is Italy and Netherlands.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be completely honest Germany, like Belgium, Argentina and Portugal have made a fatal mistake - failure to getting rid of the old legends.

I adore Zidane for bowing out of NT on top, Lahm did the same. Ronaldo Lima and Ronaldinho left European football for Brazil when they knew it was over, Xavi and Iniesta stayed one or two years to long but then left for Asia.

Neuer, Müller need to be gone. Hazard and some older Belgian players should never have been part of this. Messi and Ronaldo need to get the boot as soon as possible. It's about getting rid before the legend becomes liabilities on and outside the pitch.

The culture amongst the young ones can't develop with the old heads being around while being shadows of themselves. But the problem is that the upcoming generation mostly has failed to be good enough to force out the oldies.

In my view Germany should start with picking a new keeper that is 21-25 years old. Ter Stegen will be 32 next euros and 34 in the World Cup, much better to get rid of him too and focus on building a new Neuer. Bayern should think about getting Nubel back from loan asap.
I don't think Messi belongs in that group - without him Argentina are still not all that.

Chief123

It's so funny to me how the English have that rivalry with us while we don't really care that much about you...
It isn’t the rivalry England fans are bothered about. We just enjoy laughing at how poor your football team is. :lol:

RedChisel

It's true though. England has an obsession with Germany but that rivalry is completely one-sided. No one in Germany sees England as a rival. Germany's biggest rival in football is Italy and Netherlands.
Not obsessed at all. Couldn't give a crap about Germany most of the time. Just find it funny when they get knocked out in the group stages again. I'm sure you'll all have a good laugh and a tug when England get knocked out.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah it’s a silly comment from @RedDevilMachine. There’s obviously a healthy rivalry between the two countries which is mutual.

You can even see that by the exchanges between posters here at times!
Absolutely, England, Holland and Italy are the 'big' rivals, but it's all pretty mild stuff. Just an occasion for schadenfreude here and there, the same Germany has to endure now