Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

stevoc

When you've finished reading the following posts you can go back and edit your stupid accusations.
Oh touchy are we, ''stupid accusations'' feck sake get a grip will you mate. :lol:

I'm not reading a load of shite to find your explanation, if you can't be bothered neither am i. I'm not editing anything.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think your list is more realistic than many I've seen. In fact I think that'll be almost exactly what you'll spend, apart from the new goalkeeper, where I think he'll stick with Mignolet.

True enough. The list above is pretty realistic it's just a question of finding the right £25m striker and £20m midfielder. The likes of Milner & Ings are fine to pad out the squad, but they're never going to get you back to where you were last season. If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be looking at going all out for Moutinho if Monaco are continuing their fire sale, as well as Jackson Martinez. Both deviate from your policy in recent seasons of buying young players, but should add some well needed experience to the team. I'd also say both would see Liverpool as a step up and I don't think any bigger club would be massively in for them.

Even if you had to pad out the rest of your squad with free signings like Milner, Vlaar and Ings and a few younger players I think it'd be a good Summer.
I'd be satisfied if we get Moutinho and Martinez. They know each other from their time together at Porto and both will only be 29 next season - younger than say Rooney for example. I'd rather have a duo like Pjanic-Icardi or Nainggolan-Vietto though, but it's more unlikely as well.

Stretford End Phil

Money - covered above. FSG wanted youngsters and paid for them, I don't think they can throw that back on BR when they have this bollocks Transfer Committee involved. They are also savvy people - they know that losing as many mature players as they will this Summer will mean investment. You seem to think that spending £80-100m is a large figure, whereas with the sponsorship and PL returns (to say nothing of CL/EL this season at least) from this year on I'd think that will soon be the norm, if it isn't already for a team in the Top 4 or with Top 4 aspirations.

Quality of football - we went through a bad patch, pretty much as United did at the start, however it was turned around and if you had bothered to watch the youngsters in our team then you wouldn't be going on about mediocrity. Fact is that if you look at those leaving, or likely to leave, the club this Summer then those are the players that have been slated as 'unworthy' or 'over-the-hill' or the 'Dead-weights' as you call them. We played some lovely football as well as some shite ... there was a time when most on RedCafe were convinced we were going to finish in the Top 4 so you need to add some counter-balance to your argument.

As for fighting for a Top 4 slot that you seem to think our young team incapable of .. they ran your Allstars mighty close this season. It is very naive of you, though most likely just spite, not to think they haven't benefited from this season and will be better for it. A blend of maturity and youth is what I'll be looking for after this Summer.

Rest of your post was your usual 'Liverpool Hammer" so it's been deleted from my response ;)
No mate loose change for my club, but obviously your great ambition! :)

A middle sized club with inflated ambitions. Blame the committee - might as well blame the Union for lost causes - its no longer the 80s mate, time to get real.

Hard questions responded to with drivel, the stuff of la-la land.:lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sterling is odds on to stay? Even after that interview?

Has something changed in the last few weeks, because I'm sure the general consensus was that he was off.

Rafateria

How am I trolling? Isn't he on peanuts (for a footballer obviously) like £30k a week?

Why would he not want to move to a much better side and earn £100k+ a week? I do think he's worth that much and he wouldn't look out of place at all in our current side.

If a crock like Sturridge who misses more games than he plays is on £150k why shouldn't Sterling be?
Ah I thought you were referring to 100k as peanuts - since he's had that on the table for months now. Pay us £40-50m and he's yours. Sturridge is a crock .. but he's a better player than Sterling and was banging them in for fun before his injuries. Unfortunately we can't just then reduce his salary because he's seeing more of the physiotherapist than the pitch .. more's the pity.

Rafateria

I think your list is more realistic than many I've seen. In fact I think that'll be almost exactly what you'll spend, apart from the new goalkeeper, where I think he'll stick with Mignolet.

True enough. The list above is pretty realistic it's just a question of finding the right £25m striker and £20m midfielder. The likes of Milner & Ings are fine to pad out the squad, but they're never going to get you back to where you were last season. If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be looking at going all out for Moutinho if Monaco are continuing their fire sale, as well as Jackson Martinez. Both deviate from your policy in recent seasons of buying young players, but should add some well needed experience to the team. I'd also say both would see Liverpool as a step up and I don't think any bigger club would be massively in for them.

