Lets laugh at Liverpool

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Under Klopp they didn't lose many players, they lost Mane who was old(ish) player and they signed Thiago under same circumstances.

They lost Coutinho and they got premium value out of that, in a way this deal helped Liverpool in many ways, financially and also tactically.
Losing Wijnaldum was a big loss for their pressing tactics in the middle of the park.

ggg333

Think Getting back Jota and Diaz will make them better along with gakpo, not sure about Nunez though.

Mou Mou Land

Because of old loyalties I was watching the gripping tie that was Argyle v Cheltenham last night instead, and turned over to see how our favourite rivals were doing. It was just after half time and I watched to see the total disintegration of one poor lad. Every time there was a goal or a screw up, the name 'Gomez' seemed to be mentioned. I expected a plastic tent to be put around him and a quiet, but distinguishable shot to be heard.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Because of old loyalties I was watching the gripping tie that was Argyle v Cheltenham last night instead, and turned over to see how our favourite rivals were doing. It was just after half time and I watched to see the total disintegration of one poor lad. Every time there was a goal or a screw up, the name 'Gomez' seemed to be mentioned. I expected a plastic tent to be put around him and a quiet, but distinguishable shot to be heard.
Thats reminds me of the Liverpool fan that woke up sweating in the middle of last night screaming Alison Gomez. The wife promptly kicked him out of the bed.....last seen this morning picking his clothes off the street.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Best part was watching it live last night. Was fairly unimpressed with 2-0. Second half was awesome. Also enjoyed Klopp post match. Weird interview Schmeikel n Van D after game. Painful, almost. Then my mind turned to tomorrow night …

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
It's curious the hate Utd and Liv have for each other. For me, not living in England, it's a learned hate without the venom.

But, I love the PL, and I've always fought the urge to actually support 'Pool during CL. I believe a strong PL means the chances are better top players will want to play for us, so I instinctively want to support Liverpool. Plus, my best mate is a Liverpool fan.

I'm all for football tribalism, but it's actually quite funny how I must consistently stop myself from being happy when Liverpool scores against a European side.

Anyway

Witchking

It's curious the hate Utd and Liv have for each other. For me, not living in England, it's a learned hate without the venom.

But, I love the PL, and I've always fought the urge to actually support 'Pool during CL. I believe a strong PL means the chances are better top players will want to play for us, so I instinctively want to support Liverpool. Plus, my best mate is a Liverpool fan.

I'm all for football tribalism, but it's actually quite funny how I must consistently stop myself from being happy when Liverpool scores against a European side.

Anyway
If you have lived in England or not, knowing the rivalry is important.

If Liverpool do well, then the PL is strong and better players would want to play for United? :wenger:

Strelok

Kinda same here. Tbh I didn't hate Liverpool or City until I started playing FM. And I suck at that game so now I really really hate both.

mshnsh

Anyway
Ok then.

OrcaFat

It’s the normal process. They have been relatively successful lately (City were better though) so each of their losses will be greatly celebrated by rivals. If we continue on our upward projection, their losses will not have as much delight to us. So , enjoy!
Ha ha! Yes good point. When we were winning all the time I took only a passing delight in Liv getting beat. I still hated playing them though. Even if we were nailed on for the league it sickened me to lose to them. Last few years I expected to lose and I suppose it felt as bad as ever.

Living through the 70s and 80s really instilled a very deeply ingrained dislike of Liv FC. Of course some people are too young to remember this but half the country decided to support Liv over that period. Schools up and down the land were full of kids with Liverpool scarves and shirts and for 15 years we had Liverpool’s success stuffed in our faces. Probably the same thing happened with Utd in the 90s but I don’t think I’ll ever recover from the dark days of LFC dominance.

Hoof the ball

Nickelback Football :lol:

'Cause we all just wanna be Scouse la
And live in council houses, nicking 15 cars
The poems come easy, and the inhalers come cheap
We'll all stay 8th, 'cause PGMOL won't let Salah cheat

Hey, hey, I wanna be a Scouse la

The Purley King

Anyway
I started following footy properly in the early / mid 80s when Liverpool were winning everything.
I grew up near Watford and at primary school kids were either Watford or Liverpool fans. It was unbearable as we were a cup team back then.
We were way behind where Liverpool were and when we won the league for the first time in decades in 92 it was an incredible feeling.
Fergie mentioned knocking Liverpool off their perch and we actually did it.
The media in England are filled with scousers and the last few years have been horrible.
There is also the historic rivalry to do with the ship canal and import/export dues that were paid that hasn’t really gone away either.
I guess it’s more intense living in England but probably even more so if you actually live in Manchester (which I never have).

