Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Gerrard will roll back ten years to score a hat trick past us as he usually does to cement his place for another couple of months.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Let's be serious, writing off Liverpool on the basis of a bad week is just plain stupid.

It simply raises questions, that's all at this point.

I fully expect them to smash Everton who never bother to show up.
I think you can't write them off since they have someone like Sturridge to come back and he will surely give them a better cutting edge. But their start has been dreadful, especially when you consider that they were second best in their win against Southampton as well.

I said earlier that their season is going to hinge on Lovern, Lallana and Lambert coming good... don't see that changing.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Let's be serious, writing off Liverpool on the basis of a bad week is just plain stupid.

It's not stupid. They don't have the quality to mount a title challenge without Suarez. One injury to Sturridge and they look absolutely toothless in attack.

Glanville95

Remember when Barney and Co were convinced that Sakho is going to turn into a World Class defender?
Lol.

Balotelli for Suarez is a such an opposite replacement. Suarez offered excellent work ethic, Balotelli is just a lazy twat.
Balotelli is working harder in all fairness, I think it's more to do with Liverpool not having anywhere near the same dynamism and movement in attack that Suarez provided. Balotelli is just static and playing between the centre backs, rather then drifting and stretching the opposition.

Kaos

Gerrard will roll back ten years to score a hat trick past us as he usually does to cement his place for another couple of months.
The derby next week will be am interesting one, you're probably playing them at the best time. Granted form means little in these games, but I can easily see your attackers having a field day with their defense.

Now that I've said that Gerrard probably will score a hatrick, two of them probably being penalties.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

It's not based on this week, they have bought poorly, and imo Everton are a better team - can easily see Everton finishing above them this season

KM

Balotelli is working harder in all fairness, I think it's more to do with Liverpool not having anywhere near the same dynamism and movement in attack that Suarez provided. Balotelli is just static and playing between the centre backs, rather then drifting and stretching the opposition.
Suarez was an absolute beast though and constantly chased down lost causes. Balotelli isn't no way near that plus the fact is that he's nowhere near quality of Sturridge. The loss of Sanchez to Arsenal was a big blow to them. He had the world class talent to replace him and instead they've taken a big gamble at Balotelli.

Rafateria

I've not seen all of his games this season of course but I thought he was mediocre against Villa and for England as well. Villa marked Gerrard out of the game and Henderson was tasked with taking up the mantle and he struggled, for me. Lots of huff and puff but not much quality.
Against Villa Henderson was made MoM across 8 Liverpool forums (this is a weekly thing that some lad does, compiling the results from all of those fan sites).

KM

Oh man this is so fun. I wish I could bump back @redman5's posts in the pre-season where he predicted/envisaged a 92-93 season in which Suarez was supposed to be their Cantona.

Rafateria

Just a comment on Balotelli as it seems he's not being given his dues here. He has been very good in almost every game he's played as far as chasing down defenders and defending from the front is concerned. I need to find stats on kms run but I'd be surprised if he weren't in the Top 5 in our team. The biggest issue is that we are not stretching teams or attacking at pace, this would give him the room he needs because at the moment he's doubled up on .. and is Sterling the moment he receives the ball. Teams know that take them out and there is little danger as our MF is not contributing at the moment.

Glanville95

Suarez was an absolute beast though and constantly chased down lost causes. Balotelli isn't no way near that plus the fact is that he's nowhere near quality of Sturridge. The loss of Sanchez to Arsenal was a big blow to them. He had the world class talent to replace him and instead they've taken a big gamble at Balotelli.
Can't disagree with any of that. Suarez was relentless and epitomised their pressing and high-intensity football of last year, that they could allow to have someone like Sturridge who doesn't really excel in that regard. Partnering him with Balotelli is like the polar opposite of that however even if the former is far more dynamic.

I too think Balotelli is and will be a mistake and could potentially disrupt them off the pitch, as well as on it (even though his controversies are often blown out of proportion).

Glanville95

Just a comment on Balotelli as it seems he's not being given his dues here. He has been very good in almost every game he's played as far as chasing down defenders and defending from the front is concerned. I need to find stats on kms run but I'd be surprised if he weren't in the Top 5 in our team. The biggest issue is that we are not stretching teams or attacking at pace, this would give him the room he needs because at the moment he's doubled up on .. and is Sterling the moment he receives the ball. Teams know that take them out and there is little danger as our MF is not contributing at the moment.
He's working harder than I've ever seen him work at previous clubs, but it's hardly spectacular and still nowhere near the level of Suarez who was admittedly on another level in that sense. I still think his movement is very static, but that's not exactly something that can change in him, whereas his work-ethic can. He simply doesn't possess the dynamism to compensate for Suarez's loss in attack.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Mario is working hard and to keep his head against Adriano was fantastic. Really expected something to explode in his head (might still do this season). But his contribution is sparse, thankfully he's got a vital CL goal and a good assist for Sterling today. Maybe he'll play better when our players start turning up behind him.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I think somebody else said it and I would have to agree that Everton look like a better team than Liverpool right now. I can see The Toffees beating them and thus Liverpool losing three on the spin. If that were to happen, imagine the panic would be deafening.

