Lingard to join West Ham on loan

Needham

if it's true that West Ham are also paying the Loan fee and his full salary it does give me hope he won't come back.

RashyForPM

Did Martial leave?

Did Young and Valencia receive this 'Venom' you speak of?
Re Martial - Players who look like they aren’t trying most of the time, which he’ll be seen as when he leaves like a Lukaku or Alexis.

Re Young and Valencia - Guarantee you. Especially Young. Smalling did as well come to think of it, and Jones is already getting it as if we’ll magically start winning trophies after getting rid of these players, completely ignoring the recruitment side.

Red_Aaron

I love Jesse and this seems like a great opportunity for him. Hopefully he can play regularly again now. The very best of luck to him

Born and bred united fan who scored the winner for us in the FA Cup final
Legend ;)

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not sure West Ham is a great move for him tbh. Hope he does well though, could be like a new signing next season.

stevoc

Re Martial - Players who look like they aren’t trying most of the time, which he’ll be seen as when he leaves like a Lukaku or Alexis.
I see, and what if someone thinks Lingard doesn't look arsed half the time, the way you think Martial and Lukaku look like they aren't trying. Would the criticism be fair then?

Re Young and Valencia - Guarantee you. Especially Young. Smalling did as well come to think of it, and Jones is already getting it as if we’ll magically start winning trophies after getting rid of these players, completely ignoring the recruitment side.
So did they get venom from the fans? Or are you making a prediction that they will?

Don't remember anyone saying boo about Young and especially Valencia after they left personally. Could be wrong though, Lukaku does get some stick but then he's been talking shit.

UpWithRivers

We can recall him at any time right? If covid hits and we are depleted we will need him.

SuperiorXI

Not good enough for us but I wish him well. There's rumours about his personal life being tough in the last few years, if true I sympathise and hope he returns back to top form, good luck Jesse!

Red & White

Best of luck, Jesse! I hope it works out for him and he can pick up his career, again. He’s a United fan and clearly gave his all for the club, just came up short in the end. He’ll look back fondly at his time at United, though, as he scored some great and important goals.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We can recall him at any time right? If covid hits and we are depleted we will need him.
That’s not how loans work. Even if we could he’d be ineligible for PL and EL games because he won’t be named in the finalised squads when the window closes.

Irrational.

Good luck JLingz and thank you Moyes. You lived the dream but sadly were too limited as a player.

My three highlights of his time here:

1. Winner vs Palace. Stopping Pardew’s celebration dance in its track was sweet.

2. Goal vs Arse and making the Emirates his dance floor.

3. Uploading the ‘bantz’ to social media as the United team bus was being attacked by West Ham fans. Some good foresight there, building a connection with the fans years before his move.

Judas

Open to offers
Some absolute wankers in this thread unsurprisingly. Wish him the best of luck, had some great moments, and really contributed at times for us. Loves the club, and I wish him nothing but the best. It's for everyones benefit that this loan move goes well.

Heardy

Good luck JLingz and thank you Moyes. You lived the dream but sadly were too limited as a player.

1. Winner vs Palace. Stopping Pardew’s celebration dance in its track was sweet.

3. Uploading the ‘bantz’ to social media as the United team bus was being attacked by West Ham fans. Some good foresight there, building a connection with the fans years before his move.
Forgot the bus incident was West Ham! Bit awkward like.

stevoc

Some absolute wankers in this thread unsurprisingly. Wish him the best of luck, had some great moments, and really contributed at times for us. Loves the club, and I wish him nothing but the best. It's for everyones benefit that this loan move goes well.
Name and shame them.

RashyForPM

I see, and what if someone thinks Lingard doesn't look arsed half the time, the way you think Martial and Lukaku look like they aren't trying. Would the criticism be fair then?

So did they get venom from the fans? Or are you making a prediction that they will?

Don't remember anyone saying boo about Young and especially Valencia after they left personally. Could be wrong though, Lukaku does get some stick but then he's been talking shit.
I see your point, but I don’t think anyone says Martial, Alexis and Lukaku give as much effort on the pitch as Lingard. Jesse’s not a great footballer but he runs and runs and runs when he plays, like the Leicester goal last season (would the former 3 have scored that with us? Nah). Three of them were and in Martial’s case, are infuriatingly laid back and lazy 90% of the time.

As for Young and Valencia, it’s not just them honestly. Forget them and Fellaini, even a real legend of sorts in Phil Neville took stick that day just because he joined Inter Miami. If he can take stick, then the likes of Young and Valencia are basically fair game to most fans. I don’t understand why good servants to the club take as much stick as they do by our fans. Just doesn’t make sense.

stevoc

I see your point, but I don’t think anyone says Martial, Alexis and Lukaku give as much effort on the pitch as Lingard. Jesse’s not a great footballer but he runs and runs and runs when he plays, like the Leicester goal last season (would the former 3 have scored that with us? Nah). Three of them were and in Martial’s case, are infuriatingly laid back and lazy 90% of the time.