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I started following footy properly in the early / mid 80s when Liverpool were winning everything.
I grew up near Watford and at primary school kids were either Watford or Liverpool fans. It was unbearable as we were a cup team back then.
We were way behind where Liverpool were and when we won the league for the first time in decades in 92 it was an incredible feeling.
Fergie mentioned knocking Liverpool off their perch and we actually did it.
The media in England are filled with scousers and the last few years have been horrible.
There is also the historic rivalry to do with the ship canal and import/export dues that were paid that hasn’t really gone away either.
I guess it’s more intense living in England but probably even more so if you actually live in Manchester (which I never have).
A huge chunk of that era has passed me by, which is a pity. I only started watching in '99 when I lived in England. What a year that turned out to be :devil:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Nickelback Football :lol:

'Cause we all just wanna be Scouse la
And live in council houses, nicking 15 cars
The poems come easy, and the inhalers come cheap
We'll all stay 8th, 'cause PGMOL won't let Salah cheat

Hey, hey, I wanna be a Scouse la
Made me laugh out loud.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Just watched a replay on pub TV of highlights from last night. A few things i hadn’t noticed about the last goal for RM. Firstly, what was Fabhino doing when he lost the ball? Trying to to juggle, or do a keepie-uppie? Second, why is Alisson talking all the time as he is being done by Benzema?

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
If you have lived in England or not, knowing the rivalry is important.

If Liverpool do well, then the PL is strong and better players would want to play for United? :wenger:
You don't have to live in Greater Manchester to hate those cnuts, basically they are exact carbon copy of RAWKites everywhere on the globe, i lived in 3 different countries and its like they churn them out of the same exact replicas from same exact moulding process with stringent QC. Its a miracle

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I knew Liverpool and United were great rivals but I never despised the scousers until I moved there. My first year, my whole Uni hall was cheering on Farca as they slapped us in that 2009 final... and of course there were a couple of Pool fans.

The bias in the media is the one thing that does your head in.

Witchking

You don't have to live in Greater Manchester to hate those cnuts, basically they are exact carbon copy of RAWKites everywhere on the globe, i lived in 3 different countries and its like they churn them out of the same exact replicas from same exact moulding process with stringent QC. Its a miracle
And yet, we have"United fans" liking Liverpool and hope that they play well in the champions League. This way the premier League will be stronger and more players will want to come to United. :lol::lol::lol:

ti vu

Anyway
Unless you never tune in for UK based English commentary, pre match, post match and PL, CL related stuff, it would always appear weird to everyone else, who actually "get it".

How biased Liverpool love in media can be is blatantly disgusting. It's disguised under the PL vs the rest. Yet there has been an ABU culture too, that rubbed it in every chance they can, even it's Man Utd on the receiving end of the big bad European bully.

I meant supporting a club doesn't mean support a league. That's what Liverpool supporters had been for decades where they had conspiracy theory about the creation of PL. Which we happened to dominate during SAF reign. Even with recent success, deep down they would prefer their pre PL dominance because they were also force in European competition pre PL. Didn't it happen to you how often they flash the 5 fingers thing (before winning thier recent 6th)?

Similarly, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Juventus... when they dominated not only the league but also Europe, didn't care much about the league. The top players flocked there, and still are because the prestige and money (they didn't always acquire revenue cleanly either). The issue here is new money is too much and PL strong media coverage and policy is easier for new money to pour in. In no way those teams want their league to be strong. They sugarcoat their ambition to keep their status quo because they know with new money going this way, it's more difficult for them to compete (not that they can't compete).

PL become stronger doesn't always necessarily mean the top players would be more likely to come play for us. Some players would always have the preference for Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Milan... if those clubs can pay the same. Many players would be ready to come to Chelsea, Newcastle, City for the money too. PL may become an absolute super league, doesn't make us more prestigious without those silverware. Serie A is an example. There were competitive teams than just Milan and Juventus, but when it's boiled down, only teams that won a lot get the spot light in history book and being more relevant in the future.

In short, in your own league, your focus is your own success. Your rival success is never good for you.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral

Anyway
Wanting the classic rivals to do well on international stage seems like an oxymoron, pretty sure most United fans would rather Liverpool not to even qualify to the UCL, and have the likes Arsenal and Tottenham losing all their european games every season, even if it means that PL isn't considered the best anymore. At the end of the day these banters about "best league" are an internet thing only.

Gazza

Anyway
I feel like you're missing out. A healthy rivalry is part of supporting a club. I look forward to the fixtures with Liverpool every season because of that rivalry, there's so much on the line because of that 'hatred' as you put it.

Himannv

I honestly don’t feel like laughing at them anymore. They clearly have big problems now with their previously successful team falling apart, but it’s not too long back when we were in the same boat so to speak. They aren’t really at a point where they are even competing with us anymore, so it’s hard to feel anything more than a slight tinge of satisfaction and some sympathy actually.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I honestly don’t feel like laughing at them anymore. They clearly have big problems now with their previously successful team falling apart, but it’s not too long back when we were in the same boat so to speak. They aren’t really at a point where they are even competing with us anymore, so it’s hard to feel anything more than a slight tinge of satisfaction and some sympathy actually.
A slip-up for us at Anfield next week and they would be 11 points behind us with 1 more match for them to play than us. You make it sounds like they are near relegation.

I’m loving my life

A slip-up for us at Anfield next week and they would be 11 points behind us with 1 more match for them to play than us. You make it sounds like they are near relegation.
Yes. It’s mandatory to laugh at them also.

Given they were quadruple prospects last year we haven’t had a long enough dip. And of course they have a few jammy wins and decisions in the bank for the remaining games

Real Name

Anyway
Its a learned hate for me too.

And I never want them to win, never.

And as @Nevilles.Wear.Prada says, they're exactly the same everywhere you go. Even here they're pathetic and have their holier than thou attitude, like they have a weekly seminars how to act and live like a Liverpool supporter.