Wayne's World

Great to see the good old days back, Liverpool a laughing stock again :lol:

If Everton beat them next weekend (Big IF), it's hitting crisis mode for Rodgers. His job would certainly be under question If performances like this which is happening frequently continue to happen

FromTheBench

Mario is working hard and to keep his head against Adriano was fantastic. Really expected something to explode in his head (might still do this season). But his contribution is sparse, thankfully he's got a vital CL goal and a good assist for Sterling today. Maybe he'll play better when our players start turning up behind him.
He played decently today individually. But his style and the style of your team that you have used since last season isn't matching so far.

He is a static target man type forward who plays the game at his own speed while dropping off mostly a bit like Zlatan almost, while your teams strength last season was it's dynamism. Will be interesting how Rodgers incorporates him If Sturridge stays out.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
1 goal in his last 18 PL games. He had plenty of good service at City. He will only get worse over time. The incredible sulk.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
In which they've lost 3, okay one was against Man City but I thought they performed well in that game. The other two defeats they've looked below average and the loss of Luis Suarez is evident, the loss of Dan Sturridge is also apparent, for me Mario just doesn't care enough.

I know we haven't had the greatest of starts ourselves but with our new signings I generally believe we have a better squad with less games than Liverpool, we should be finishing above them on paper but I believe in LVG and the squad and they'll get it done.
Suarez was always going to be a loss but the injury to Sturridge has highlighted how much they need him in their attack now that Suarez is gone.I don't expect them to struggle as much with him fit.

I would agree we have a better squad on paper but its a new team with a new manager so lets see how our next run of games pan out.

Rafateria

I think somebody else said it and I would have to agree that Everton look like a better team than Liverpool right now. I can see The Toffees beating them and thus Liverpool losing three on the spin. If that were to happen, imagine the panic would be deafening.
Everton should start as favourites but if I was a betting man I'd surely be on 4 goals or more for a match where neither team has shown any ability to actually defend !

FromTheBench

Dunno, Everton's defence has been as bad as Liverpool so far this season. If not worse.

Though they are looking better going forward without Liverpool having Sturridge.

vibe

Home game against them is 1 day before my birthday :drool: Can't fecking wait.

Just imagine. By then, Shaw, Herrera, Di Maria and Falcao would have all had time to gel.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He played decently today individually. But his style and the style of your team that you have used since last season isn't matching so far.

He is a static target man type forward who plays the game at his own speed while dropping off mostly a bit like Zlatan almost, while your teams strength last season was it's dynamism. Will be interesting how Rodgers incorporates him If Sturridge stays out.
Yeah, agree with all of that. Balotelli's style is certainly different and we don't yet have midfielders running past him into dangerous areas. Mainly to do with the fear of being caught with only Gerrard to mop things up. Once we sort the Gerrard issue out I think we'll start using Mario's abilities to our advantage. Sterling can't do it on his own, Lallana, Henderson, Allen and Markovich will need to learn and chip in.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I don't see us getting top four now. This is going to be 2009/10 all over again at this rate. The players can't get over their miserable sorry selves and put the past season behind them, the new signings are looking doubtful already and aren't buying in to the standard required. This defence should of been scrapped, restructured and rectified as the first priority. We might aswel had thrown a 100m for Atletico's entire back line. There's no defensive assurance from the team or Rodgers, at times last season we got away it because we could outscore opponents, but now its alarmingly concerning when we've brought in new players who are supposed to rectify the problem and yet nothings changed.

I thought the performance vs Tottenham could propel a run and looked like normal service had resumed on the attacking front but these last 3 games after the international break we've been pathetic, same defensive issues and now beginning to look toothless when going behind.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Everton should start as favourites but if I was a betting man I'd surely be on 4 goals or more for a match where neither team has shown any ability to actually defend !
Everton always bottle it against their masters. Like always, especially at Anfield. Expecting 3 or 4 nil to Pool.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Highly doubt Everton will get anything. They've not exactly been faultless themselves.
Liverpool have a trip to Basel the following Wednesday. Rodgers will have one eye on that. Lets see how they deal with it.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool have a trip to Basel the following Wednesday. Rodgers will have one eye on that. Lets see how they deal with it.
If he's any sense he'll not even bother thinking about it. League has to be the priority, especially with our poor start.

Minimalist

It's not stupid. They don't have the quality to mount a title challenge without Suarez. One injury to Sturridge and they look absolutely toothless in attack.
I thought this was about getting top four. They didn't have a realistic chance of the league once they sold Suarez.

Rafateria

I thought this was about getting top four. They didn't have a realistic chance of the league once they sold Suarez.
Indeed it is. I haven't seen a single Liverpool fan (doesn't mean there aren't some out there) say we'll win the league. With the enforced changes, having to strengthen and enlarge the squad and CL matches this season, it is all about consolidation and scrapping for that Top 4 slot. Still think we'll get it once the new players all settle in. Moreno & Manquillo both already looking boss FBs.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
I sincerely hope Everton end Liverpools season next Saturday, there is no way they can bounce back from 4 defeats this early in the season.