Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

djembatheking

Liverpool were the form team towards the end of last season when they went on the long run , had momentum and were the bookies favorite and the trophy cabinet was still bare in the end .

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored
Jordan Henderson: No player has more PL assists from open play since the start of last season than @Jhenderson (13)

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Nope. Just a very good midfielder. Sturridge is the only Liverpool player who I think is world class.
I'd say we have no world class players, but Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling aren't far off for different reasons. Pretty clear that those 3 are the best 3 in the team, splitting them could go either way.

Cina

I'd say we have no world class players, but Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling aren't far off for different reasons. Pretty clear that those 3 are the best 3 in the team, splitting them could go either way.
Well, feck, at least you're not all wildly deluded when it comes to Sturridge at least.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Well, feck, at least you're not all wildly deluded when it comes to Sturridge at least.
In fairness I'd change that opinion if it was widely accepted that Azpilicueta, Terry and Ivanović were all world class ;)

Cina

In fairness I'd change that opinion if it was widely accepted that Azpilicueta, Terry and Ivanović were all world class ;)
I think Aguero is the only WC player in the PL, but then, I've a very strict definition of the term.

Cina

Bob comes across as such a reasonable poster that I'm not entirely convinced he's a Liverpool supporter.
Every now and again you get ones like those, duffer, cescs_mullet etc, but never a Pool fan, it's an incredible sight to behold really.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I think Aguero is the only WC player in the PL, but then, I've a very strict definition of the term.
Fair enough. I'd say Agüero, the two keepers and then a few like Alexis, Diego Costa and Cesc who are arguable.

Edit: David Silva too. I'd have him as a world class player.

Cina

How about De Gea or Courtois?
Probably the closest two, but they're not as good as Neuer and you can't play two GK's at the same time*

*Well, usually. Don't hold me to that whilst LvG is managing us.

Cina

Fair enough. I'd say Agüero, the two keepers and then a few like Alexis, Diego Costa and Cesc who are arguable.
Yeah that's fair, it just depends, I'm actually not a fan of the term because it can be interpreted so wildly. Barney for example called Sturridge world-class and then in order to suit that, said world-class was being a top 10 striker, which is mental to me. I'd say top 5 should be an absolute minimum for any position.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Probably the closest two, but they're not as good as Neuer and you can't play two GK's at the same time*

Well, usually. Don't hold me to that whilst LvG is managing us.
If that's your definition of world class, then obviously I wouldn't have bothered arguing that Sturridge is because by that definition he clearly isn't.

How about De Gea or Courtois?
Cina probably thinks Casillas and Buffon are better.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah that's fair, it just depends, I'm actually not a fan of the term because it can be interpreted so wildly. Barney for example called Sturridge world-class and then in order to suit that, said world-class was being a top 10 striker, which is mental to me. I'd say top 5 should be an absolute minimum for any position.
No I didn't.

Cina

If that's your definition of world class, then obviously I wouldn't have bothered arguing that Sturridge is because by that definition he clearly isn't.
I was arguing your point about him being a top 10 striker, actually, not the world-class bit. That was just hilarious.

Cina

No I didn't.
Well then I'm confused, you called him world-class and then said he was definitely a top 10 striker. So, are you now saying you don't need to be a top 10 striker to be a world class striker? Are they not mutually exclusive?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Nope. Just a very good midfielder. Sturridge is the only Liverpool player who I think is world class.
Out of curiosity, why would you deem him to be WC?
Hes only had one season where he has scored more than 15 EPL goals, and he not exactly been banging them in at the highest level (International tournaments & UCL) I'm not saying he couldn't btw but I think he still has quite a bit to do in the game to be considered WC also he has to do it consistently over an extended period.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Out of curiosity, why would you deem him to be WC?
Hes only had one season where he has scored more than 15 EPL goals, and he not exactly been banging them in at the highest level (International tournaments & UCL) I'm not saying he couldn't btw but I think he still has quite a bit to do in the game to be considered WC
Check the Balotelli thread, it's being discussed there.

RooneyLegend

Its amazing how, despite there being so many talented midfield young talents around the globe, a club like Pool will still find it acceptable to have the likes of Hendo and Lucas starting there.

Dunk

Body language expert
We shouldn't start deriding our LFC fanbase or any of our other non-United supporting visitors for posting on RedCafe. It's better for the forum we have fans from all over the PL and other countries as it increases our knowledge base and makes discussions more interesting. We don't want them to go anywhere. So keep it up LFC supporters*.

*pricks

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Its amazing how, despite there being so many talented midfield young talents around the globe, a club like Pool will still find it acceptable to have the likes of Hendo and Lucas starting there.
Henderson is a good player, though Lucas is surely on his last legs - he should assume the 4/5th choice option in the squad.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Henderson's good, but it's still gonna be weird seeing him captain Liverpool next season. He's not someone I'd ever associate with Liverpool's captaincy, but maybe he can grow into it, as he did improve vastly on his earlier performances.

RooneyLegend

Henderson is a good player, though Lucas is surely on his last legs - he should assume the 4/5th choice option in the squad.
Good players with limited ability tend to get exposed on the biggest stages, and that's what happened and will continue to happen with hendo.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Both good players (very, very good in the case of Henderson). Henderson in particular should/will have a long term future for us. He plays much better without Gerrard imo and I think he'll be the player that benefits the most from Gerrard going. I expect Lucas will leave in the summer and Gerrard is definitely off meaning we can sign a new midfielder and start blooding Rossiter into the side.

Ojo is apparently doing quite well at Wigan. Sheyi Ojo (17), professional full debut: 85% Pass completion, 100% runs completed, 5/11 duels won, assisted the games only goal.

Rafateria

Hazard, YaYa, Courtois (De Gea if his form continues), Silva, Fabregas (most of the time), DiMaria, Sanchez, Kompany perhaps and Sturridge and Sterling can be if they continue to impress/improve over the next 1-2 seasons. Coutinho I'm less convinced can reach 'World Class' but he is still a superb player.

Rafateria

Good players with limited ability tend to get exposed on the biggest stages, and that's what happened and will continue to happen with hendo.
We'll see. I'm not as convinced as most Pool supporters but there is no doubting he has ability, though what level he can reach remains contentious.
More assists than any other PL player over the past 2 seasons (Cesc this season of course), superb engine - pretty much every game he's in the top half dozen in the PL for distance covered, has an excellent passing range (and does play better without SG alongside, who he tends to defer to). Not every player in a successful team needs to be star-quality, he's a damn good water-carrier.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Henderson is the epitome of reliable in that he will very commonly put in a 7/10 performance. While unspectacular, he does a job, offers a threat with a regular assist and models the high press as well as anyone in the league. He's easily been worth the money he cost despite the poor first season. City and Chelsea aside, I think he'd compete for start in any PL squad.