Lingard to join West Ham on loan

Mike Smalling

Good move for all involved I feel. Lingard will get to play some football in what is supposed to be his best years, West Ham will get a decent footballer and we will get him off the payroll. Hopefully he will be motivated and perform, so it can become a permanent move in the summer.

All the best to JLingz. I will chose to remember his good moments (e.g. Wembley goals and moon walking at the Emirates) rather than all the off-field nonsense.

Also, props to Ole for continuing to move on the right players. Long may it continue.

stevoc

He´s a player with great movement, works hard and provides something else. Won´t play as a starter in most games but I believe he will be a great squad player for them. It´a loan after all. For us he´s in the shopping window and his value doesn´t go down that quickly. The player plays. It´s a win win. BTW if Lingard can get some confidence back, he could easily score goals for them. Him and Welbeck are players whose conversion rate might not be the best but they will get to many chances because of their good movement. For a club like Untied Linagrd won´t get to play as a SS but for a club like WHU he might get a chance to do so and that´s his best position, rather than shifted out wide..
Which is?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wish him good luck. From reading the first page of this thread, some like to pick and choose where their academy player favour applies. He’s certainly a decent PL player at his best, he was an England regular a couple of years back and hasn’t been injured.

Could fetch us a decent few in the summer hopefully.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Good luck to him. Benefits us if he can perform and bump his value up

Alfie092

Good luck to Jesse!

Think this will be a good move for him, will get regular game time and is playing for a fairly decent size club domestically. West Ham are not doing too bad either this season, they won't get relegated so there won't be too much pressure on him, as compared if he was to go to a Newcastle or West Brom.

GordonG

Best of luck to Lingard! I would personally be delighted if he can get his career going, regardless if it's at United or another club in the future.

Overall seems like a good lad that might've gotten abit carried away when he started the JLingz brand and all. Hope he can focus on his football and family now.

Last edited:

Zlatattack

He'll have a decent career there hopefully. He was quite good at his best, unfortunately that wasn't very often.

Maybe he can get some consistency. He's a hard worker and has the talent. Maybe a fresh start is what he needs.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pleased for him, West Ham are doing great right now and it's the sort of place he can just play without too much pressure.

He's still physically good and fit, so with a bit of confidence he might get back to a point where he can be effective for us again.

I think under a different set of coaches it might make him remember how to play properly.

red4ever 79

Pleased for him, West Ham are doing great right now and it's the sort of place he can just play without too much pressure.

He's still physically good and fit, so with a bit of confidence he might get back to a point where he can be effective for us again.

I think under a different set of coaches it might make him remember how to play properly.
Never in a million years will Lingard make a meaningful contribution for United again and rightly so. We are getting rid of mediocre, mentally week players and replacing them with better which is what we need to do if we want to be competitive again.

RedDevilzFox

He will end up back at United in summer. He is rubbish and I doubt even West Ham have any use for him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Good player for us and not a particularly one would forget apparently as seen by the way people talked about him.

Thanks for the FA cup & europa!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The thing is, Moyes has built a no frill side that is well organised and hard working. There are no stars and they all know their roles. Jesse will fit in really well there as long as he keeps working and running around the way he does. It'll be valued there as the expectation will not be on him to score worldies

red4ever 79

The thing is, Moyes has built a no frill side that is well organised and hard working. There are no stars and they all know their roles. Jesse will fit in really well there as long as he keeps working and running around the way he does. It'll be valued there as the expectation will not be on him to score worldies
In a nutshell Jessie Lingard.

dinostar77

Its only a loan with no obligation to buy. Knowing Woodward, he'll be back in the summer

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never in a million years will Lingard make a meaningful contribution for United again and rightly so. We are getting rid of mediocre, mentally week players and replacing them with better which is what we need to do if we want to be competitive again.
Think that's impossible to say really, will depend on how he does there.

Ole will definitely give him another chance if he performs at West Ham.

Crustanoid

Can we throw in Jones too?

Seriously though, hope he does well. Might be a late challenger for YPOTY this season.

Inigo Montoya

What about weekend players?:smirk:

red4ever 79

Precisely!:lol:
He's hardly worse than say Jared Bowen!
West Ham are 4th I think? Or maybe they dropped down a couple of places. Moyes has got them punching above their weight and well drilled. I dont see Lingard starting many games there to be honest. Do we have any resident West Ham fans lurking on here? Probably not cant be many of them around.

OleGunnar20

Good luck to him. Was never good enough for us really but you can't accuse the guy of not doing his best, and it certainly isn't his fault we were so reliant on his non existent output for so long.

I'm surprised he's got a club as high as West Ham really but hope he does well there. He does feel like a bit of a Moyes player so there's that.

red4ever 79

Think that's impossible to say really, will depend on how he does there.

Ole will definitely give him another chance if he performs at West Ham.
No way. Ole is very clever with our he ousts players who he doesn't want. The fact that he hasnt played a league game this season, doesnt make the squad for the league games, was then dropped from the squad listings and now loaned out tells you exactly what Ole thinks of him.

BestRed

Best of luck to Jesse, hope he can find some good form for the rest of the season, starting with a hatrick against the scouse on Sunday.:keano:

Gavinb33

Players that have done less than Jesse are remembered more fondly which is weird, considering he was homegrown, a fan of the club and always gave 100%

Maybe he wasnt good enough overall for us but some of the comments here in the past and on social media were so far over the line on what you would describe as fair criticism.

I will always remember the cup final goals and slaying Arsenal at their ground a couple of times and wish him all the best in the future with a good end to the season could see West Ham push into EL places.

Inigo Montoya

Players that have done less than Jesse are remembered more fondly which is weird, considering he was homegrown, a fan of the club and always gave 100%

Maybe he wasnt good enough overall for us but some of the comments here in the past and on social media were so far over the line on what you would describe as fair criticism.

I will always remember the cup final goals and slaying Arsenal at their ground a couple of times and wish him all the best in the future with a good end to the season could see West Ham push into EL places.
Agreed, there is an almost hysterical reaction to him based on his image and criticism thereof rather than his ability. I can understand resentment but FFS it was the club that gave him the increased contract, they didn't have to. Ozil gets less flak for screwing Arsenal for 350k a week

Zen86

Wish him all the best and hope he can reignite his career, there’s no need for the unnecessary disrespect. He was a United player who came through the ranks and gave us his all for the most part. Arguably he lost focus and wasn’t quite United level but he certainly had his moments.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Best of luck to him.

But delighted he's gone, bar a few good months a few years ago, he's never been good enough for us.

He's been a beacon of how far standards dropped at Utd since Fergie retired, while very publicly dining out on the attention he's got from being associated with the club.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Ironically the beginning of the end for most United fans with Lingard was that bus video on the way to Upton Park. I have no grudges with him but that was really poor.

Good luck to him at West Ham. Hope he finds some form there.

Inigo Montoya

Ironically the beginning of the end for most United fans with Lingard was that bus video on the way to Upton Park. I have no grudges with him but that was really poor.

Good luck to him at West Ham. Hope he finds some Peace there.
Fixed