Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Its no real surprise United fans come in here but get shot down as its only wishful thinking when Liverpool fans then turn around at the same time doing exactly the same thing with United and themselves. Go figure, seriously why do United fans bother? Just leave them all to talk with and big up themselves. Whatever you say they will just argue the opposite anyway, they are only happy when you agree with them.
It's not like that at all - many on here have written us off before the season has even started. Which you are entitled to do, we are thus just explaining some of our new players have hardly kicked a ball for us yet and need time.
Clearly it's going to be very competitive and United for example should be stronger but given our performances last season we are right to be optimistic.

Charlie10Utd

It's not like that at all - many on here have written us off before the season has even started. Which you are entitled to do, we are thus just explaining some of our new players have hardly kicked a ball for us yet and need time.
Clearly it's going to be very competitive and United for example should be stronger but given our performances last season we are right to be optimistic.
Sorry but in every thread about Liverpool its the same thing. Heck half of you even go into the RAWK thread to defend them and yourselves.

Its nothing to do with being optimistic, if a United fan says something it is stupid because they are only saying it because we are United and you are Liverpool. You lot do realise its not only United fans that say these things right?

Yet you will then shoot down United fans for being optimistic about the coming season off the back of the worst season for 20 odd years with a manager clearly out of his depth in charge. You lot dismiss it and claim the players are actually pretty rubbish. You dismiss the Moyes effect on the whole club but then claim it doesnt matter that Suarez has gone because you have Rodgers, its more about the manager and team. Go figure. Hell someone even thinks Lallana is on the same level as Mata because of last season. Despite losing a lot of experienced players there are still a hell of a lot that have been there and done it and now we have a manger that has too. Moyes was an almighty part of them players being as bad as they was. There are a lot of reasons why this happened.

Im not going to carry on with it because i will just get the usual replies. In reality it is somewhere in between for both sides. We will both challenge for top 4 but you lot wont be as good IMO. Good luck for the season.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Sorry but in every thread about Liverpool its the same thing. Heck half of you even go into the RAWK thread to defend them and yourselves.

Its nothing to do with being optimistic, if a United fan says something it is stupid because they are only saying it because we are United and you are Liverpool. You lot do realise its not only United fans that say these things right?

Yet you will then shoot down United fans for being optimistic about the coming season off the back of the worst season for 20 odd years with a manager clearly out of his depth in charge. You lot dismiss it and claim the players are actually pretty rubbish. You dismiss the Moyes effect on the whole club but then claim it doesnt matter that Suarez has gone because you have Rodgers, its more about the manager and team. Go figure. Hell someone even thinks Lallana is on the same level as Mata because of last season. Despite losing a lot of experienced players there are still a hell of a lot that have been there and done it and now we have a manger that has too. Moyes was an almighty part of them players being as bad as they was. There are a lot of reasons why this happened.

Im not going to carry on with it because i will just get the usual replies. In reality it is somewhere in between for both sides. We will both challenge for top 4 but you lot wont be as good IMO. Good luck for the season.
We both do the same thing though.

It's also kind of common (well I think so), to defend your team on a rival forum, argue your corner so to speak.
Clearly we think one thing and you think the other, good luck to you too. Also for what it's worth most of us stay clear of the RAWK thread.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Echo : If you bothered to read the words rather than see the source and disregard it, then your knowledge of how Liverpool are playing, and the player's roles within the team, may improve. Let's face it, your constant denial of anything positive to do with Liverpool is not only biased conjecture but wishful thinking in the extreme.
This is the same guy who refuses to accept Sturridge is better than Welbeck.

