Ligue 1 2023/24

avgp_1

New season starts today

Nice leading by a goal already against Lille. Thuram looks in the mood

avgp_1

1-1 then. Late goal for Lille, an assist for Angel Gomes. Disappointing from Nice that second half performance, didn't offer anything going forward especially with the subs.

Thuram looked good while he was on and Ndayishimiye has been a great January signing, offers terrific protection to the defence while being comfortable on the ball. PL teams should keep an eye on him

zaafi

1-1 then. Late goal for Lille, an assist for Angel Gomes. Disappointing from Nice that second half performance, didn't offer anything going forward especially with the subs.

Thuram looked good while he was on and Ndayishimiye has been a great January signing, offers terrific protection to the defence while being comfortable on the ball. PL teams should keep an eye on him
The commentators and pundits wouldn't like that

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nice weren't particularly good during the first half either. They were a bit of threat on the counter but largely dominated by Lille who were able to keep the ball and also quickly regain possession and Cabella should have scored. It was a decent game though.

Asger

Nice weren't particularly good during the first half either. They were a bit of threat on the counter but largely dominated by Lille who were able to keep the ball and also quickly regain possession and Cabella should have scored. It was a decent game though.
This game was very boring in my opinion. I was excited to watch to see Haraldsson debut for Lille. Haven't seen many matches since I did follow Montpellier a lot in 2015-2017.

JPRouve

Scout
This game was very boring in my opinion. I was excited to watch to see Haraldsson debut for Lille. Haven't seen many matches since I did follow Montpellier a lot in 2015-2017.
It's Nice and Lille, I expected something worse. Both teams were decent on the ball and well organized, they both lack creativity but it was expected.

Asger

It's Nice and Lille, I expected something worse. Both teams were decent on the ball and well organized, they both lack creativity but it was expected.
It's so strange too see Sanson play for Nice as he was my fav player for Montpellier.. Montpellier done any decent transfers? Another midtable season for them?

JPRouve

Scout
It's so strange too see Sanson play for Nice as he was my fav player for Montpellier.. Montpellier done any decent transfers? Another midtable season for them?
I didn't follow any transfer dealings. I only know who United got. :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
How did Melvin Bard and Tiago Santos do?
Bard was forgettable. But Tiago Santos was lively and tidy, his decision making could be better but he was good.

Plastic Evra

Very quiet window.
Bought Falaye Sacko that was on loan for them last year from Guimaraes.
Akor Adams, a striker from Lillestrom.
Sold Stephy Mavididi to Leicester.

Elye Wahi is still there but possibly on the move at the right price.

So, yes, probably middle of the pack again.

Plastic Evra

PSG 11
Donnarumma - Hakimi, Pereira, Skriniar, Lucas Hernández - Vitinha, Ugarte, Zaïre-Emery - Asensio, Ramos, Kang-In.

Glad to see Kang-In there. Danilo with the armband.

Benjamin Mendy is not in Lorient squad.

0-0 so far. PSG of course dominates possession.

avgp_1

No creativity so far from PSG, though tbf they are obviously missing some attackers. Ugarte looks a decent signing

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Should have the once a decade interesting title race as PSG drew 0-0 and not like their side has endless match winners anymore.

Surely Mbappe will be integrated at some stage though if he dosen't move?

Plastic Evra

Should have the once a decade interesting title race as PSG drew 0-0 and not like their side has endless match winners anymore.

Surely Mbappe will be integrated at some stage though if he dosen't move?
There's rumors the "dialogue has reopened" between Mbappé and the direction.
The bigger question is what will happen with Verratti and Neymar and if you can find a midfield that can do all the work for the front three. Ugarte a good addition but not really a solution for creativity as I understand.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
love watching the downfall of psg. All their star players want out, manager having second thoughts about coaching there and the club is still a circus. their fan’s thoughts it was the manager and it shows once again how much they knew and how much I knew more than them at the time. Not following French league much, so I don’t know who could compete with them. Perhaps Lyon, marseille or lens.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
love watching the downfall of psg. All their star players want out, manager having second thoughts about coaching there and the club is still a circus. their fan’s thoughts it was the manager and it shows once again how much they knew and how much I knew more than them at the time. Not following French league much, so I don’t know who could compete with them. Perhaps Lyon, marseille or lens.
Without Mbappe and Neymar there is definitely a high possibility that PSG loses the league.

They pretty much got dominated in many Ligue 1 games last season, and only ended up winning because of Mbappe and Neymar brilliance.

Without those 2 big names, they really look beatable by half french teams.

Plastic Evra

Demise of PSG might be a little premature.
Fans I'm reading liked the outing, the collective pressing was on point, team play promising. New recruits had a good début. Creativity the main issue but the forward line that played is probably not the full strength one expected.
They already lost the league twice since under full QSI ownership so it could happen. Fully expect within 18 months Nasser again gets suddenly impatient with Luis Enrique.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Had the PSG match on today, can't express how happy I am we didn't go for Goncalo Ramos. Benfica absolutely robbed them of their money.

