Lingard to join West Ham on loan

RashyForPM

Some of the comments on here are fecking embarrassing!!

Good luck to him. Hope he gets the game time he needs and craves and I hope he has a good remainder of a career.

I have absolutely no axe to grind with him.
I never understand why there’s always this venom with fans whenever an honest fringe player leaves. I understand with the likes of Lukaku, Sanchez and Martial who hardly looked like they cared, but why Lingard, Fellaini, Young, Valencia etc?

However much quality a player has, I just want to see him do his utmost for United. If he does, good luck and I hope he scores a hundred goals for his next club.

As is the case with Jesse. Good luck pal, I’ll actually miss him.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Some of the comments on here are fecking embarrassing!!

Good luck to him. Hope he gets the game time he needs and craves and I hope he has a good remainder of a career.

I have absolutely no axe to grind with him.
Yep, some People Are cnuts.

Always seemed liked a happy Guy, Who was well liked in the dressing room. Gave it All on the pitch too.

All the Best to him.

K Stand Knut

I never understand why there’s always this venom with fans whenever an honest fringe player leaves. I understand with the likes of Lukaku, Sanchez and Martial who hardly looked like they cared, but why Lingard, Fellaini, Young, Valencia etc?

However much quality a player has, I just want to see him do his utmost for United. If he does, good luck and I hope he scores a hundred goals for his next club.

As is the case with Jesse. Good luck pal, I’ll actually miss him.
Kind of my point.

Martial fan boys demanding he plays and telling anyone who’ll listen about how he’s a world class player, burying their heads in the sand after repeated performances similar to the one last night.

Then ‘fans’ slagging JL off. He was never good enough for United, unfortunately, and I’ve been critical of his performances but he always gave his all.

Id point a youngster in his direction all day long.

Good luck to him.

RashyForPM

Kind of my point.

Martial fan boys demanding he plays and telling anyone who’ll listen about how he’s a world class player, burying their heads in the sand after repeated performances similar to the one last night.

Then ‘fans’ slagging JL off. He was never good enough for United, unfortunately, and I’ve been critical of his performances but he always gave his all.

Good luck to him.
Exactly. He always tried and can tell his family and friends that he had one good season at United and spent 20 years here. How many people can really say that? He didn’t become world class as he never had the quality but he was liked by his teammates, managers and many fans including myself, and made a career at Manchester United and therefore made it in life.

Well done Jesse. Hope he fires West Ham to European football.

Polar

It’s a perfect opportunity for Lindgaard to fight himself back as an real alternative for United. Now it’s only upon him to prove it.

Jesse is a United product. He will alway be part of the family and be welcomed back.

Have to admit we have been to harsh against him or unfair from time to time. He has struggled a lot the last years, but it’s not impossible he hits hard back and prove that his critics were wrong about him.

Good luck. Hope you make it!

United Hobbit

Good move for him, hopefully he does well and they make it permanent, thought he could be of use to something like a Brighton

Just concerned we will then draw out keeping him if he does well for them, if he does we should sell off the back of it

Can they not throw in Jones as well?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A change of environment could be exactly what he needs to get his career back on track. Remember how Salah and KDB looked out of their depth at Chelsea at the same age, look at them now.
:lol: :lol: :D

::sonny::

He will come come and he will get another long life extension like Jones, Bailly and Rojo :smirk:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Kind of my point.

Good luck to him.
Other than those off-field distractions, agreed. Never had any problem with his work-rate when playing.

Polar

Very good deal for us (1,5m + his wage 80k) when compared with Odegaard (1,8m£ + pretty much the same wage) :eek:

Last edited:

Stadjer

Looking at the table it's strabge we'd help West Ham...

Anyway hope Lingard benefits from the loan.
Help? The way Lingard has been playing it seems more like sabotaging West Ham to me. When was Lingard his last good or even decent game? Must have been somewhere during Mourinho his first season? Even during Europa league or cupmatches against lower league teams he wasnt exactly playing well during Ole his reign.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Good luck to him.

Put in some fantastic performances and scored the winner in the cup final.

Don’t get the hate he receives. He’s lost his way a little but he’s not a bad guy and it’s not as though he’s bad mouthed the club or his teammates like that Belgian lump or Alexis.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Some predictably boring comments in this thread. Good luck to him but hopefully he doesn’t play against us. Hate playing against former players, they often manage to perform against us even if they are not good anymore.

sillwuka

That's a very good loan move for him. He's hardly played and his stock has gone down but still gets a move to a top 10 club.

Hope he shows he belongs at that level. (They have a decent midfield)

Okey

Good move for all concerned. Looks like his United career has been over for a while sadly. But he'll always be one of us. Gave his all, and gave us a couple memories that will endure. I wish him well.

MoskvaRed

Moyes is rebuilding his career at West Ham so maybe Lingard can do the same. Good luck to him anyway.

So is Jones going to try his hand at a lesser club or is he just milking the United wages?

croadyman

Moyes is rebuilding his career at West Ham so maybe Lingard can do the same. Good luck to him anyway.

So is Jones going to try his hand at a lesser club or is he just milking the United wages?
He will just milk the wages until he gets fit at least but won't be going anywhere

Raven

Hope he does well. I'll always have fond memories of him, such as the FA cup.

CM

What are West Ham's wingers/attacking mids like? They're flying high atm, he's not necessarily guaranteed a starting place there
I was thinking similar. They already have a few who play in the same positions as him so he'll need to do well if he wants to nail a place down.

All the best to him though. Hopefully he does enough to get himself a permanent move in the summer.

kundalini

It will be interesting to see how he does at West Ham. I'm a bit surprised that level of club wanted him and were willing to pay his wages plus a loan fee in the current financial environment. I don't quite understand why he didn't leave in the summer, given his limited PL mins since Fernandes arrived and the signing of van de Beek; perhaps Solskjaer's communication left open the possibility of Jesse fighting his way back into contention.

I wonder if he will take more responsibility for making things happen at West Ham, than he did for us.

His performances at the World Cup were reasonably good most of the time. Perhaps he will get back to that level.

Last edited:

Varun1

Some predictably boring comments in this thread. Good luck to him but hopefully he doesn’t play against us. Hate playing against former players, they often manage to perform against us even if they are not good anymore.
I could be wrong but I think the issue with Snodgras was that he was sold to West Brom, whereas when a player is loaned out they can't feature against the parent club except in CL/Europa. Or I may have imagined this whole thing.

hobbers

This will really help in his development I think. He'll come back ready to take that next step up.