LGBT Relationship Lessons in UK Schools

nickm

That is not true. You might love someone to a certain level.ALWAYS. And depending on the accumulating of the situations of how that person is, you will love them more or less

If you would have a kid that will spit on you, hit you, vile racist, steal, being a killer, a sadist that will enjoy torturing people, that will kill his mother (your wife), etc... I can guarantee that you will love him less and even hate him.

These are very extreme cases, of course and I am not saying that being homosexual is comparable, basically because being homosexual would not be in any degree of negativity or disappointment in my scale of values (but for some people yes and in different degrees), and I am not saying that anyone here would hate a kid and would not love their kid because he is gay, simply, they would love them less, even if it is from 100% to 99,99999%, basically because in their own words, they would be disappointed because he/she would not fulfill their dreams
The original post was referring to disappointment rather than the campaign of torture you outline above. My point was, everyone has hopes for their kids. Grandkids / continuing the family line is one of mine. But should that not come to pass - and there are many reasons why it might not - then I will just have to get over it. I wouldn’t love them less for it (I hope). Ultimately it’s their life to live.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Glad someone else picked on this. I got banned for biting back on being called a bad parent purely for stating an opinion (a fairly mild one at that). I doubt the other poster even got an infraction. We also had someone else calling people morons who received no warnings because he was arguing against a conservative opinion. There's definitely more polarizing, discussion halting, condescending tone from the liberal view in this thread but it's the other side that get called intolerant.

But that's lefty caf for you.

You know you don’t have to post here right?

nickm

There are 2 kids in my three year olds creche with 2 dads.

He asked what the story was and I explained that sometimes kids have 2 dads, but he has a mam and a dad. He was fine with that, he didnt really give a shit.

He asked did they have mams too and I told him they did but sometimes kids live with their 2 dads and not with a mam and a dad like he does. Again, he was ok with that, didn't really give a feck.
If you start teaching kids the facts of life - and this is one of those facts - best start when they are young. Makes prejudice less likely, it means their questions are always treated with respect, and reduces the need to have one blockbuster sex Ed chat when they are 10 or whenever. Lots of small age appropriate conversations are the way my wife and I have tried to do it.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Glad someone else picked on this. I got banned for biting back on being called a bad parent purely for stating an opinion (a fairly mild one at that). I doubt the other poster even got an infraction. We also had someone else calling people morons who received no warnings because he was arguing against a conservative opinion. There's definitely more polarizing, discussion halting, condescending tone from the liberal view in this thread but it's the other side that get called intolerant.

But that's lefty caf for you.
Is that what really happened? You've been persistently trying hijack the debate into one about religion vs atheism (among other things) and even talked about religion as providing a "framework of objective morality". It appears to me you wanted to sound smart, but lashed out after getting schooled.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Is that what really happened? You've been persistently trying hijack the debate into one about religion vs atheism (among other things) and even talked about religion as providing a "framework of objective morality". It appears to me you wanted to sound smart, but lashed out after getting schooled.
Getting schooled would mean the poster I lashed out at addressed anything in my post. Instead they made it a personal attack, which would suggest otherwise.

Anyway don't want to go down this road. So let's leave it there.

Pagh Wraith

The point is not to have kids in the first place. They're annyoing. Better for the climate as well.

SiRed

I think this is a topic for parents to discuss with their children in what way they see best.
I dont trust the powers that be to have this topic approached without a hidden agenda. For years and years the main focus of the curriculum has been to teach people to be sheep, fall in line, know their place and question nothing. This has been well disguised behind some algebra questions and such.

I would not be surprised for these plans to encourage homosexuality, sex changes and so on with a target of decreasing pro-creation by x% by the year 2060. Nothing to do with what they claim.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I think this is a topic for parents to discuss with their children in what way they see best.
I dont trust the powers that be to have this topic approached without a hidden agenda. For years and years the main focus of the curriculum has been to teach people to be sheep, fall in line, know their place and question nothing. This has been well disguised behind some algebra questions and such.

I would not be surprised for these plans to encourage homosexuality, sex changes and so on with a target of decreasing pro-creation by x% by the year 2060. Nothing to do with what they claim.
Sorry what?

I swear every time someone says "leave it up to the parents" they then go on to profess some absolutely mental views that show it definitely should not be left up to the parents.

Steven Seagull

:lol:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Are you well? That is probably the looniest thing I've read in here for years.

Sweet Square

This forum never disappoints.

Vitro

For such a bold claim, I guess you have lots of evidence for these large scale, nationwide, malevolent plots.

Siorac

I'm not like this because I live in a multicultural society but to be honest with you if I was in one of those racist eastern European countries and I knew my child lived there I would want them to be with someone local (given there wasn't anyone they have already considered). I'm well someone is gonna quote me as a bigot or racist for this twisting my words. All I'm saying is there should be nothing wrong in having a certain desirable outcome for your child.

I don't have a child yet but I'm hoping they are interested in programming the same way I am. I hope they are good at football. I would also deep down prefer they married someone that helps them retain our culture.
Yes, you are a bigot for labelling entire countries as racist. I hope I'm not the first to call you out on this since last week.

