Ligue 1 | French Football 2021/22

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
People making a bit too much out of a substitution appearance from someone who has never played outside of Barcelona or Argentina their entire career.

He's not going to look like he's playing at PSG for 5 years. In the end he'll probably end up with a bag full of goals and assists once he gets going.

Pep's Suit

Would be hilarious if both Messi and Ronaldo kinda bombed. After all they're old guys now so can see both start performing only in February/March.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Some very savvy anylisis of PSG here, none of them mentioning that most starting players are playing their 1st or 2nd game of the season. We have a lot of players from Argentina, brasil and Italy, who ended up reaching the final of Copa/euro.

Don't get me wrong, Pochettino fails to show any sign of real gameplan so far but the 1st couple of games of the season aren't a fair measure.

Also, there's a lot of CL games where PSG showed they were more than a sum of individualities, I don't even get this narrative.
It’s more what people want to believe because they have a lot of stars rather than the actual truth. They looked pretty together to me in the last two CL campaigns.

It will take time for this current team to work everything out but there is so much talent there that I have no doubt that they will challenge strongly for the CL this year and next year.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
While that may be true, the larger point to be made here is that despite PSG carrying French football pretty heavily, Portugal can still occasionally out-rank France. And when you think about it: is the average Premiera Liga team worse than the average Ligue 1 team? Probably not.

That's because it's a team of rich prima donnas who take winning the league for granted. The moment a challenger appears(like last season), they panic rather than relish the challenge. They don't play to win the league. The play to not lose it.

In theory this should leave them well-rested for the CL, but I actually think it's a disadvantage. They are not as sharp as they could be when they have to perform against genuinely good teams.
This notion has been debunked. The reached the semis of the CL last year and the final the year before that. Ok, they didn’t win but there’s no evidence to suggest that they can’t play against good teams. Contrast that with City, who supposedly play in the toughest league in the world. What’s the reason they often can’t raise their game in the CL? After all, they’re tested every week according to your theory.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Some very savvy anylisis of PSG here, none of them mentioning that most starting players are playing their 1st or 2nd game of the season. We have a lot of players from Argentina, brasil and Italy, who ended up reaching the final of Copa/euro.

Don't get me wrong, Pochettino fails to show any sign of real gameplan so far but the 1st couple of games of the season aren't a fair measure.

Also, there's a lot of CL games where PSG showed they were more than a sum of individualities, I don't even get this narrative.
They don't watch you guys obviously. Ive only seen Psg yesterday since the cl but I didn't see that individualistic style someone was talking about. You played together but found it difficult to beat the opponents press.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They don't watch you guys obviously. Ive only seen Psg yesterday since the cl but I didn't see that individualistic style someone was talking about. You played together but found it difficult to beat the opponents press.
Yesterday's game was bad. And I can't say it's been great since Pochettino joined by I don't see how someone could say PSG can't play together especially
In the CL. The 1st game against Barcelona was a team masterclass against a top Spanish team who had not lost a single Liga game in 2 months.

Bayern was a more defensive performance but still, the team was tight. Even against City, Pochettino lost a tactical battle but the 1st half of the 1st game was one of the better half I've ever seen from Psg from a collective standpoint, it was truly great (and anyone who reads the comments written on this very forum back the will see that).

But I guess people are just happy to jump at the opportunity to spew there "mercenary prima donna team that can't play together" narrative.

The thing is, people here often take as an exemple the games PSG lost. Well, that's no surprise, you often look bad when you lose. City looked pretty bad as a team against Chelsea in the CL final despite their easy PL title.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Paqueta’s celebration game is second to none

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
PSG makes it easy for Lyon to play out from the back, attackers are just walking around.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Did Atkinson get a flight straight to Paris after our game?

mu4c_20le

Unbelievable. Var check took that long because funds were being transferred.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Poch will be gone by Christmas.

youmeletsfly

Got to say it, Lyon played some great football last night, good pressing, good passing, great counter attacks.
They lack a 9 who can bang in the goals but boy they're enjoyable to watch.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lens need special attention. Promoted last year, they had a good season and they have started this one very well too.
Kakuta, former Chelsea phenom is their best player