Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just think of the crowd numbers City will generate (when Covid restrictions are lifted) if they sign Messi.
They may finally reach half capacity.

marktan

RW sorted :drool:

Man can't run but the rest of the team can, and AWB can defend for two. It all works out.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
People need to get the idea out of their heads that player’s wives and families are entirely focused on cock-teasing the Caf on their social media accounts.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Actually, when you think about it, it's a pretty obvious power play, no?

Barca board will resign and this will die out.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture

When you corner a tiger he does not give up, he fights!
I'm not surprised that some players would resent his decision, especially those that came relatively recently. I imagine its how some Argentina players would've felt had Messi not reversed his decision to retire from International football following his penalty miss.

United58

Can we please get Messi to Inter? If he successfully plays a one-two with Lukaku, I'll gladly call him the greatest of all time

FlapR

Muppet mode activated.

In all seriousness though, can only see it being City or PSG unless he heads back to South America.

CodeRed

He ain't going anywhere. He's Barca through and through. Within a week the board will be saying 'we are going to heavily invest in the club, bring in new top players and really go and become number 1 again'. 'We'll give you a pay rise and this and that', then he will sign a new contract.

Then the Muppety can end.

Luke1995

I would be shocked if Messi moves to another european club. He always said that if he left Barcelona he would go back to Argentina.

E-mal

My girlfriend has been giving me attitude problems all summer and am really thinking about moving on . Imagine signing Messi, the perfect antidote to bridge the transition period.

I want Sancho in addition though, we can then effectively ditch James, Lingard, Pereira and Mata.

Chief123

If Barca do manage to get a decent size fee for him, I’d imagine Barca would most definitely be wanting Sancho.

Rolaholic

He should go to Serie A.
Being reported that Inter's very rich Chinese owners are going to try to move heaven and earth to make it happen

Glazers should take note...

They already made the unthinkable happen with Tom Brady :lol:

LARulz

So much for it being a power/political play if his teammates, present and former, and elected representatives are wishing their goodbyes...
It can still easily be a power play. I am 99% convinced it is - no way a President survives the GOAT leaving cos he's pissed off with him. The fans and the rest of the board know that without him and so on they are fecked

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Whats Rio on about ?!
Sounds to me that he thinks Chelsea manager Frank Lampard would like to sign Lionel Mess from Barcelona.

Rolaholic

It can still easily be a power play. I am 99% convinced it is - no way a President survives the GOAT leaving cos he's pissed off with him. The fans and the rest of the board know that without him and so on they are fecked
Only way he leaves if if he steps down himself and he's apparently doubling down on not doing that by invoking a threat to take him to court...

Barcelona elections are only in March and the board can't force him out, only elections can do that unless he's in serious legal trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.