Nationality: Argentina

Height: 175cm
Squad Number: #6
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Left
Player Agent: Scorefutbol
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2027
Contract Option: Option for a further year​

Honestly at one point last season he was the best defender in the world. Ridiculously consistent until the injury. So glad he’s back. What a player.

Alan Partridge

Our most important player in my opinion. So good to see him back looking strong as ever.

Hughes35

Great to see him back and so early in pre season.

Should be well rested and I'm sure he will hit the new season running.

Him and Varane are crucial for us. Arguably two world class players.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
More of what you gave last season please.

crossy1686

career ending
If he can build on last season he’s going to comfortably be the best CB in the world. Worried about whatever partnership he’s going to be laboured with though, could have done with landing Timber or Kim.

Nero

Quickest recovery ever from a ruptured ACL. Actually, that was probaby Varane when he did his ACL against Chelsea and returned for the World Cup a few weeks later.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
To me, our best, most important and most consistent player. Wouldn't swap him for any CB.

Expecting a huge season from him.

Oranges038

Back on the pitch after a career ending injury. What a warrior :drool:
:lol: He's an absolute hero.

Quality player, he's going to step it up even more next season. Looking forward to watching him back playing.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Absolutely delighted he's back. Probably my favourite player alongside Casemiro.

Stadjer

If you pay attention to matchday threads then your brain cells are declining at a steady clip, you have a serious problem that you need to address
Im a doctor so i have a high iq (im not actually but thats another classic RedCafe post just like the career ending one)

On a more serious note, i got so many working brain cells that i can even remember posts like that. Although i actually learned about the career ending injury after the game in the many very dramatic pre match threads. The poster who claimed it was career ending even earned the right to have ‘career ending’ in his tag.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Im a doctor so i have a high iq (im not actually but thats another classic RedCafe post just like the career ending one)

On a more serious note, i got so many working brain cells that i can even remember posts like that. Although i actually learned about the career ending injury after the game in the many very dramatic pre match threads. The poster who claimed it was career ending even earned the right to have ‘career ending’ in his tag.
I'm no doctor though I do work in the medical research publishing industry, but common sense tells you if spend any significant time in the matchdays thread then your brain cells will give up the will to digest sensible information :lol:

tomaldinho1

I'm no doctor though I do work in the medical research publishing industry, but common sense tells you if spend any significant time in the matchdays thread then your brain cells will give up the will to digest sensible information
Alternatively, you transcend human thought if you spend enough time in the matchday threads, such raw streams of consciousness all at your fingertips is about as close to a real life Matrix as there is, surely?

peridigm

Quickest recovery ever from a ruptured ACL. Actually, that was probaby Varane when he did his ACL against Chelsea and returned for the World Cup a few weeks later.
I could be reading your post out of context but when did Martinez rupture his ACL? His end of season injury was a foot injury.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He didn't have a ruptured ACL.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Alternatively, you transcend human thought if you spend enough time in the matchday threads, such raw streams of consciousness all at your fingertips is about as close to a real life Matrix as there is, surely?
I prefer to actually concentrate on watching the match and TBH I thought The Matrix was an overrated pile of whatever anyway :)

Nero

I could be reading your post out of context but when did Martinez rupture his ACL? His end of season injury was a foot injury.
In the Europa League tie, it was a career-ender too. Surprised he has come back at all.
He didn't have a ruptured ACL.
He did, it was diagnosed within two minutes of happening. All confirmed in the match day thread.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He did, it was diagnosed within two minutes of happening. All confirmed in the match day thread.
No he didn't. It later came out the injury was not what was feared. All in his performances thread.

It was a metertasal injury, to save you the effort.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
No he didn't. It later came out the injury was not what was feared. All in his performances thread.

It was a metertasal injury, to save you the effort.
He's being sarcastic about the Matchday thread

tomaldinho1

I prefer to actually concentrate on watching the match and TBH I thought The Matrix was an overrated pile of whatever anyway :)
I never watch the match, only the matchday thread and have it dual screen if it's a big game.

crossy1686

career ending

:lol: I regret nothing! And I still maintain that an achilles rupture is career ending at the very top, hardly anyone ever comes back from it. And to be clear, I never diagnosed his injury, I merely commented on what the commentators and people in here were saying it might be. ;)

criticalanalysis

Martinez on Hannibal :drool: :lol:

That was a classic bizarre redcaf moment. Poster was almost willing it to be true with the many comments.

lex talionis

Pure beast. We quickly forgot his he struggled at first, but once he found his gear he was the PL’s best defender. His anticipation, timing, commitment and ball playing were second to none. A tragedy he had to miss the FA Cup final as at least I believe Gundogan would not have been given all those acres of space on both goals.

criticalanalysis

Pure beast. We quickly forgot his he struggled at first, but once he found his gear he was the PL’s best defender. His anticipation, timing, commitment and ball playing were second to none. A tragedy he had to miss the FA Cup final as at least I believe Gundogan would not have been given all those acres of space on both goals.
People always say this but in the Brighton and Brentford game, he actually did well on an individual level. Apart from the 3rd goal where he slipped from the corner, he wasn't directly or indirectly at fault for the goals and I don't mean that in a pathetic 'did well, didn't make any major mistake' ala Lindelof way.

The criticism about his height etc just like the first two games was largely unfounded. Even Tony found it difficult to win or influence the aerial balls against him. It was just two shit games from the whole team and he got collateral damage on top of being a new player. It was clear to anyone who actually watched the games without a bias that he wasn't a problem at all.