Mister Ed

With Suarez gone they won't just miss his goals and assits (31 goals and 12 assits), they will also miss the threat he brought to their side. When playing Liverpool, you played Suarez and you always had a guy on him, with his quality and free role he got from Rodgers he attracted the opposition players on him like a magnet (comparable for example to what Messi does at Barcelona) and created so much space for quick players like Sterling and Sturridge to run into. That was what truely made them so fearfull last year, if you go and cover Suarez you drop space for rockets Sterling and Sturridge but if you don't do it and let Suarez football you'll also be sorry for it. That attacking system allowed them blitzkrieg so many games, were they could suddenly score 2 or 3 goals in a matter of minutes and kill a game before it truely started. With Suarez gone that system won't work as good as it last season and Sturridge and Sterling will suffer from it. Ofcourse Lallana is a very good player and could try to do a similar thing but it just won't be as good as it was with Suarez, they really needed to land Sanchez to properly replace his role and they didn't manage that.

Yea they added alot of players: Origi, Lallana, Can, Markovic, Lambert and Lovren but none of them really provide a massive quality injection. It adds squad depth and they will benefit from that no doubt (and they will need it going into the CL again) but it won't lift the quality of their best team. In fact their major issue which was a weak defence seems to still be an issue and I could see them suffering from it. Imo Liverpool is a weaker squad than they were last year (when everybody was fit), the only thing is that because they added to the depth in their squad they are better prepared to go into Europe and handle playing more games.

Last year was truely special for them because they were in a unique position where not much was expected of them and they could play liberated in most games. They had Suarez as the player that made their attack so special that almost no team knew how exactly to handle them and they had lets be fair about it a ton of luck in some important moments (luck which you can't relly on every year). Expectations are going to be alot higher this year, teams will know how to play them, they lost their trump card with Suarez and they will have to handle being Europe again and competiton at the top is going to be alot more fierce with us being back in the game, Arsenal significantly strenghtend, Everton looking up for it and ofcourse City and Chelsea also significantly strenghtend. I think Liverpool would do very well next year to get top 4, and in fact I wouldn't be the least bit surpised if they missed out on it (I think we'll take their place in the top 4 again, accompanied by Chelsea, City and Arsenal).

ZDwyr

Could be a good opportunity for Ibe to step up. Plays a similar game to Raheem (strong, quick, direct, & not afraid to take players on). Remains to be seen though if he can reach a similar level.
Don't think he has anywhere near the intelligence of Sterling. Ibe playing regularly wouldn't really worry me as an opposition supporter. He'd probably be good coming on as a sub in some games though

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
With Suarez gone they won't just miss his goals and assits (31 goals and 12 assits), they will also miss the threat he brought to their side. When playing Liverpool, you played Suarez and you always had a guy on him, with his quality and free role he got from Rodgers he attracted the opposition players on him like a magnet (comparable for example to what Messi does at Barcelona) and created so much space for quick players like Sterling and Sturridge to run into. That was what truely made them so fearfull last year, if you go and cover Suarez you drop space for rockets Sterling and Sturridge but if you don't do it and let Suarez football you'll also be sorry for it. That attacking system allowed them blitzkrieg so many games, were they could suddenly score 2 or 3 goals in a matter of minutes and kill a game before it truely started. With Suarez gone that system won't work as good as it last season and Sturridge and Sterling will suffer from it. Ofcourse Lallana is a very good player and could try to do a similar thing but it just won't be as good as it was with Suarez, they really needed to land Sanchez to properly replace his role and they didn't manage that.

Yea they added alot of players: Origi, Lallana, Can, Markovic, Lambert and Lovren but none of them really provide a massive quality injection. It adds squad depth and they will benefit from that no doubt (and they will need it going into the CL again) but it won't lift the quality of their best team. In fact their major issue which was a weak defence seems to still be an issue and I could see them suffering from it. Imo Liverpool is a weaker squad than they were last year (when everybody was fit), the only thing is that because they added to the depth in their squad they are better prepared to go into Europe and handle playing more games.
It's a case of wait and see in terms of the attacking stuff you discuss. However, the defence issue has been dealt with considerably. Can is a protective midfielder, Lovren is the leader at the back that's needed plus Moreno and Manquillo are being signed for FB positions. I'd say that's a significant upgrade. If Liverpool become a more solid proposition the attacking finesse of last season will not be so integral to success.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think he has anywhere near the intelligence of Sterling. Ibe playing regularly wouldn't really worry me as an opposition supporter. He'd probably be good coming on as a sub in some games though
I don't think Ibe's had enough exposure to first team football to work out what kind of role he's going to have. He's exactly 12 months behind Sterling in age but about 18 months behind in terms of actual experience on the pitch.

gasmanc

Banned
It's just kind of odd that last season is being rationalised in such a way. There's such little doubt that it was the players' fault in any way. As long as Moyes can be totally blamed for the calamity we can all sleep easy.

