Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Martinez has all the qualities to be a future United and Argentina captain.. Really impressive player with a very wide variety of defensive and footballing qualities.. But his mentality sets him apart I think.. He will be a fan favourite in no time.. Im very very positive about that...

Gutted to see him leave, but if he leaves than this is the ideal scenario.. United for a fair price for all parties..
Bassey could be a really good replacement if the reports are true. He’s not near as good at passing, he’s probably more Timber-like in that he’s very fast, powerful, and loves to run forward with the ball.

Stacks

Martinez has all the qualities to be a future United and Argentina captain.. Really impressive player with a very wide variety of defensive and footballing qualities.. But his mentality sets him apart I think.. He will be a fan favourite in no time.. Im very very positive about that...

Gutted to see him leave, but if he leaves than this is the ideal scenario.. United for a fair price for all parties..
Will he be better than Blind?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So you’ve had the hot poker from kurt Russell and you’re feeling much better?
glad to hear it, now can we all feel excited about ETH, regardless of players?
I'm quite excited about ETH but I think players are quite important to a football team! And, Kurt is far too old for me!

Crickus

Quite excited by this signing. A hard working player who knows how ETH wants us to play. Its about time we actually signed a good Argentina player that wants to play for us . Unlike the last rat

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I know we're all focused on incomings but it would be good to see some movement on the likes of Bailly, Jones and Tuanzebe leaving once this is finalised. Tidy up the squad a bit.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Puyol and Mascherano. Beckenbauer, Koeman, De Boer, Baresi; Ramos is only 184cm or so; he’s still one of the best in the air in the last couple of decades.Thiago Silva is only 5 11
One that many people don't know, one of the best french defenders ever Jean-Pierre Adams. In fact one of the best pairing of french football wasn't particularly tall, Jean-Pierre Adams was 178cm and Marius Trésor is 182cm tall.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Quite excited by this signing. A hard working player who knows how ETH wants us to play. Its about time we actually signed a good Argentina player that wants to play for us . Unlike the last rat
Unfortunately the 'last rat' was not played in his proper position by LVG and then he turned into an even larger rat!

Stacks

Can we please stop with thr height issue. Defenders don't have to defend high balls for 90 minutes. Also, how many teams play with 2 tall strikers? If there is one in a team we play that could cause an issue then our other CB will be marking that player. His 1 on 1 defending is better than all of our centre backs , his positional awareness is better than most, his passing is incredible and he knows the system coming into the team. He wouldn't be signed if he wasn't an upgrade on some of our current players or if ETH thought he wouldn't be able to play in this league. He also allows us the option of playing a back 3 which would allow him to push into midfield slightly as he has played there (i know ETH didn't prefer him there) and join FDJ in building play with our wing backs actually providing effective width. Hes a great signing and a lot of you will be surprised by how well he converts to the EPL.
No they don't but we have been weak from set pieces in many recent seasons (I think one we were as bad as Leeds). A clever striker will navigate to the smallest defender (usually a FB).

As for the other attributes, we will judge when he plays in the premier league.

Eth has no idea what the league is really like and has gone for familiarity which most of our managers tend to do. Everyone has bright ideas and optimism but a baptism of fire awaits methinks.

lysglimt

Scout
I am far more excited by this than Frankie de Jong. Lisandro is amazing.

What I worry about, however is - we have no reliable striker. Especially if Ronaldo leaves (which seems likely). But even if he stays, we need a backup, he can't play all matches, and Martial is utter shit. We've watched Martial for enough years to know that he is hopelessly unreliable lazy bum.
Ronaldo is making a fortune - so if he leaves that will free up so much money, it should be easy to persuade the owners to release more money to sign a new striker. Lets assume we get £15 million if we sell Ronaldo - in addition it's likely that the new strikers salary will be at least £200.000 less than Ronaldo - so offloading Ronaldo should easily free £25-30 million the first year alone

Status
Not open for further replies.