Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

I’m sure the City legal team were all over him before this even kicked off.
Ya definitely, there was even an article from a few days ago saying that City were already looking into the finances surrounding a potential move for Messi.

roonaldo78

Or is he doing all this because he wants the president to resign? Afterwards he would just be staying ...
This is my take, he wants the president to resign. Everything I have read indicates that his young family is well settled in Barcelona and cannot see him moving his family elsewhere at this time.

VictoriaRed

Sign him up by giving him United shares. I mean heck, Woody's nailed that said of the biz. Messi can be owner and player! Feck me! :)

monosierra

I'm sure Messi's first choice would be to go to City and he will end up there if he leaves but surprisingly, the Glazers have already pulled off a coup of this magnitude this year (Tom Brady).
You're right about Brady! I almost forgot the Glazers owned Tampa.

Sweet Square

Don’t think city can afford his wages. Well not officially anyway.
Doesn't matter now that they were let off with a tiny fine.

I just think City is sadly the best suited club for him -

.Top League
.Still a challenge with City coming a distant 2nd last season and still are yet to win the CL
.Has worked and been successful with Pep and city is full of former Barca people.
.City are loaded.
.He would become their main man(Unlike at PSG)

United are just too risky a project imo for a 33 year old Messi.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I’m genuinely surprised you’re not more excited. Is it that crazy to think that united would sign him? In my mind you’re the next most likely destination after City, ahead of Paris.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Doesn't matter now that they were let off with a tiny fine.

I just think City is sadly the best suited club for him -

.Top League
.Still a challenge with City coming a distant 2nd last season and still are yet to win the CL
.Has worked and been successful with Pep and city is full of former Barca people.
.City are loaded.
.He would become their main man(Unlike at PSG)

United are just too risky a project imo for a 33 year old Messi.
Him and Pep fell out towards the end of Pep's reign at Barca.

Also, will Pep want a forward that doesn't press?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Muppet hat on.

Welcome Leo to Man Utd!

Adidas sponsored: Check
One of the handful of clubs who can pay his wages: Check
CL football: Check
Chance to play with Mason: Check (He's going to mentor Mason like Ronaldinho mentored him)
Konami links: Check

There have been quite a lot of indications that this was coming.
There had been zero leaks around our incoming transfers for the past few days. Our social media admin has been taking the piss by showing us goals of RVP and all. This has to end with us signing a huge player!

Also, if you look back, this deal was always coming. Woodward said that we can do things other teams can only dream of. That was when we had started negotiations with Messi and his dad. Knowing the speed at which we do our business, that negotiation is coming to an end now and is going to end up with Messi becoming our latest signing:drool:

Stookie

Nurse bell end
United should do everything to get him. Yes I know he’s at the tail end of his career but it would lift the profile of the club hugely plus it would attract other players. At a time when United are in the spotlight for the wrong reasons this would be a welcome lift.

SinNombre

He is not leaving, yet.

I read this as an ultimatum, him or Barto.

If the board keeps him, his buddies like Suarez are also retained.

I think more will be clear end of the week.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What's his likeliest destination? City?
Been reported for weeks that Inter's Chinese owners fancy him and were seeking investment to fund it. He also has some deals with Chinese companies like Weibo.

AshRK

I’m genuinely surprised you’re not more excited. Is it that crazy to think that united would sign him? In my mind you’re the next most likely destination after City, ahead of Paris.
Inter will be up there. Conte staying, so inter board would have promised some big buys.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We can't get Sancho and someone thinks we can get Messi ?! :lol:

RoyH1

Absolutely would happen, doubling his wage while officially quartering it :lol:
A couple of bank accounts in Dubai under a phony company registered in the Cayman's in name of his wife and voila!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If he goes, it has to be PSG to link up with his mate?

Neymar-Messi-Mbappe

ADM Back into midfield with Veratti and Marquinhos.

I can definitely see them going for it and reaping the rewards of a boost in profile. Not to mention the fact that he can sit out minor league games whenever he feels the need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.