SteveTheRed

This is a great conspiracy, I'm fully abroad your crazy train here! Overpopulated earth > Turn everyone gay = problem solved.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yes, you are a bigot for labelling entire countries as racist. I hope I'm not the first to call you out on this since last week.
Not the whole country but maybe a better phrase was eastern European countries where it's much likelier for non whites to face racism.

Now dont try and deflect my saying racism happens everywhere. Eastern Europe has a big problem with it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's now clear that the gay penguins were just a test run.

SiRed

This forum never disappoints.

Do a bit of research..... All you beliefs, opinions, even your existence is being controlled. Ever wondered why you have to go to work every day? like really wondered? Have you ever looked into the law to see who it really protects?
Literally every aspect of your life is controlled, the building blocks to assert that control are built in the education sector.

Yes, i might be wrong about this topic being some sort of population control agenda BUT if you think this is being done to just teach kids that some men are women, some boys kiss boys then you are wrong - there will be a narrative being pushed subliminally. maybe encouraging it, maybe forcing the next generations beliefs to fall within the masses. I would say racism is a more important message to get across to the kids than that of changing sex.

I expect a lot of flak for these posts as your not allowed an opinion on here - most peoples opinion on things like this are the same..... coincidence???? probably not, but you will never agree.

SiRed

This is a great conspiracy, I'm fully abroad your crazy train here! Overpopulated earth > Turn everyone gay = problem solved.
Seriously though. Would homosexuality be a problem if literally everyone on earth at this moment was GAY and we were on the verge of extinction?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Do a bit of research..... All you beliefs, opinions, even your existence is being controlled. Ever wondered why you have to go to work every day? like really wondered? Have you ever looked into the law to see who it really protects?
Literally every aspect of your life is controlled, the building blocks to assert that control are built in the education sector.

Yes, i might be wrong about this topic being some sort of population control agenda BUT if you think this is being done to just teach kids that some men are women, some boys kiss boys then you are wrong - there will be a narrative being pushed subliminally. maybe encouraging it, maybe forcing the next generations beliefs to fall within the masses. I would say racism is a more important message to get across to the kids than that of changing sex.

I expect a lot of flak for these posts as your not allowed an opinion on here - most peoples opinion on things like this are the same..... coincidence???? probably not, but you will never agree.
Sorry for posting a meme but surely it is the best answer in this case.

Carolina Red

Staff

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Seriously though. Would homosexuality be a problem if literally everyone on earth at this moment was GAY and we were on the verge of extinction?
How the hell do you start to unpack that sentence? I feel dumber for reading it. Please stop.

Siorac

Not the whole country but maybe a better phrase was eastern European countries where it's much likelier for non whites to face racism.

Now dont try and deflect my saying racism happens everywhere. Eastern Europe has a big problem with it.
When you say 'racist Eastern European countries', it heckles me. Imagine if I said 'those misogynistic Muslims'.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Oh no, I absolutely agree. It definitely isn't a coincidence that we all think your post is stupid.

SiRed

How did you escape this "training"? Did you grow up in the wilderness? Devoid of all human contact?
i wish i did.
Open your mind and look at the bigger picture - most of your life you do things that you dont want to do, behave in ways you don't really want to and keep your lips sealed when you really want to say something.
You should really look into how little you learn at school despite how good your grades might be and what the true purpose of the education system in the western world is.
It is literally all about control, and conditioning the mind to basically be the same as everyone else up and down the country.
Not hard to see when you open your mind.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
i wish i did.
Open your mind and look at the bigger picture - most of your life you do things that you dont want to do, behave in ways you don't really want to and keep your lips sealed when you really want to say something.
You should really look into how little you learn at school despite how good your grades might be and what the true purpose of the education system in the western world is.
It is literally all about control, and conditioning the mind to basically be the same as everyone else up and down the country.
Not hard to see when you open your mind.
Yeah, what you're describing is life in a civilized society. I'm not sure if you can be reasoned with so I'll leave it at that.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I would say racism is a more important message to get across to the kids than that of changing sex.
They are similar messages. Both are telling kids not to discriminate. Only the criteria are different.

If you're expecting flak, that suggests you know your posts are inflammatory.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion but you conveniently ignore that other posters are equally entitled to theirs and will debate with those whose view is different accordingly, as you do on forums.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's not really controversial to believe that we're all indoctrinated to an extent, as it must be incredibly difficult for teachers to remain constantly objective (leaving aside what and how they're obliged to teach). Besides, a certain uniformity amongst citizens is necessary for a society to function and for representatives of all moral or immoral kinds to govern; so far, so bleedin' obvious...

Where we all might differ, in our views on this matter, is how benign or otherwise these progressive moves by politicians are at heart. For example, my own slant on SiRed's opinion is this: I've little faith in even modern politicians' suddenly transforming the repressive habits of centuries and sharply becoming enlightened - I believe that their championing of such progressive changes is essentially money-driven* and is a reluctant acceptance of voters' enlightened opinions. The more controlling politicians and Parties fear obsolescence, and so are obliged to change with the coming times.

*As an example: centuries of persecution of homosexuals segues into a rush to grab the 'pink pound'.

Sweet Square

Read Marx, you idiot.