As for Young and Valencia, it’s not just them honestly. Forget them and Fellaini, even a real legend of sorts in Phil Neville took stick that day just because he joined Inter Miami. If he can take stick, then the likes of Young and Valencia are basically fair game to most fans. I don’t understand why good servants to the club take as much stick as they do by our fans. Just doesn’t make sense.
Yeah Jesse isn't lazy 90% of the time i'd agree there.

As for why some players get criticized well it is what it is i suppose. People invest a lot of time and emotion into supporting a team, when you watch a team play 6-8 times a month and certain players just aren't performing for months/years on end yet still getting picked. And are a big reason the club isn't doing well as it mostly hasn't been post SAF then it's natural that some start to resent those players and get frustrated with them. Complaining about them on here can be cathartic.

Red00012

:lol:

Judas

Open to offers
Compared to some of the absolute nothings that have left our club over the last few years, Lingard's contribution is vast and should be much more appreciated. Think we've had so many players who added nothing to this side, Lingard actually leaves with somewhat of a legacy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Compared to some of the absolute nothings that have left our club over the last few years, Lingard's contribution is vast and should be much more appreciated. Think we've had so many players who added nothing to this side, Lingard actually leaves with somewhat of a legacy.
Vast, Legacy :lol:

Hughes35

Hope he does ok for them and thing he will be a decent signing. Very glad he's gone though.

Ole is doing a good job at clearing out the rubbish and building a decent squad. Hopefully the loans for Lingard and Pereira become permanent.

Just need new homes for Jones & Rojo now + let the contracts expire for Mata and Matic in the next year or two and the squad looks much better.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
TBH I´d take him over Martial some days. Just hope we get some money for him to fund our Grealish/Sancho/Haaland transfer without necesarilly losing Pogba.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
What do West Ham fans think of this signing I wonder.

He'll probably do well for them but it's not the most inspiring signing.
He´s a player with great movement, works hard and provides something else. Won´t play as a starter in most games but I believe he will be a great squad player for them. It´a loan after all. For us he´s in the shopping window and his value doesn´t go down that quickly. The player plays. It´s a win win. BTW if Lingard can get some confidence back, he could easily score goals for them. Him and Welbeck are players whose conversion rate might not be the best but they will get to many chances because of their good movement. For a club like Untied Linagrd won´t get to play as a SS but for a club like WHU he might get a chance to do so and that´s his best position, rather than shifted out wide..

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I think after Soucek, none of them should dare question the methods of the Moyes messiah.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Plenty of goals at Wembley, big performances with the occasional screamers down the years. Big part of the side the last time we ever actually won anything. Not to mention the fact that he's been struggling a lot with family problems over the last year or so. Sure, he's not been good enough for a while now, but he hasn't been part of the team for ages. I really don't get any bitterness and vitriol towards him.

The age jokes are about as funny as cholera too, btw.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I think after Soucek, none of them should dare question the methods of the Moyes messiah.
Dawson too.

In all honesty it's a cracking signing for WH. They play with high intensity and that's one of his main strengths. He's a solid upgrade on Lanzini and Yarmolenko in those attacking positions.

Dan_F

Wish him well. He needs regular game time to get back some confidence, not sure West Ham is ideal, but at least their fans aren’t in the stadium to give him shit if he doesn’t start well.

RashyForPM

Yeah Jesse isn't lazy 90% of the time i'd agree there.

As for why some players get criticized well it is what it is i suppose. People invest a lot of time and emotion into supporting a team, when you watch a team play 6-8 times a month and certain players just aren't performing for months/years on end yet still getting picked. And are a big reason the club isn't doing well as it mostly hasn't been post SAF then it's natural that some start to resent those players and get frustrated with them. Complaining about them on here can be cathartic.
Fair enough. Can agree with that.

Loon

:lol:
Ephemeral form player not even granted the same level of affection given Macheda now because he kept being picked too often in the hope that form would return.

I wish him the best.

Wonder if he’ll be in the team against the dippers? Maybe some of the cnuty commenters will deign to give him the sweat off their balls if he scores a winner against them.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Plenty of goals at Wembley, big performances with the occasional screamers down the years. Big part of the side the last time we ever actually won anything. Not to mention the fact that he's been struggling a lot with family problems over the last year or so. Sure, he's not been good enough for a while now, but he hasn't been part of the team for ages. I really don't get any bitterness and vitriol towards him.

The age jokes are about as funny as cholera too, btw.
This! He has had a difficult career due to injuries, family problems, etc.
Still he has had a decent career especially for someone who is more or less a limited footballer. In fact he has actually achieved more than a lot of the more talented players ever will: Played and won trophies for his boyhood club, played for his country and was a starter for a team which reached a WC semi final.
Never understand the hate towards a player who works hard on the pitch. That’s all you can ask for. I get much more frustrated by players who have so much more talent but either waste it or are lazy or not hard working.
There certainly were games when Lingard deserved to play them as he was good. But when a player who is long term not good enough is still getting picked then that’s on the club and / or the manager and hardly the player’s fault.

Dudu

Debut Winning goal off the bench vs Liverpool.

Go on Jesse!