Even if you had to pad out the rest of your squad with free signings like Milner, Vlaar and Ings and a few younger players I think it'd be a good Summer.
The experience and maturity of Moutinho and Martinez are exactly what we need with losing so many senior players this Summer. Done. Milner is definitely a step up, in fact Milner would almost certainly be a 1st team starter more often than not ... criminally underrated player. Ings as a backup striker (behind Sturridge + 1) with Origi would make me pretty happy.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Fischer, Aubameyang and Ayew are no real strikers though. We need a true goalscorer.
Fischer's only just returned from a bad injury as well, so I'd probably wait and see what happens with him in the first half of next season when he's hopefully back to full strength.

untitled_6899

Well you're making a lot of assumptions on our budget based on ..... ?
As far as I'm aware FSG have said that none of the costs of the ground expansion will affect the transfer kitty, so I don't see that as an issue (if you believe them and they haven't lied about anything so far).

I honestly don't see any way it's going to be £65m, so make that £80m (still under where i think the actual budget will end up) then for me :
£25m - Striker #1
£5m - Ings
£20m - MF #1
£5m - MF #2 (Milner perhaps - that figure is his personal signing on fee)
£8m (because that's what it seems it is) - RB
£12m - Keeper

For the CB I'd bring Ilori back - fantastic pace for a CB - or try and persuade Kolo to stay, a lovely bloke and a real comedian, the sort of player a young squad needs.
You question other people when they have a go at estimating Liverpool's budget this season and then you come out with all of this

Plus you also made up some of Gerrard's personal achievements where according to you he won young player of the year before he even made his debut!

Stretford End Phil

Nah...it's just good old dislike from my side. Nothing better than chuckling about the misfortune of a dirty player.
When I saw him subbed off, I figured his relationship with Brentan was already long in the tooth and Steve just wanted it over already. Gerrard probably was pissed to be taken off when HIS TEAM needed him to get that win but Mr. Rodgers couldn't let that happen, lol.

Gerrard was a good player, but that was years ago. Last season, he was more passenger than engine which The Slip highlighted.

Props to the Chelsea fans for giving him a proper sendoff. Some stick while in play but respect when walking off to the sunset. Not sure what else he should expect. The amount of derision he gets from rival fans is a form of respect. Came off rather bitter.
Chelski did the same for Bobby Charlton back in 1973, they have to be applauded for their respect towards players. Bobby highlighted the difference between a true pro and Slippy, by congratulating the Chelski fans.

I have never had any respect for Slippy, never rated him like Lampard or Scholes. For me he was always on the edge and IMO didn't move to Chelski because he might not survive in a bigger club. A hometown boy with blinkered ideas, and an old style thug in his lashing out during his last game against us. Frankly, I think the Scouses will do better without him.

C'est Moi Cantona

There seems to be alot of Liverpool supporters assuming they will get Milner, and Ings on a free this summer thus saving them a few quid for other players they need, I wouldn't be so sure myself,

I still think City could offer Milner a deal he can't refuse, he is good, English, and a model professional, surely they will see there aren't too any players like that around,.

Ings there is more of a chance I guess but he could easily choose to go elsewhere.

There is also an assumption they will offload Balloteli just like that for £8 million + , who will pay that for him on the wages he will be on? I see a loan where they will have to pay part of his wages at best.

Rafateria

You question other people when they have a go at estimating Liverpool's budget this season and then you come out with all of this

Plus you also made up some of Gerrard's personal achievements where according to you he won young player of the year before he even made his debut!
Christ - can you even fecking read ! I said I just copy/pasted that list, do you think I went through years of history on multiple sites to come up with it ? Use that thing between your ears.

Budget - do you know what we have ? No. Neither do I but at least I gave a list of reasons as to why I think our budget is around that figure - you give a pathetic one-liner. Jog on.

Rafateria

Isn't Origi slated to join them Summer. What are the Liverpool fans thoughts on him
I've watched a few matches when he's played for Lille (he's not an automatic starter(, including the last one where he scored a very nice goal vs. Lens (derby match). He's very fast, good technique, probably off-loads it more than he should, but that's no doubt down to his age and deference to his seniors, very tidy feet, he is very strong on the ball (looks to be quite a big lad) and doesn't get bullied - should come in handy in the PL ! Very cool finisher, I've seen a few of his goals in that mode. He looks like a very good player in the making though there is no way he'll start for us, expect to see him coming on for the last 20-30 mins when the new season gets underway.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Chelski did the same for Bobby Charlton back in 1973, they have to be applauded for their respect towards players. Bobby highlighted the difference between a true pro and Slippy, by congratulating the Chelski fans.

I have never had any respect for Slippy, never rated him like Lampard or Scholes. For me he was always on the edge and IMO didn't move to Chelski because he might not survive in a bigger club. A hometown boy with blinkered ideas, and an old style thug in his lashing out during his last game against us. Frankly, I think the Scouses will do better without him.
Sadly I agree with this. I think they'll be liberated from the huge bubble that surrounds him at that club.

