Lisandro Martinez | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Having too many players not playing in a position is a sure recipe for discontent. Not that we need any more of that?
Huh?

Who said not playing in position? It’s just basic tactics.

Lentwood

I'm not sure I quite understand the thinking on this one. I haven't seen much of Martinez but apparently he can play full-back or defensive midfield?

I really can't believe we're signing someone who is 5ft 9" to play CB in the Premier League. I know the game is evolving and there are better, more modern methods of negating the threat of your archetypal "target man"....but still, I'll go out on a limb here and say you can't be 5ft 9" and play as a CB in a back four in the Premier League

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I'm not sure I quite understand the thinking on this one. I haven't seen much of Martinez but apparently he can play full-back or defensive midfield?

I really can't believe we're signing someone who is 5ft 9" to play CB in the Premier League. I know the game is evolving and there are better, more modern methods of negating the threat of your archetypal "target man"....but still, I'll go out on a limb here and say you can't be 5ft 9" and play as a CB in a back four in the Premier League
Well get used to it; because you are signing him as a CB. Times change. He will play LCB and a very big chance this will be in a back four.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think the importance of height is massively overplayed but leaving that argument aside, does having a lower centre of gravity as a CB provide any advantages?

diarm

I think the importance of height is massively overplayed but leaving that argument aside, does having a lower centre of gravity as a CB provide any advantages?
It will provide a more stable base while carrying Maguire and his massive head.

Skills

Snitch
Should be able to master/improve Kane's piledriver trick

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
There are loads of advantages to having a low centre of gravity as a CB, particularly not been spun on the turn or rolled on touch-contact.

Ekeke

More likely to match the twists and turns of a smaller trickier forward who relies more on skill than strength

Hoof the ball

I have said before. He is not the tallest CB. But you don't bully with a guy call "A buther"

Both Nunez and Haaland got buthered by Martinez.

Don't bully with this guys. And both Haaland and Nunez knows it. Both of the can smell it.

You never know.

United CB duo can be this:

McTom "The Terminator"= beast both physical and mentaliy - Martinez "The butcher"

McTom has play CB for Scottland. McTom is really quick in the first metres and hard to beat one against one.
You never know. Under Ten Hag drilling and practising ball and passing skill. Over and over again. Repetition to max theirs ball and pass skill. I see the potential there. Never say never.

Bissaka - McTom "The Terminator"= beast both physical and mentaliy - Martinez "The butcher" - Malacia

It will hard and difficult to pass and break the Terminator and the Butcher. And no joking.

Timber or another world class CB to partner Martinez. Until that. I easily will pick McTom over Varane, Lindelof and Maguire.

McTom is just natural physical beast. Same as his mentality. Ball and passing will get drill and train by Ten Hag. Over and over again. Everyone.

Who was that dude who did an audio read-through of one of Lucky Scout's previous posts and posted it on the Caf? That was hilarious. I would love to hear this in audio format, not gonna lie.

Kaos

If we sign him is it safe to say that any possible Timber transfer to us is dead, both for this window and following ones?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If we sign him is it safe to say that any possible Timber transfer to us is dead, both for this window and following ones?
Not the following ones, we'll always have tabs on players like Timber. Dead this window though for sure.

Teja

I think it makes it easier to tackle but don't quote me on that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That rules out
Haaland
Nunez
Kane
And the rest!
But that doesn't rules out Mbappe though, does it?

Which mean we could now prepare a 300m bid for Mbappe next summer with 1m per week salary and 100m signing on fee, and the rights to sack anyone he wants, which means he could sack Glazers too!

Chief123

I have said before. He is not the tallest CB. But you don't bully with a guy call "A buther"

Don't bully with this guys. And both Haaland and Nunez knows it. Both of the can smell it.

You never know.

McTom "The Terminator"= beast both physical and mentaliy - Martinez "The butcher"

McTom has play CB for Scottland. McTom is really quick in the first metres and hard to beat one against one.
You never know. Under Ten Hag drilling and practising ball and passing skill. Over and over again. Repetition to max theirs ball and pass skill. I see the potential there. Never say never.

Bissaka - McTom "The Terminator"= beast both physical and mentaliy - Martinez "The butcher" - Malacia

It will hard and difficult to pass and break the Terminator and the Butcher. And no joking.

Timber or another world class CB to partner Martinez. Until that. I easily will pick McTom over Varane, Lindelof and Maguire.

McTom is just natural physical beast. Same as his mentality. Ball and passing will get drill and train by Ten Hag. Over and over again. Everyone.
My goodness me. What a car crash post!

Chairman Steve

You never know.

Nice try Scott :lol: Get back to pre-season training and conditioning already

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

You never know.

This isn't FIFA, Scott is useless on the pitch.

All he does is foul and give mean looks to make himself look tough and you'll see him running into defenders just to ensure he's not a passing option.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Who was that dude who did an audio read-through of one of Lucky Scout's previous posts and posted it on the Caf? That was hilarious. I would love to hear this in audio format, not gonna lie.
Just copy and paste it into one of the many text to audio converting sites on the internet and enjoy.

Red Rash

I think this could be a smart signing if we pull it off. Although I don't know a lot about him, since he was Ajax player of the year and ETH knows him well it seems like a natural fit.

Also he is able to cover multiple positions where we have weaknesses. Maguire was really poor last season and Varane has a pretty bad injury record so I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities at CB.

Also Shaw missed a lot of the season and it seems like Telles will go albeit with Malacia coming in.

We also have a glaring hole at DM which he can fill too. I think also with the new five sub rule it makes sense to bring in quality players who also have versatility to cover a number of positions.

Bobski

It is going to be funny when signing and playing him makes McTominay a key part of the team to provide some aerial screening in front of the defense.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Lentwood

You’re not really going out on a limb when at least 20% of posts in this thread recycle this exact point
It is in the sense that what I expected was about a hundred notifications when I logged back in from posters calling me an idiot and saying 'errrr what about Carlos Kickaballos who won the Brazilian 2nd Division Cup in 1982!"

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

It seems like we're going all in on a possession style, similar in midfield with no link to a more defensive minded player. I hope Ten Hag knows what he's doing, there is a reason teams like Liverpool still buy towers like Konate.

Status
Not open for further replies.