Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Rafateria

Ming : 7.5 - aside from setting up the wall and his positioning for the FK goal, he was totally solid.

Moreno - 6.5 - a much much better 2nd half but I was worried about him defensively before both the United game and this one, and in both an error has confirmed that concern.

Sakho - 6.5 a couple of dodgy moments, and a silly tackle midfield to give away the FK, but otherwise did OK.

Toure - 6 - a bit rusty but still looked better as the game went on

Can - 6.5 - silly silly boy

Lucas - 5 - well off the pace after a few months out but improved as the game went on

Allen - 3 - utter shite

Hendo - 3 - utter shite (captain ? I'm not even sure he's worth a place in the team).

Coutinho - 6 - the magic feet didn't work so well today

Markovic - 6.5 - I was disappointed he was taken off, that pass to Sterling aside he was more direct and played some intelligent passes. If only.

Sterling - 6 - for 130k you have to show far more than this.

Sturridge - 6 - really he had nothing to work with as our midfield was so shite

Overall we have looked poor for a few weeks, gone is the one touch, confident, football and it's been replaced by hesitant, slow, 3-4 touch, shite.

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It's not that bad. We won two times against United and Spurs, one time against Arsenal and one time against City last year. 5/3/5 this year is an average record, not good nor poor in my opinion.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
These comparisons with Buttner are a bit harsh. Buttner wasn't this shit.
:lol: Buttner's personalized Robben that he carries in his pocket makes him better than Moreno alone. He also got like 13 or 14 man of the matches.

Seriously though, I never watched Moreno in Spain but feck me is he bad for Liverpool. Absolutely gash.

Rafateria

I think it definitely took something out of them. They look flat.
I said prior to the United game that that match didn't rule anyone in/out of 4th but that it was very important for both of the teams not to lose as it would severely impact confidence ... that showed today and I expect United to run over Villa too from the confidence high they must be on now.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone can say this when a team is 3-0 down at half time. You might as well say one of the stewards looked happy today, so it's unsurprising to see Arsenal do well :houllier:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I sort of really feel awful for the Liverpool fans who thought this season would be their season.

Who am I kidding? :smirk:

Thisistheone

Anyone can say this when a team is 3-0 down at half time. You might as well say one of the stewards looked happy today, so it's unsurprising to see Arsenal do well :houllier:
Of course but it's strange if true. You've been on a brilliant run so why are the players so down?

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Of course but it's strange if true. You've been on a brilliant run so why are the players so down?
Because we lost to United last time out, while getting our captain & best CB suspended in the process. That game will have had a massive impact on our confidence.

Thisistheone

Because we lost to United last time out, while getting our captain & best CB suspended in the process. That game will have had a massive impact on our confidence.
One defeat in 20 (or whatever it was) shouldn't rock your confidence that much, even if it was Utd. Gotta question the mentality of the players then.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
One defeat in 20 (or whatever it was) shouldn't rock your confidence that much, even if it was Utd. Gotta question the mentality of the players then.
When it's against your biggest rivals and puts clear distance between them and yourselves for that all important top four finish, along with the suspensions, and knowing a loss/draw today against a better team would probably spell the end... Yeah, I can see why their confidence might be affected, but I also don't think that's an excuse.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Well that's that over. Turned it off at half-time. I'm disgusted the way they've conducted themselves since the United game. The suspensions, the sterling saga that derailed the focus and the importance to the Arsenal game. What a way to catastrophically end all chance of top 4 in the space of a fortnight. It mirrors the closing months of last season, it's all well and good going on unbeaten runs but we seem to be adopting this bottle mentality in the crucial games that matter which is worrying. The games we can't afford to lose from season City, Palace.. we did the opposite. This season United, Arsenal.. we did the opposite.

It makes going out the europa league even more silly, Besiktas route were given good draws, a competition I wish we had excelled in now. Now doubt from here, If we go out of the FA cup, we'll somehow manage to deliberately fall off in the remaining games in order to avoid europa league for next season, let Spurs & Soton carry the burden.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's not that bad. We won two times against United and Spurs, one time against Arsenal and one time against City last year. 5/3/5 this year is an average record, not good nor poor in my opinion.
Last season..This season matters. They showed a stat on BT before the game with the table of the top 6 and record of them all playing each other.. United were top, Arsenal were 5th, and us bottom at 6th. If we can't beat rivals we don't deserve to be in there.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Playing Sterling as a sting... He's an engine but far away from clinical finisher.

Why save Sturridge for a second half in a game like this ?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Playing Sterling as a sting... He's an engine but far away from clinical finisher.