Jacob

Ings is sucha Liverpoolesque signing, I am sure he will go there. Thought to be decent before joining only to turn out shit.

BorisDeLeFora

It looks like three strikers will be sold, with 2 players of similar although relatively unproven ability, and Milner you imagine will replace Gerrard if he signs. So arguably that's the overall squad improved without a relatively meaningful transfer outlay. Which is all right for a start, I suppose, but then again this is the type of shit that Liverpool seem to have been at for a while, and it hasn't particularly gotten them anywhere.

Well, back above Spurs I suppose.

Glanville95

Don't mind the little de Gea quip, but did he seriously just say we were fortunate as always? I like him as a pundit, but that seems very unprofessional if that's the case.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Fischer's only just returned from a bad injury as well, so I'd probably wait and see what happens with him in the first half of next season when he's hopefully back to full strength.
Indeed, that injury was a sad story because he looked like a real prospect before that. I really hope he comes back strong because I really like him. He's always one of my first buys in FIFA career mode :drool:

Isn't Origi slated to join them Summer. What are the Liverpool fans thoughts on him
Like Rooney in Dublin said, he's had a very underwhelming season although I do think the expectations for him were too high after his World Cup. He had a poor goal scoring record in Ligue 1 and his main objective should've been to improve that but he has failed to do so, in fact he's been nothing more than a sub for half the season. He's looked nonchalant in a lot of games (no tracking back, missing penalties and too careless in possession), has even been booed by his own fans who accused him of not giving his all for Lille, saying that his head was already in Liverpool. The potential is still there though, I think the main issue with him is that he's mostly played as a left winger under Girard whilst Origi himself wants to play in the middle. He needs to focus himself on one position and try to improve on that, be it as a winger or a pure striker, otherwise he might end up as someone who can be played all across the front three but doesn't have a position where he excels in. He's still young so it's not too late, I'd love to see him pair up with another striker behind a diamond at Liverpool.

So, he hasn't played well at all this season but of course he might still come good. He won't be a starter for us but it's nice to have someone like him on the bench. It'll be interesting to see how he develops under Rodgers (if he's still here next season), the burning pace and technique are obviously there but he has some aspects of his game which need to improve drastically if he wants to cut it in the Premier League.

Ings is sucha Liverpoolesque signing, I am sure he will go there. Thought to be decent before joining only to turn out shit.
Isn't he on a free though? I wouldn't mind him having here if he's free (and probably on low wages given he's at Burnley right now). He'd be a third choice striker at best and still better than the absolute dross that is Rickie Lambert and Mario Balotelli.

Lay

Ings, Origi, Sturridge I think will be their strike force next season. Borini will probably still be hanging about.

Where's Balotellis likely destination?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Ings, Origi, Sturridge I think will be their strike force next season. Borini will probably still be hanging about.

That means one of Ings or Origi will be our first choice striker to start the season, I'd be livid if that's the case. If now they don't see we need to bring in a first choice striker, they never will.

I hope a club like Genoa or Sampdoria will take a gamble on Balotelli.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

Yeah, like Robin said, that's not good enough.

Put £100 on Ings being in the exact same position Borini and Lambert find themselves in now. Just like Aspas, Voronin and the rest before them.

It's about time we stopped using our crap as benchmarks. "Oh this player might be shit but at least he's cheap and better than x".

Lay

That means one of Ings or Origi will be our first choice striker to start the season, I'd be livid if that's the case. If now they don't see we need to bring in a first choice striker, they never will.

I've seen him linked with Sampdoria, but Mario still holds some reputation in football, he would still want Champions League football and I don't there's many CL qualified teams who would take him. But I do think he will go back to Italy.

Put £100 on Ings being in the exact same position Borini and Lambert find themselves in now. Just like Aspas, Voronin and the rest before them.

It's about time we stopped using our crap as benchmarks. "Oh this player might be shit but at least he's cheap and better than x".
I'm wondering who will be available though. Seen links to Aubaymeng earlier, I thought he was more of a winger though.

ZDwyr

Would you take Benteke if you could get him? Him plus the other three would look like a pretty decent group IMO.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

But its a bit more complicated than that Bob. If Origi or Ings is our main striker while Studge is out then I would be livid. So I'm laying my hopes on us getting one key striker to cover for Sturridge's injuries and then Ings/Origi for backup. What you say about Voronin, Aspas, etc, is true but you can't flip the other way and say we should sign Benteke, Benzema and Lacazette to sit on our bench.