Hmmm, no I don't because I'm not a whopper who makes grand predictions about football. What I do know is that for 12 months Liverpool's record has been rationalised in every which way on here.

Things I mostly read about why Liverpool did well:

It was Suarez... Massive factor.

It was those penalties... Well you did have a few but you create your own due to a higher rate of chances right ? Unless of course your United under SAF right ?

It was a weak league... Not weak as such but the changing of managers at the top helped no end.

It was Moyes... Yea no managerial blame here unless of course its your season under Brendy, ignore the Hodge/Daglish debacles in your reasoning though.

It was United's fixtures... You might find that was Moyes excuse, nobody bought it not even United fans, it was as tough a start as you could have asked for but let's leave that one for Arsene shall we.

It was Suarez... No of course he was just a cog in Rodgers machine, ignore his POTY award.

It was mostly luck... Even towards the end when you played City it was falling for you, Karma eh

It was lucky with no injuries...Well the squad was threadbare, you lost Lucas and Studge for a bit but your core stayed mostly fit.

It was a freak season... Two teams going from 7th to 2nd and vice versa isn't a freak season (scouse logic).

It was Liverpool's light schedule... Are you actually saying this isn't a factor because in the last half of the season most scousers were touting it as the reason they were "going to win the league" :lol:

It was Suarez... What were you saying the season United signed RVP and consequently won the league, I know what I put it down to and it was him

The only rationale that isn't consistently floated is that Liverpool are a very good team thriving under a talented manager.
Moyes was blamed for last season because he was the only differential between the title win and a 7th place finish, the players didn't go without blame either, Ferdinand was fairly obvious in his disapproval and he wasn't alone.
I do love the reasoning from you lot now Suarez has fecked off though, your good record last year was all Brendan yet Uniteds poor season wasn't just the manager it was the players too, you want it both ways it seems. Liverpool had a very good season last year under their first decent manager since Daglish mk I and the only point I, and certainly others seem to be making is that your now a weaker team, your squad might be heavier in numbers but you've signed not one player that comes even remotely close to filling the void left by gnasher.

Monday : doesn't matter, it may make the season for you but for the vast majority we recognise it for what it is. A pre-season work-out.

Finance : show me where I said we were at the same level ? What I said is that you are undervaluing our strength and that United haven't done much in the market so far.

Experienced Players : Vidic and Evra were two of your first choice back 4 last season. Even Ferdinand played in 14 games. Disparage their importance/contributions all you like, it doesn't change the facts that not only were they important players but important leaders you have lost. And you haven't replaced them.

Manager / Squad : you talk as if LvG is some sort of saviour and not just a good manager. Whilst a capable manager is very important he isn't on the pitch playing and if you check the United forum you'll see how many United fans want(ed) the likes of Cleverley, Anderson, Fellaini, Young, Nani, Fletcher sold (though I imagine there may be a 180 about turn on Young now). Add that to a 33 yo Carrick alongside Herrera. That is hardly a consensus on the quality of your squad, regardless of how you personally feel about them. Had they been that good then there would be not be such a split between the fans.

Herrera/Shaw : Shaw, at the moment yes, not so sure after we sign Moreno because both are at similar stages of their development. Herrera - where ? He isn't yet a top tier proven player, United and their fans are banking a lot on him but I wouldn't take him over Henderson (and Herrera isn't a DM) so maybe played alongside him, but that then restricts us using a more creative player there .. and Can looks like he can do the same job. So Herrera wouldn't walk into the team (or any of the Top 4 teams) just yet, let's see how his first season in the PL goes shall we ?

