Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You really think that we would even consider signing him? Only two clubs come on my mind. City if he wants really new challenge and PSG if he wants to enjoy in football without pressure. Easy trophies, easy league to build up his stats and life in Paris.
PSG isn't the place for no pressure, the owners and fans put constant pressure on everyone. And I have no idea about what United would or wouldn't do when it comes to someone like Messi but to be honest I hope that he goes to the Old Boys, if I'm not mistaken he said that he wanted to finish his career in Argentina and play for his boyhood club, if he does it while being a top player I will have as much respect for him as it is possible.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Holy shit. Wonder where he'll go... one can dream but not a chance, we're too far off big titles IMO.

Rolaholic

I really don't want to be pulled into this but feck me it's Lionel fecking Messi :lol: :lol:

CG1010

PSG isn't the place for no pressure, the owners and fans put constant pressure on everyone. And I have no idea about what United would or wouldn't do when it comes to someone like Messi but to be honest I hope that he goes to the Old Boys, if I'm not mistaken he said that he wanted to finish his career in Argentina and play for his boyhood club, if he does it while being a top player I will have as much respect for him as it is possible.
Doubt he would want to go into retirement mode as yet, which would be if he goes to Argentine league. Surely it would be one of PSG, City, Bayern or us. Can't see him going to Inter.

slored1

If we sign Messi I would forgive Ed for everything he has ever done wrong.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am curious. How United fans stand about this? Our fan base is obssessed with long term options and think that players over 30 are finished. Plus he would cost a fortune. But on other hand, this is best player of all time so...
Mods, just for fun, maybe poll?

TheHeya

I don’t believe this until I see Pique tweet out a pic of himself and Messi with the caption ‘Se Queda’

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Time to rename the stadium Chevrolet Arena and turn the badge into the DHL logo to fund the transfer

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not holding my breath. And if he actually leaves it will be for PSG or City so wouldn't be a good thing anyway.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Now we know why Ed hasn't stumped up for Sancho yet!

Rolaholic

#FCBarcelona is going to take to court #Messi , they will remain firm in the clause of 700 million.
Yea this is setting up to be one bitter and ugly exit...

Quite the contrast to Real acquiescing to Selling Ronaldo without too much fuss

M'es que en club indeed...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think Bartomeu will be ousted before Messi leaves.

Sweet Square

If he's left Barca because they are now in a rebuilding stage, there's no chance he will be coming to us.

He will go to the bald bloke who plays with the cheats codes next door.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Take him on a free, take his wages and buy Sancho.

CB I don't care about, muppet season please.

Woodzy

Trying to decide whether I camp here or the thread in the transfer forum. Should they be merged?

CG1010

Atleast the muppets have got another thread to camp in after Sancho thread has been dying away.

Castia

He’s going nowhere. Its starting to feel like he wants out every 18 months at this point.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
As long as he doesn't choose PSG.. but seriously, who the hell can pay him?

macheda14

Well the one thing is how much are his wages currently? How much will they be? Isn't he on something crazy like 500 or 600 k?

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I may be wrong but I don't think Guardiola wants him.

It's either Inter or PSG, more likely Inter because of Zanetti

Status
Not open for further replies.