Lets laugh at Liverpool

LordSpud

Here's a nice little take on a Wednesday... if Liverpool fail to make Top 4 this season they wont be back in it for years.

City will stay in there.
United should stay there (especially if Qatar comes in)
Chelsea will be back with a new manager
Newcastle will eventually crack into it
Tottenham will be thereabouts.
Arsenal are on the up.

Liverpool could be set for a large period of irrelevancy.

Enjoy.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Here's a nice little take on a Wednesday... if Liverpool fail to make Top 4 this season they wont be back in it for years.

City will stay in there.
United should stay there (especially if Qatar comes in)
Chelsea will be back with a new manager
Newcastle will eventually crack into it
Tottenham will be thereabouts.
Arsenal are on the up.

Liverpool could be set for a large period of irrelevancy.

Enjoy.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh Lord make this happen.

cyberman

Random guess the score post on Twitter
Look at the first score it give you before even playing

Jeffthered

I watched a bit of this, and at 2-5, I thought '...this could end up being seven, or eight...'

Liverpool were absolutely battered. Haven't seen that in a while.

And that guy, Camavinga in midfield for Real... what a f***ing player he looks btw. Blimey.

LordSpud

I watched a bit of this, and at 2-5, I thought '...this could end up being seven, or eight...'

And that guy, Camavinga in midfield for Real... what a f***ing player he looks btw. Blimey.
Oh yes, it will be interesting next Sunday. I think the Everton and Newcastle results were a bit of a false dawn for them.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

What amazed me was the lack of fight or intensity, Madrid were knocking the ball about for fun

meamth

I lost it with Mane, what actually happened between him and Klopp that they failed to agree on a new contract?

Because I truly believe losing Mane is the main cause to their downfall.

"I do absolutes, Sadio Mane is the best player in the world."

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The problem with Liverpool which is why they’ve never managed to form a dynasty is that they often lose one of their very best players to arguably bigger or more financially better of clubs:

2022: Mane
2018: Coutiniho
2015: Sterling
2014: Suarez
2011: Torres
2010: Masherano
2009: Alonso

United have never had this issue with the exception of Ronaldo. All the players we lost were gotten rid of by the club (similar to City now who are the dominant force). Madrid, Barca, Bayern and other elite clubs have also never had this issue.

Liverpool just aren’t quite in the elite club bracket for me, and the status quo for them isn’t winning titles every season.

Mane leaving is obviously a massive reason for the problems they’ve had this season, he was such an excellent player for them. Would not be surprising if Salah went this Summer either.

RopersReturn

Have to say Madrid really are the masters of the rebuild, they don't seem to have a lull, they're always there. Look at them now, Camavinga, Valverde in midfield, with Modric... Junior, Rodrygo in attack with Benzema.. Exciting youth next to experienced champions. It's perfect. The transition is seamless.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I’m a little ashamed to say I’m happier to see them lose than seeing us win. Well, sometimes it feels like that.
It’s the normal process. They have been relatively successful lately (City were better though) so each of their losses will be greatly celebrated by rivals. If we continue on our upward projection, their losses will not have as much delight to us. So , enjoy!

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Have to say Madrid really are the masters of the rebuild, they don't seem to have a lull, they're always there. Look at them now, Camavinga, Valverde in midfield, with Modric... Junior, Rodrygo in attack with Benzema.. Exciting youth next to experienced champions. It's perfect. The transition is seamless.
In fairness, its not like there's any trick to it besides "lets buy all the clearly rated best youngsters in every position"

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The problem with Liverpool which is why they’ve never managed to form a dynasty is that they often lose one of their very best players to arguably bigger or more financially better of clubs:

2022: Mane
2018: Coutiniho
2015: Sterling
2014: Suarez
2011: Torres
2010: Masherano
2009: Alonso

United have never had this issue with the exception of Ronaldo. All the players we lost were gotten rid of by the club (similar to City now who are the dominant force). Madrid, Barca, Bayern and other elite clubs have also never had this issue.

Liverpool just aren’t quite in the elite club bracket for me, and the status quo for them isn’t winning titles every season.

Mane leaving is obviously a massive reason for the problems they’ve had this season, he was such an excellent player for them. Would not be surprising if Salah went this Summer either.
Under Klopp they didn't lose many players, they lost Mane who was old(ish) player and they signed Thiago under same circumstances.

They lost Coutinho and they got premium value out of that, in a way this deal helped Liverpool in many ways, financially and also tactically.

Offside

Under Klopp they didn't lose many players, they lost Mane who was old(ish) player and they signed Thiago under same circumstances.

They lost Coutinho and they got premium value out of that, in a way this deal helped Liverpool in many ways, financially and also tactically.
Yep, that period of losing Coutiniho and using it to strengthen the rest of the squad sustained them through a successful period, then they lose Mane. A real winning machine like us back in the day goes from strength to strength, for them there's always the eventual set back.

mav_9me

I’m a little ashamed to say I’m happier to see them lose than seeing us win. Well, sometimes it feels like that.
It's very very close for me. If I am 100% happy when we win, I am 99% happy when they lose. Not healthy at all but hey it is what it is.

roonster09

Scout
Yep, that period of losing Coutiniho and using it to strengthen the rest of the squad sustained them through a successful period, then they lose Mane. A real winning machine like us back in the day goes from strength to strength, for them there's always the eventual set back.
That was true in the past but not since Klopp took over. They lost Mane true but he was old player on last year of contract who wanted either new challenge or big contract.

For example Madrid lost Casemiro, Varane; Bayern lost Lewa, Thiago; City lost Cancelo.

Losing one player in 4-5 years is fine, I think their problem was more than losing Mane. It's the old squad and injury problems.

Offside

That was true in the past but not since Klopp took over. They lost Mane true but he was old player on last year of contract who wanted either new challenge or big contract.

For example Madrid lost Casemiro, Varane; Bayern lost Lewa, Thiago; City lost Cancelo.

Losing one player in 4-5 years is fine, I think their problem was more than losing Mane. It's the old squad and injury problems.
You’re right about there being other factors but Mane is a huge loss. Last season there were countless big games and semi-finals where he delivered for them. I don’t think he’s an example of them moving someone on who was older at all. I’m sure they would have kept him, most definitely.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
There was one really telling moment in the post presser by Klopp.
It is at 7:18 in this video. Remarkable moment. Klopp is answering a question as to why Pool can’t play ninety minutes in the way they started last night.

He says they had moments during the game (which is exactly the questioner’s point, and not an answer really) that were probably hard for Madrid to defend.

‘But (that was) the way we used to play, let me say…?

In… the past’.

There’s a brief little smile. He glances quickly to his left, like an actor waiting for a cue. That moment felt like a tell, an admission. He didn’t say it, but what was Klopp thinking? Maybe; ‘yes, it was good in the past. But. This is the present, and we simply can’t play like that, not against a side like Madrid, for a full match. Not with these players’. Or something like that.

roonster09

Scout
You’re right about there being other factors but Mane is a huge loss. Last season there were countless big games and semi-finals where he delivered for them. I don’t think he’s an example of them moving someone on who was older at all. I’m sure they would have kept him, most definitely.
Yeah he is a big miss for sure and if given chance they would have retained him.

I agree with what you are saying for most part, especially their past. It's just that they have improved significantly on their player retention since Klopp took over. Hopefully they start losing their key players like they used to.