Kagawa : simply a pure platitude on your behalf commenting that it's "more of a showing of Uniteds squad strength that Kagawa can't nail down a first team slot." That really had me literally laughing out loud :D It couldn't possibly be that he isn't good enough. He has proven nothing in the PL, in fact to the contrary, so the jury is well and truly out on this one, he won't be a starter next season that is a near certainty.

Liverpool strengthening : Blinkered. Can't say anything else because clearly you are. Undoubtedly the attack is weaker but you are again undervaluing (spot a trend here ?) the contribution last season from our midfield and failing to recognise a change in the system. To deny the defence has improved considerably is pure denial. As is categorically stating the team as an entity is not better (though this remains to be proven the theory is sound).

Echo : If you bothered to read the words rather than see the source and disregard it, then your knowledge of how Liverpool are playing, and the player's roles within the team, may improve. Let's face it, your constant denial of anything positive to do with Liverpool is not only biased conjecture but wishful thinking in the extreme.

Your posts really are a blizzard of bullshit aren't they, that last bolded paragraph is particularly damning, you have stated just a few posts up in fact that Uniteds pre season form and the football they play means nothing because it's only pre season yet in that same post you quoted an article from the echo that was underlining Liverpools playing style, your now using Liverpools pre season games to show how Liverpool are playing. You have opened your post stating pre season is nothing more than "a work out" and ended it by contradicting you first paragraph.
So using your logic can we asses how a team is playing and the roles within the team from pre season games or can we not :smirk:

Last season Suarez was the god of all footballers yet this coming season it is all down to Brendan Rogers, I have bolded a point you have just made re:managers/squad that contradicts this perfectly, well done.

As of this moment you have weakened your starting 11 full stop, Gerrard will be a year older also and let's face it he's no Paul Scholes.

We have 3 players in Kagawas strongest positioin and the 2 ahead are Rooney and Juan Mata, Mata is probably the most technically gifted 10 in the league and Rooney offers you so much more due to his versatility. Kagawa in my opinion was brought in as a direct replacement for Rooney whilst SAF was still at the helm, I couldn't help think that SAF was planning for Rooneys departure when Shinji was brought in. So yea of course Kagawa can't get a game when you asses the quality in front of him it's, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave as LvG has already stated we have to many No 10's.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Regardless of all your negativity the fact remains that Liverpool are a very good team thriving under a talented manager. Plus I expect him to be around a lot longer than LvG and the Chelsea bloke.

Last edited:

gasmanc

Banned
Regardless of all your negativity the fact remains that Liverpool are a very good team thriving under a talented manager. Plus I expect him to be around a lot longer than LvG and the Chelsea bloke.
You also expected Suarez to hang about too but this is a modern era of football as big business. If Rogers turns out to be the chosen one then it won't be long before Barca, Madrid or another of footballs big clubs come knocking.

Rafateria

Your posts really are a blizzard of bullshit aren't they, that last bolded paragraph is particularly damning, you have stated just a few posts up in fact that Uniteds pre season form and the football they play means nothing because it's only pre season yet in that same post you quoted an article from the echo that was underlining Liverpools playing style, your now using Liverpools pre season games to show how Liverpool are playing. You have opened your post stating pre season is nothing more than "a work out" and ended it by contradicting you first paragraph.
So using your logic can we asses how a team is playing and the roles within the team from pre season games or can we not :smirk:
You really were near the back of the line weren't you. Shall I get out the Alphabet blocks ? I said the managers were
Trying out different systems to see what does and does not work with different players
. I said clearly that results don't matter, however you can see the style of play being developed (hence quoting the Echo article). There, was that so difficult to understand ?