Don't think it'll be long before Hakimi wants an exit too. Man looked sour and disgusted the entire night. I know a club that could use his services :D.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
So PSG realized that they look average and suddenly Mbappe is allowed to train with them again? :lol:

Plastic Evra

So PSG realized that they look average and suddenly Mbappe is allowed to train with them again? :lol:
They probably started talking before : Rumors started at that time and Mbappé was prominently in the stands having a friendly chat with Dembélé. Knowing everyone's involved, probably all carefully crafted PR.
But that's ironic timing, for certain.

Reportedly (L'Equipe), Nasser dropped in the locker room to bring the good news to the team : I would imagine a deal was sealed already.

Rennes have to be the Hipsters Choice this season.

Stacked with fun to watch young talents Gouiri, Doku, Kalimuendo, Doue, Truffert and Theate. Caf favourite Enzo Le Fee just signed, as well as Ludovic Blas. Lovro Majer classing up the midfield and Martin Terrier about to make his long awaited comeback and cement himself as Cantona #2.

Shocked Doku's still with them tbh. Seems nailed on for a Premier League move. Probably the best 1v1 dribbler around - certainly in the conversation - and he's now added genuine work-rate and tactical intelligence over the last year.

His game today was nutty.

1 goal
35/38 passes completed (92%)
9/9 dribbles completed
5 chances created
14/17 ground duels won
16 ball recoveries

zaafi

Stacked with fun to watch talents like Gouiri, Doku, Kalimuendo, Doue and Theate. Caf favourite Enzo Le Fee just signed, as well as Ludovic Blas. Lovro Majer classing up the midfield and Martin Terrier about to make his long awaited comeback and cement himself as Cantona #2.

Shocked Doku's still with them tbh. Seems nailed on for a Premier League move. Probably the best 1v1 dribbler around - certainly in the conversation - and he's now added genuine work-rate and tactical intelligence over the last year.

1 goal
9/9 dribbles completed
5 chances created
14/17 ground duels won
16 ball recoveries
City are after Doku, and are probably going to sign him as they need a Mahrez replacement.

zaafi

Damn. Hadn't heard that.

I think we've lacked chaos creators like Doku at United for a while. Players who can pick up the ball and just go at their man, create defensive breakdowns. Garnacho's the closest.

Think he'd do very well at City unfortunately.

Some clips from his game today.
Wow, he really seems to have stepped up a level. The last time I saw him, he was very raw and seemed to have bad decision making, but he looks much more refined now (based on this 2 min clip :lol: ).

He's the kind of player that gets you excited and off your couch when he's on the move. It would be incredible to have a player like him and Garnacho on each side. Would be nice to have him in our team, but think it's a bit unrealistic.

Trex

Damn. Hadn't heard that.

I think we've lacked chaos creators like Doku at United for a while. Players who can pick up the ball and just go at their man, create defensive breakdowns. Garnacho's the closest.

Think he'd do very well at City unfortunately.

Some clips from his game today.
Reading your post I wanted to ask Garnacho? Garnacho is every much that player.

avgp_1

Stacked with fun to watch young talents Gouiri, Doku, Kalimuendo, Doue, Truffert and Theate. Caf favourite Enzo Le Fee just signed, as well as Ludovic Blas. Lovro Majer classing up the midfield and Martin Terrier about to make his long awaited comeback and cement himself as Cantona #2.

1 goal
9/9 dribbles completed
5 chances created
14/17 ground duels won
16 ball recoveries
Doku had a very good end to last season but didnt do a lot before that. In fact was hardly a starter, he seems to have carried that late form into this one.

Rennes do indeed have a very exciting team to follow

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Any chance he'll be able to resume his career ? Maybe with a Cech helmet ?

Plastic Evra

Mbappé and Dembélé on the bench for Toulouse (away).
Lee and Vitinha starting.

avgp_1

Ramos has shown good movement so far for a couple of his opportunities but PSG not creating enough

Plastic Evra

Lyon apparently had a total mare, lost 1-4 against MHSC, Lacazette red carded.
Lost their first two games (hasn't happened in 57 years, losing the first hadn't in 19), Laurent Blanc is aloof, PSG sniffing for Barcola... The John Textor era is not off to a great start.

Plastic Evra

Luis Enrique definitely gonna win PSG the CL for possession, passes and completed passes % though.

wr8_utd

:'(
Even with Mbappe playing today, PSG draw 1-1 with Hakimi conceding a late and brainless penalty. PSG just still don't look like having much of a cutting edge even with Mbappe, Ramos, and Dembele. Too much possession without purpose and Dembele doing what he does best. Some great moments and some strange decision making.