Music Liam Gallagher

Classical Mechanic

Fairly crap. Awful drumming.

He did a gig in Manchester last night at the Academy or The Ritz. Far cry from when Oasis were on top of the world. Hope he appears in Saturday evening though and with Noel.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The world doesn't need a Liam Gallagher solo album.

eggwithsideburns

Hopefully his record will be better than Noels stuff. listening to some of the clips from last nights gig his new stuff sounds quite rock and roll, noway near as good as the best Oasis songs though.

Giggsy92

He looks a lot like Noel at certain points in that video. Quite like it, drums need remixing though.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It's as middle of the road as you'd expect. Just about half decent enough for his legion of fans to consider it genius.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Sounds like a Charlatans b-side from 1997.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Liam should be singing over acoustic guitar with solid, emotive chord progressions.

Or at least some real minimalism to allow his voice to carry the song and put over the emotion.

His voice sounds really good again, but this song is poor. Just generic, by-the-numbers safe rock.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Think Wall Of Glass is an absolute tune personally. That's music.

PeteManic

I feel a wee bit sorry for Liam Gallagher. He looks really really lost. The Oasis split shook him badly despite all the bravado. He really is incredibly self-destructive (see personal life last few years) and I guess Noel was sick of looking after him or tolerating him. I think their family situation had a major impact on both of them as well.

But saying that Liam has sounded fantastic though his songs are very average. And I still think Noel is not a great front man and his songs are just mid tempo "tunes". I'm looking forward to hearing Noel's new album considering his producer forced him to write in the studio for the first time to change up the process.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Average as average gets.
Should have been content his band had a couple of all time great songs 20 years ago, but now he just looks old and ravaged i'm afraid.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Given that Liam is a gobshite who constantly shits on superior artists and thinks he's the saviour of rock n roll, it would be to easy slag his album off.

However, despite As You Were being as formulaic as an X Factor winner's debut, it is, by design, a solid collection of tunes.

Above all else, I'd argue that it's more enjoyable to listen to than Noel's efforts and wouldn't be the worst Oasis album either. Poor Noel, how embarrassing.

Against all odds, it kinda is nice to have Liam around in 2017...

Doesn't Have To Be That Way should have been track 2 rather than a bonus track, though.

Peanut Butter

He's a talentless cnut. His brother's solo stuff is even worse.

Midlife crisis music.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
He seems to become more of a bellend the older he gets, you'd think he'd have mellowed in his mid 40s but he still talks and acts like some 16 year old toerag. That spawn he's released onto the planet should be his biggest form of embarrassment though, but at least he can be excused for being young (and following daddies example)

Loved Oasis in the early days though and were the best band I'd heard since Stone roses, gave music a kick up the Jacksie it needed. Anything either of them have done since has been dogshit, one thinks he's a Beatle and the other is a terrible Ian Brown tribute act with a bad attitude.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
I've always though he was an arrogant bxgger, yet he comes across ok there though not sure about the banter about loud farts with that age group. They didn't seem to mind though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I used to think/assume Liam was a dick and Noel was alright, but in the last year or so I've flipped and prefer Liam.
Yeah I've been pretty much identical. Noel's become a bit of a grumpy self-righteous twat with all his 'real music' shite, whereas Liam for the most part seems to have developed some self-awareness in realising he's a bit of a dick but being quite funny about it.

Classical Mechanic

Yeah I've been pretty much identical. Noel's become a bit of a grumpy self-righteous twat with all his 'real music' shite, whereas Liam for the most part seems to have developed some self-awareness in realising he's a bit of a dick but being quite funny about it.
Liam's album is actually pretty good. Much better that what I have heard from Noel's latest stuff, which is a bit pretentious.

Big Andy

Bloke
I think everyone is of the opinion that Noel is now a complete bellend, while Liam, despite being also a bit of a bellend, is actually quite funny, and doesn't take himself too seriously...

Noel's stint on Super Sunday when they played United summed up the bloke for me...bitter nobhead...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Noel is smug, Liam's a moron.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Used to see them around Didsbury many years ago and thought they were both dicks. Still think the same.

arthurka

His act is wearing thin... Either I have matured with age or he has always been rather boring..

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well I still prefer Noel. Smarter, funnier and more talented.