As far as this is concerned :
Last season Suarez was the god of all footballers yet this coming season it is all down to Brendan Rogers, I have bolded a point you have just made re:managers/squad that contradicts this perfectly, well done.
Yet again you are way off the reservation spouting shxte. Go and find a SINGLE post where I have said ANYTHING about Rodgers in this context.

Last edited:

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
You also expected Suarez to hang about too but this is a modern era of football as big business. If Rogers turns out to be the chosen one then it won't be long before Barca, Madrid or another of footballs big clubs come knocking.
As expected, claw out a negativity, it's what you do bestest...

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we need to give Lallana a chance to see how he goes with us, many have written him off already which is a bit daft.
To be honest Mata is a good player yes but remember he hasn't had a full season at United and was surplus to requirements at Chelsea.
Yep but the season before he was also Chelsea's best player. And it wasn't like Mata played poorly Jose already had his mind made up.

gasmanc

Banned
You really were near the back of the line weren't you. Shall I get out the Alphabet blocks ? I said the managers were . I said clearly that results don't matter, however you can see the style of play being developed (hence quoting the Echo article). There, was that so difficult to understand ?

As far as this is concerned : Yet again you are way off the reservation spouting shxte. Go and find a SINGLE post where I have said ANYTHING about Rodgers in this context.
You probably should ask a parent to do that for you by the sounds of it.

Just to reiterate, I stated that United have played football the like of we haven't seen for years and that is in just 2 weeks of coaching under VG, you then went off on one stating pre season has no bearing on the actual competitive football in which we can agree, it's all about fitness generally but if your a new manager coming in you will want to implement your system on the squad at the earliest opportunity and that's exactly what we have seen and exactly what I was saying, we've been pinging the ball about with confidence and pressing with guille, against Madrid last night we scored what can only be described as a fantastic team goal.

You should have a read through this thread with regards to Rodger, you will find most fans pinning their hopes on his management papering over the loss of the leagues POTY, or are you that guy that was claiming that Liverpool are now in actual fact stronger due to signing Lallana and Markovic ? I do actually agree that Rodgers will be the key though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's okay, them coming second was kind of a fluke, a bit like 05 where they didn't really deserve to win, although in fairness they are right in the regard Suarez isn't a big loss because he's not really as good as people make him out to be, anyway he barely did anything against the big teams, I'd have Aguero and Zlatan in my team ahead of him anyday.

gasmanc

Banned
It's okay, them coming second was kind of a fluke, a bit like 05 where they didn't really deserve to win, although in fairness they are right in the regard Suarez isn't a big loss because he's not really as good as people make him out to be, anyway he barely did anything against the big teams, I'd have Aguero and Zlatan in my team ahead of him anyday.
08 is kind of mirrored to a degree, they ran it so close and in the end bottled it, the following Summer saw their best performer of the season feck off to Spain.

There's another neg for you PR

Last edited:

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
05 is kind of mirrored to a degree, they ran it so close and in the end bottled it, the following Summer saw their best performer of the season feck off to Spain.

There's another neg for you PR
What? In 05 we won the CL. Gerrard was our best performer then and he didn't leave.

Rafateria

You probably should ask a parent to do that for you by the sounds of it.

Just to reiterate, I stated that United have played football the like of we haven't seen for years and that is in just 2 weeks of coaching under VG, you then went off on one stating pre season has no bearing on the actual competitive football in which we can agree, it's all about fitness generally but if your a new manager coming in you will want to implement your system on the squad at the earliest opportunity and that's exactly what we have seen and exactly what I was saying, we've been pinging the ball about with confidence and pressing with guille, against Madrid last night we scored what can only be described as a fantastic team goal.

