Music Liam Gallagher

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I used to love Oasis. Definitely Maybe was the raucous bluster of young adulthood and I was totally swept along by it. I still amazed by how quickly the immediacy and vibrancy was replaced by the aimless tedium of the later albums. Noel seemed to disappear up his own arse and Liam became totally disengaged by the platitudes he ended up spouting.

If we're being honest, the only exciting things they've done since 1996 are a handful of funny soundbites.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
:lol: I had the good fortune of wondering if he was coming to Toronto on the same day that he was playing here with Richard Ashcroft. I promptly bought a ticket and as I was getting ready to head down to the venue I got a message that the show had been cancelled.

My first thought was, oh Liam what have you done now, but it turns out the venue had flooded and there was no power. Disappointing.

Brophs

The One and Only
"Got a tax bill 2 pay rkid. Lets talk. As you were. LG. X"

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What kind of inbred cnut writes like that?
I know he’s a nob but I can’t help but find him hilarious. Not that that Tweet is funny mind you.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Noel has disappeared up his own arse, but you can totally see why he doesn't want to do a reunion. Especially when his wife and kids are targets.

Besides, would we really want it? I saw them in 96/97/98 at the peak of their powers, coked up and when Noel thought he could play lead. Saw them again in 06 and they were just stadium rock and boring, didn't even play Supersonic fecking properly. Now Noel just plays acoustic for 80mins whilst Liam's voiced flitters between fecked but slightly as we remember, or just fecked and backed by a bland band.

Not for me. Those were some great times in the memory, and although the concerts themselves would be mega for atmosphere alone, I could live without it.

Redlambs

Doubt it. Beady Eye were toss but his solo album and tour has been a big success. He's always wanted to reform Oasis.

@Redlambs

If Oasis reformed the tour would be massive.
I know. But I saw them at their best, I also saw them past their best. The gigs were always mega, but without the attitude it isn't the same for me. I can easily see why others would though, especially if you've never seen them.

It may never happen anyway. The way Liam and his kids are going on all the time, why would Noel even bother considering his wealth and continuing success anyway?

Classical Mechanic

I know. But I saw them at their best, I also saw them past their best. The gigs were always mega, but without the attitude it isn't the same for me. I can easily see why others would though, especially if you've never seen them.

It may never happen anyway. The way Liam and his kids are going on all the time, why would Noel even bother considering his wealth and continuing success anyway?
Seems very unlikely given all the abuse he gives Noel on Twitter, pretty much non stop abuse.

Redlambs

Seems very unlikely given all the abuse he gives Noel on Twitter, pretty much non stop abuse.
Part of me is sad if they don't. They were my era and I was a huge fan. But having seen them 12 years ago and how boring it all became, I don't think I want it. Besides as mad as it might sound, I honestly don't think Noel even thinks he could play those gigs anymore such is how he does it now and palms everything off to Gem and the band.

They would be absolutely huge gigs though.

JoaquinJoaquin

A friend of mine worked in one of the stores a few years back and he said that it only turned its first annual profit quite recently.
Shocked by that. Pretty much all of my friends that like indie music wear this brand religiously.

JmRssll555

Shocked by that. Pretty much all of my friends that like indie music wear this brand religiously.
Yeah, same here and I own quite a few of their items as well. However, I think they had the usual expenses which you’d expect when developing a new brand, which will have impacted profits, but also the expenses from some poor decision making early on.

For example, they got the target audience wrong to begin with. In Glasgow, they opened a really nice and spacious store next to Armani and Ralph Lauren, on one of the most expensive streets in the city. It always felt empty and had no atmosphere. That store is now closed and they’ve relocated to a much smaller store effectively on the high street, nearer Zara and Topman. It’s always busy and young people can afford it.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Seems telling that he's become such a musical irrelevance that talk has moved to his clothing range.

Don't know much about his fashion brand but I'm guessing it's kagools and wax jackets with pictures of lambrettas on them?

Classical Mechanic

Seems telling that he's become such a musical irrelevance that talk has moved to his clothing range.

Don't know much about his fashion brand but I'm guessing it's kagools and wax jackets with pictures of lambrettas on them?
I didn't know Pretty Green were his company before reading this thread. Nearly bought a jacket once. They make some nice stuff. But, yes, it does kind of look like Liam Gallagher wardrobe. That said, I think he dresses well.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Noel should take a long hard look at his idol Paul Weller and recognise that himself as a fraud. Weller has done great new music for 40 years now instead of sitting back and counting his money and kept in the mix about politics and social issues. Noel was always just about making money by robbing from legends and repackaging it.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'd be very surprised if Liam is hard up for cash, he's played some pretty big venues over the past year and is high up or headlining a lot of festivals. I don't know why he's appealing to Noel, he doesn't need him anymore, he's doing fine on his own.

Heardy

I'd be very surprised if Liam is hard up for cash, he's played some pretty big venues over the past year and is high up or headlining a lot of festivals. I don't know why he's appealing to Noel, he doesn't need him anymore, he's doing fine on his own.
i dont think Liam needs Noel for cash, but needs him for Oasis.

ive always gpt the impression that Liam wants them to get bscl together and perform. id love to see it, as would an insane amount of the country.

i remember reading 4% of the UK population applidd for Knebworth tickets in 1996.

If oasis toured, i imagine they tickets would be osme of the most in demand ever in the UK.

acnumber9

If you want to see Oasis go and see either of them perform. They’re touring as Oasis tribute acts anyway. No point in getting back together when they can have two tours playing the same songs.

Frank Grimes

Anyone here from Belfast remember watching these cnuts play in the Limelight in the early 90s?
I remember my brother went see them in the Tivoli Dublin, in 94 just after Definitely Maybe was released. My brother and his friends got talking to Evan Dando and he was wearing Kurt's Cobains coat, which Courtney Love had given to him.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've got a live concert of amazing quality if anyone wants it - just after the first album was released.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Cracks me up how negative people are desperate to be. Yeah, they might not be quite what they were but it'd be great to see them making new stuff and touring together again.
I'm sure people will be dying to say how it's not as good though.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Gave his new album a listen, was pleasantly surprised by his first one but not so much here. The first three tracks are great, a very middle of the road middle and the last two are good. Theres bonus tracks on the deluxe that are far better than ones picked for the album.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Only listened once but first thoughts is all the best songs were released as the singles (all of which are very good though)

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Got tickets to his show in Melbourne. I may not ever be able to see Oasis live, but at least I'll have been able to see both brothers individually.

TheReligion

Abusive
Was interesting to listen to his interview on The Jonathan Ross Show.

Wants to make peace with Noel and was adamant he wants to reform Oasis!

lsd

The Oracle
Was interesting to listen to his interview on The Jonathan Ross Show.

Wants to make peace with Noel and was adamant he wants to reform Oasis!

Iv seen reports they have been talking to each other for ages and the whole fall out thing is nonsense just a publicity stunt .

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Used to be a massive fan back in the day, thought they could do no wrong, but now? I'd rather guide my dad into my mum than go and see either of them.

Hoof the ball

Problem is that Liam's voice is irreparably damaged. It's not a 1/3 what it was. Just catch any live gig with him in the last couple of years and you'll see.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I said the same to my girlfriend. Not the voice he used to have that’s for sure.
Sad to see him just look like an old Liam Gallagher from 1994. At least his brother has progressed and not just doing the same shite. Liam from back then would be embarrassed by what he himself looks like now.