Ligue 1 2023/24

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Jesus. Glad he's OK and hope he gets all of the support he needs.

Plastic Evra

Glad he's OK.

Otherwise in Marseille news a member of the "player's family lounge security" (the exact job title is not exactly the same everywhere I read) is in the hospital gravely injured after a shootout in the city involving ex-cons...

Plastic Evra

PSG "only" getting a 0-0 away at Clermont but still very high on the table (competitive start of season and no one steamrolling with wins).

Lens won at Strasbourg and is finally getting the engine up after a rusty start.

Tonight Monaco and Marseille play.

Last edited:

avgp_1

Nothing working for OL, cant create and then concede goals from stupid errors.

Grosso has an impossible task on hand at the moment

Plastic Evra

Lyon is struggling but they took a point against Lorient. They conceded first and gave up a 3-1 lead at HT to end 3-3 but at least Grosso did shake up the starting XI to get a response and the pitch production was slightly better.

Montpellier HSC was leading at home against minnow Clermont 4-2, but a supporter had the idea to throw a firework near Clermont's GK. Match stopped indefinitely, will probably go to Clermont 3-0 via decision of relevant authorities.

So Lyon will probably stay dead last still.

PSG about to wrap a 3-1 win away at Rennes. Hakimi with a goal and assist (he clearly is a lot more happy to play with Dembélé doubling the channel than Messi or Neymar...). Dembélé one assist (to Vitinha), Zaïre-Emery as well and Kolo Muani a goal. Ramos was disallowed one too I believe.

Will probably be a bit weak in UCL even with the right footing but at least new players are all producing. PSG should sit third behind Monaco and Nice.

ShoePolish

Just saw Lyon lost yesterday to a team called Clermont Foot. Then checked the table, they are rock bottom, with 3 points from 3 draws this season. 6 points off safety, albeit only 9 games in.

Plastic Evra

Just saw Lyon lost yesterday to a team called Clermont Foot. Then checked the table, they are rock bottom, with 3 points from 3 draws this season. 6 points off safety, albeit only 9 games in.
We covered why earlier in the topic but just a perfect storm of injuries to the squad leaders, Laurent Blanc being 100% checked out while still managing, the club finally being caught on after years of bad business (decent sales but they stripped the academy bare, bad overpriced signings) and being bought by an American group with less than solid finances & shady transfer dealings between their different clubs (Botafogo, Molenbeek and another one I forget).

Edit : To repeat what I read from a Lyon fan, former owner Aulas had no real DoF and didn't strengthen the recruitment dept. Perhaps because he hit such heights running the show that he was incapable to reckon it wasn't working anymore.

Last edited:

avgp_1

A decent game between Rennes and Strasbourg, ends 1-1
Some very interesting young players on show for Strasbourg especially, probably all lined up for 8 year long contracts at Chelsea for them to sell on.

Much better watch than the derby. Still have OL to come and make me feel better about United this weekend

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Surely the game has to be called off?

You can't have one team with an advantage because their fans assaulted and injured the opposition manager

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Am I imagining things or is a recurring thing in France?

Ludens the Red

UEFA need to start getting involved in this shit and banning these teams from Europe altogether regardless of what competition this takes place in. I dread to think what the next step is in all this shit.

Plastic Evra

PSG up 3-0 at home against Montpellier. Sadly former academy and captain M.Sakho left Montpellier in a hurry after a heated clash with the coach so no homecoming...

Nice goals from Lee Kang-in after a rush and assist from Hakimi (Mbappé with a body feint / bypass), Zaïre-Emery assisted by a heel pass from Dembélé and Vitinha assisted by Hakimi (bis). That left flank is very productive and Hakimi is reborn playing with a real wing like Dembélé. 4 and 3 assists after tonight's game.
Fans very positive, there's definitely a good team in there.

PSG with a provisional league lead and best attack though Nice and Monaco respectively will perhaps level when they play their own 11th game.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Easiest decision that ref will have had in a while... Awful defending from just a long punt over the top...

antk

Donnarumma has gone a bit under the radar due to, well, being at PSG, but I think he's genuinely one of the worst signings of the last few years in football relative to salary. They have bailed Milan out big time.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Donnarumma has gone a bit under the radar due to, well, being at PSG, but I think he's genuinely one of the worst signings of the last few years in football relative to salary. They have bailed Milan out big time.
I got so much shit on here when I said that they should’ve kept Navas who is s IMHO not worse.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
PSG are playing what I assume is an amateur team in the cup and Mbappe has just scored a diving header from an Asensio overhead backheel assist. Wild goal :lol:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
C'est le football...

Team with a budget that's more than the rest of the league combined...

Definitely the football in this era...