Why save Sturridge for a second half in a game like this ?
Probably wasn't fully fit. He's been pretty average since he came back from his injury anyway.

caid

They need a bit of a rebuild really. Their defence remains a disaster, their midfield is lacking and their strikers just aren't reliable.
Sterling and Coutinho are the only players good enough in that team to make a real push for anything of note.
You can carry the odd hard working, team player like henderson (bit harsh, hes pretty good) but theres just not enough quality elsewhere.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
After the investment the season is being terrible.do Liverpool fans still want Rodgers the next year?. I remember that some years ago Benitez had a big group of nostalgic fans in RAWK forum.Is he still so popular?would you like to see him back?

clarkydaz

When it's against your biggest rivals and puts clear distance between them and yourselves for that all important top four finish, along with the suspensions, and knowing a loss/draw today against a better team would probably spell the end... Yeah, I can see why their confidence might be affected, but I also don't think that's an excuse.
the sterling interview really hasn't helped has it? just adds confusion among the group

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Utd finishing in that order then. Could be a mini wobble for Utd in the next two games but won't be enough to benefit us.

Shame, the fight for top four got boring all of a sudden.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
After the investment the season is being terrible.do Liverpool fans still want Rodgers the next year?. I remember that some years ago Benitez had a big group of nostalgic fans in RAWK forum.Is he still so popular?would you like to see him back?
NO BENITEZ PLEASE!!! :houllier:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Rodgers has achieved nothing yet, Rafa on the other hand won us trophies. Would rather we don't go back to Benítez but he wasn't the laughing stock rival fans think.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Rodgers has achieved nothing yet, Rafa on the other hand won us trophies. Would rather we don't go back to Benítez but he wasn't the laughing stock rival fans think.
I agree,at least the team used to be a title contender and although he spent a lot he was able to atract better players.You are being very pacient with Rodgers

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Of course I want Rodgers here next year.

Last season was a miracle season for us, aided in no small part by a certain Uruguayan cannibal. If you were to take off the LFC tinted specs, and look at our squad objectively, I think, right now, it's a Europa League squad. The current top four have more experienced players & managers, and while we've invested heavily, I don't think we've invested for immediate impact. We've bought potential, some of which has hit the ground running, and some of which needs time to mature.

God, it's like Linux... Year of Linux = Current year +1 :houllier: That's going to be us, isn't it? Haha.

The minimum I expect now is an FA cup final & Europa league qualification.

Browniee

So Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Utd finishing in that order then. Could be a mini wobble for Utd in the next two games but won't be enough to benefit us.

What just because Liverpool have failed to keep up? It's still interesting, it isn't over yet anyway. We still have to go to Chelsea, Everton, Palace yet

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

Boring? Nah, just because it's over doesn't make it boring.

What will be interesting is the possible weekly leapfrogging between 2nd and 4th. Automatic CL qualification will be a huge benefit, and all three teams involved will be pushing for that 2nd spot.

ForlansHair

They were never going to keep scoring worldies, have clear penalties and red cards not given and deflections fly in the back of the net every game. Much has been said and written about their awful defence but they don't really look like scoring more than one in a game at the minute.

OneUnited24

What just because Liverpool have failed to keep up? It's still interesting, it isn't over yet anyway. We still have to go to Chelsea, Everton, Palace yet
If we can somehow get 6 points of those three games i think that would cement it but as it stands i'm not overly confident

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
They were never going to keep scoring worldies, have clear penalties and red cards not given and deflections fly in the back of the net every game. Much has been said and written about their awful defence but they don't really look like scoring more than one in a game at the minute.
Well, that's bound to happen when you have just one first/second choice striker (who's recovering from injury), and plenty of third/fourth choice players who can't get a game ahead of a 20 year old AM/winger.

Balotelli, Aspas, Lambert, Borini... It still pains me Borini wouldn't leave for £13m and we didn't sign Remy for £8m :houllier:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Of course I want Rodgers here next year.

Last season was a miracle season for us, aided in no small part by a certain Uruguayan cannibal. If you were to take off the LFC tinted specs, and look at our squad objectively, I think, right now, it's a Europa League squad. The current top four have more experienced players & managers, and while we've invested heavily, I don't think we've invested for immediate impact. We've bought potential, some of which has hit the ground running, and some of which needs time to mature.

God, it's like Linux... Year of Linux = Current year ** :houllier: That's going to be us, isn't it? Haha.

The minimum I expect now is an FA cup final & Europa league qualification.
You are right about buying potential. Moreno can do it much better and Can or Markovic are really young but some of the new signings are already 25/26. I just wonder if another manager could get the real potential right now. A team can be done in three or four months, but waiting 4 years with the same manager to get results...