You should have a read through this thread with regards to Rodger, you will find most fans pinning their hopes on his management papering over the loss of the leagues POTY, or are you that guy that was claiming that Liverpool are now in actual fact stronger due to signing Lallana and Markovic ? I do actually agree that Rodgers will be the key though.
I give up. WhyTF do I need to read this thread to find comments about Rodgers from other posters - that you then decide to use to obfuscate the debate and somehow deem it attributable to me and use as a valid point in our debate ? Talk about tangents ! And from your response it's absolutely transparent that you STILL fail to comprehend the difference, that I've explained twice, between pre-season results and simply noting the systems of play in use ... am I writing in tongues here by the way ? Please God tell me that this poster called Gasmanc is just a figment of my disturbed imagination, that's got to be better than the alternative !

gasmanc

Banned
I give up. WhyTF do I need to read this thread to find comments about Rodgers from other posters - that you then decide to use to obfuscate the debate and somehow deem it attributable to me and use as a valid point in our debate ? Talk about tangents ! And from your response it's absolutely transparent that you STILL fail to comprehend the difference, that I've explained twice, between pre-season results and simply noting the systems of play in use ... am I writing in tongues here by the way ? Please God tell me that this poster called Gasmanc is just a figment of my disturbed imagination, that's got to be better than the alternative !
Easily the most honest and scouse post of the day.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Daniel Sturridge has flown home from Liverpool's tour of America to have treatment on a hamstring injury.

The England striker missed Saturday night's 2-0 win over AC Milan in Charlotte butBrendan Rodgers insists he will be fit for the start of the new Premier League campaign.

Adam Lallana and Jon Flanagan, who have both been hampered by knee injuries, joined Sturridge on the plane.

“Dan has flown back to the UK,” Rodgers said.

“He wasn't going to be ready for the game on Monday but there is no concern there. He will be ready for the game against Borussia Dortmund next weekend.
This injury doesn't sound worrying but his constant knocks and niggles are pretty concerning. It would be a risk to have only Sturridge and Lambert as our strikers in any circumstances but even more so with Sturridge's fitness record.

Do you scousers think that Sterling will inevitably end up playing as a center forward or a striker?

I think the basic qualities are there. He already makes very intelligent runs and his finishing is also quite calm.
I doubt it. I think he could do it but as you said I think it would be a waste of his other qualities. Ideally he'll probably end up as a number 10, but at this stage he's so versatile that his position could be anything. He's looked impressive in every position he's played so far, even right back!

How did the game go last night by the way? Lambert look any more comfortable? Missed it.

Rafateria

How did the game go last night by the way? Lambert look any more comfortable? Missed it.
He looks like the pressure of playing for Liverpool is weighing heavily on his shoulders. Still trying too hard. However missing his penalty against Milan was a moment of pure genius .... who wouldn't want to open their account for the club with a winning goal in a cup final against United ?

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Ah didn't mean to mar your 05 I did mean the last time you came 2nd, 08 was it, the lad put 05 in his post and it stuck.
Will edit it.
It still makes no sense. We didn't bottle it at all and the situation isn't really comparable to this year. Our best players (Gerrard and Torres) both stayed as well. 2002 is a more apt comparison, but even then there are huge differences.

gasmanc

Banned
It still makes no sense. We didn't bottle it at all and the situation isn't really comparable to this year. Our best players (Gerrard and Torres) both stayed as well. 2002 is a more apt comparison, but even then there are huge differences.
Alonso was probably the best and most consistent player in the league that season, he was terrific for you, the very reason you threatened the league and his link passes to Torres one of the reasons your striker was so potent, players seem to get underrated the minute they leave your establishment and over rated the minute they're linked. Remy for some reason, was being touted as the next Ian Rush by my scouse drinking partners, soon as he failed his medical he was fecking shit.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Remy for some reason, was being touted as the next Ian Rush by my scouse drinking partners, soon as he failed his medical he was fecking shit.
This definitely happened.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Alonso was probably the best and most consistent player in the league that season, he was terrific for you, the very reason you threatened the league and his link passes to Torres one of the reasons your striker was so potent, players seem to get underrated the minute they leave your establishment and over rated the minute they're linked. Remy for some reason, was being touted as the next Ian Rush by my scouse drinking partners, soon as he failed his medical he was fecking shit.
He wasn't and he certainly isn't undervalued by our supporters. He's still a massive favourite amongst many of them. The only way the Rush comparison happened was if they were drunk.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Writing Liverpool off as title winners before the season starts has been the correct call in 100% of Premier league seasons.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Your opening paragraph makes no sense at all - except maybe to you.