So we come back to Ings, is there any other striker in the word between 5-12 million that has a better current record? We can't pay any more for a non starting striker as all our cash has to go on the main striker.

bishblaize

But its a bit more complicated than that Bob. If Origi or Ings is our main striker while Studge is out then I would be livid. So I'm laying my hopes on us getting one key striker to cover for Sturridge's injuries and then Ings/Origi for backup. What you say about Voronin, Aspas, etc, is true but you can't flip the other way and say we should sign Benteke, Benzema and Lacazette to sit on our bench.

So we come back to Ings, is there any other striker in the word between 5-12 million that has a better current record? We can't pay any more for a non starting striker as all our cash has to go on the main striker.
Is Ings not out of contract?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
He was already 'loaned' to Lille this season, after having been bought. Not sure the player would appreciate being loaned out again.
He wouldn't but he won't be loaned out again, pretty sure of that.

Would you take Benteke if you could get him? Him plus the other three would look like a pretty decent group IMO.
Hmm, I guess I would yeah. He has some pro's: still quite young, strong lad and relatively fast. Why I want him at Liverpool: he keeps the ball very well so excellent hold up play (miles better than say Lukaku), he's PL proven and he knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. Contra's: will he cut it at a big club? Not too sure about that but we'll never know if someone doesn't take the gamble on him, plus he's useless if he's out of confidence. Sherwood has worked wonders with him but you could clearly see how he struggled under Lambert. Different team and different approach to the game, I know, but still.. I'd have Benteke and would be satisfied with him as first choice striker but not for more than around £25m. Don't really know if that's possible. The advantages he has on Jackson Martinez is that he's a lot younger and knows the league. I could easily see Martinez struggle in his first season here and we've got no time for that, especially with a striker who approaches his thirties.

Truedevil

So, he hasn't played well at all this season but of course he might still come good. He won't be a starter for us but it's nice to have someone like him on the bench. It'll be interesting to see how he develops under Rodgers (if he's still here next season), the burning pace and technique are obviously there but he has some aspects of his game which need to improve drastically if he wants to cut it in the Premier League.
Liverpool fans are always saying that after they've signed a fairly average player, It was the same with Aspas, Markovic, Lambert etc. If they are not good enough to play in a club like Liverpool it doesn't matter if they're a sub or not. At the end of the day they will have to come on/start a game and with Origi it will be the same as we see with Lambert for example.

Rodgers should just stop signing these sort of players and go for actual quality.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans are always saying that after they've signed a fairly average player, It was the same with Aspas, Markovic, Lambert etc. If they are not good enough to play in a club like Liverpool it doesn't matter if they're a sub or not. At the end of the day they will have to come on/start a game and with Origi it will be the same as we see with Lambert for example.

Rodgers should just stop signing these sort of players and go for actual quality.
What else would you have me say? I don't make those signings, it's just reality - he isn't good enough to be a starter for us (sadly enough). And you're right, I'd rather we go for quality as well but you see how that worked out last season: Alexis choosing Arsenal over us.

Stretford End Phil

And so it goes on with you guys.

The real problem with your squad lies in defence and midfield. Once Slippy has gone, you need to build around your two most impressive players - Henderson and Coutinho. There needs to be a rethink about how your defence works and a stronger link up with defending midfield. When that system breaks down you team looks all over the place. Your last game in Europe, Besiktas?, was horrible to watch and that kind of performance has plagued you all season - home and away. I wouldn't focus so much on Balotelli, but rather the likes of Moreno, Can and Johnson. Moreno because he's too often caught out, Can because deep inside he's not a bad player, and off loading Johnson. Mostly I would put last season's expenditures under the microscope and think about a better transfer policy.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Ings was good in the first few months of the season, but hasn't scored in ages. He's the kind of player who will look good in a team playing well, but won't drag you out of a hole when things are going against you. I think Liverpool need some leaders in the summer. There's too many shrinking violets in that squad. Gerrard will be a huge loss in that respect.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's probably because I watch him. Oh no wait .. your mate who lives in Bordeaux and who's word is gospel said he's shite right ? :D
You obviously haven't watched him if you stand by your exposé of him posted above.

My friend doesn't live in Bordeaux, he's just a Girondins fan and has therefore seen a lot of Ilori (well, all of his games this season anyway).

What do you want me to say? You come across as someone who's read their wiki profile written by their mothers of their fans and stick to the strengths listed on there rather than actually watching them and challenging your preconceived ideas.

But to be perfectly honest, I'm fine with you believing that Ilori and Origi are strong reinforcements for Liverpool, I won't be the disappointed one. :)