The second is nothing more than wishful thinking without a basis (very common on this forum when discussing Liverpool). You probably said the exact same thing the season before. That we can't possibly improve and will be fighting for 4th.
The person I actually addressed the post to seemed to understand fine. Maybe the problems with you.

If you think you can improve on 2nd, without your star player, you're seriously deluded. However well last season opened up for you. I don't think it takes a genius to work out a season without any real cup distractions, and a season your main rivals have all changed manager (Chelsea, city, us and Everton) is a colossal advantage.
One you won't have this year

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's just kind of odd that last season is being rationalised in such a way. There's such little doubt that it was the players' fault in any way. As long as Moyes can be totally blamed for the calamity we can all sleep easy.

Hmmm, no I don't because I'm not a whopper who makes grand predictions about football. What I do know is that for 12 months Liverpool's record has been rationalised in every which way on here.

Things I mostly read about why Liverpool did well:

It was Suarez...
It was those penalties...
It was a weak league...
It was Moyes...
It was United's fixtures...
It was Suarez...
It was mostly luck...
It was lucky with no injuries...
It was a freak season...
It was Liverpool's light schedule...
It was Suarez...

The only rationale that isn't consistently floated is that Liverpool are a very good team thriving under a talented manager.
Liverpool fans love facts though. Here are the facts.

You didn't have nearly as many cup games as your rivals.
Your main rivals all had new managers (Chelsea, City, Everton, United)
You've lost the massive stand out star performer of last year

Those are facts.

Opinions would also be valid that you were lucky to get a lot of the penolas you did. Lucky Suarez didn't get sent off for that embarrassing dive when on a booking. Lucky that last min handball on the line by Skrtel wasn't spotted.
Cripes, it looked like it was fate how much stuff was going for you last year.

Obviously there's a good team and system under there somewhere, but I wouldn't be overcome with optimism seeing how Gerrard and Henderson combined in the world cup, or knowing Sturridge and not Suarez is now your key man up front.

However, as we clearly have our own problems, i'll leave it there

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They won't handle Suarez leaving well but they still have a shout at the top 4 again even with the burden of CL Football on their squad.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans love facts though. Here are the facts.

You didn't have nearly as many cup games as your rivals.
Your main rivals all had new managers (Chelsea, City, Everton, United)
New managers ? Well United have one of those right now but it's being seen as the second coming and a free ticket back to greatness.

Opinions would also be valid that you were lucky to get a lot of the penolas you did. Lucky Suarez didn't get sent off for that embarrassing dive when on a booking. Lucky that last min handball on the line by Skrtel wasn't spotted.
Genuinely think the 'luck' angle is the last refuge of the rival fan. It's such a selective way of qualifying a rival's success. It picks on certain incidents but ignores others. I hate it when Liverpool fans do it and I don't buy it about Liverpool last season.

Obviously there's a good team and system under there somewhere, but I wouldn't be overcome with optimism seeing how Gerrard and Henderson combined in the world cup, or knowing Sturridge and not Suarez is now your key man up front.
Somewhere? But you're happy to identify 'luck ' as a more significant factor? Ok.

As for Henderson and Gerrard at the World Cup, totally irrelevant. If we went by 'World Cup' logic then Ronaldo is a spent force, Rooney is more miss than hit, Oscar is a flash in the pan and Mata's not good enough to start in a 'past it' Spanish team (until the dead rubber). Doing it in the league is more relevant and the most recent evidence (last season) indicates they're a good combo in the middle.

I do think Suarez is a big loss but losing Rodgers would've been worse. He's the main reason for Liverpool's change in fortunes. He's worked wonders and has instilled a very effective playing style which is why I think the team are still going to be fine.