Liverpool - 2017/18

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Strange decision from Klopp, not that I think Mignolet will be anything more than an ok keeper at his best.

This'll turn out horribly if Karius has a shocker.
Ward might actually get a chance if that's the case. About time the lad got a chance to show what he can do, he was terrific for Huddersfield last season - probably wouldn't have been promoted if not for him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There's a player that currently comes off our bench for us who's closer to Mane' level at 21 years of age, then Mane is to the players you mentioned.

He scored a lovely goal vs you lot.
I really, really do hope many people specially scouts of other teams think this way too.

We need to sub him off early before the mask drops completely. Erm, Arsenal defending and midfield are crap. Hopefully that should keep attention diverted.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Firmino is so good. He's like an Ozil who can occasionally score and also has the work rate of a Sanchez. The way he creates chance after chance is on the highest level for me. I think a front two of Alexis and Firmino would be absolutely devastating.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Firmino is so good. He's like an Ozil who can occasionally score and also has the work rate of a Sanchez. The way he creates chance after chance is on the highest level for me. I think a front two of Alexis and Firmino would be absolutely devastating.
I like him too. He just plays smart generally and has a good overall skillset.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Klopp has made them fearsome in attack. Let's hope their defence keeps holding them back from reaching the absolute top.

Mind you arsenal being shambolic helps.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Southampton fans would readily tell you Mané is world-class, absolutely unplayable, on his day but then follow it up with 3-4 games of mediocrity. To Mané's credit, he has added a great deal of consistency to his game, but there's this nagging feeling that he may not be able to sustain this current hot streak he's on. Even last season, his output belied the absolute rave reviews he was receiving from the Kop, who'd almost convince you he was Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mane, Salah and Firmino signed for around 100 million. That's great business. And the players suit the system perfectly. This annoys me.

Nero

Probably a repeat of last season where they were blowing teams away and everyone started losing their shit. January came and they turned to shit.

Rossa

Mane, Salah and Firmino signed for around 100 million. That's great business. And the players suit the system perfectly. This annoys me.
They could have won even more today, I think. I cannot remember watching a team in the PL playing as poorly as Arsenal have done today. They cannot control a ball, pass a ball or make anything happen. Monreal is a disgrace at left back, and Bellerin is woeful. Playing against Mane and Salah - sure he has recovery pace, but come on. He is downright stupid in terms of his positioning. Both fullbacks bombing forward at the same time leaving their centre backs completely exposed, and then their midfield has been shambolic as well.

Cal?

CR7 fan
They could have won even more today, I think. I cannot remember watching a team in the PL playing as poorly as Arsenal have done today. They cannot control a ball, pass a ball or make anything happen. Monreal is a disgrace at left back, and Bellerin is woeful. Playing against Mane and Salah - sure he has recovery pace, but come on. He is downright stupid in terms of his positioning. Both fullbacks bombing forward at the same time leaving their centre backs completely exposed, and then their midfield has been shambolic as well.
Arsenal today, are the worst I've seen them play since before Wenger, even when we beat them 8-2, the players didn't look so disinterested.

wr8_utd

:'(
Pity there's no Afcon this time around for Mane to disappear. Hopefully they go deep in the CL and have that distraction.

CallyRed

They look very good. Though they always look good against the top 6.
Their achilles heel has been against the midtable teams, especially at home. If they can overcome those type of games they will certainly be up there.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
What does Klopp have to do to make some people here give him credit? :confused:
We need more, our first xi is very good, but once the season sets in we're fecked in terms of depth, winning games will just gloss that over for now but any Liverpool fan who isn't deluded knows we need signings in key areas.

automaticflare

I have no doubt their defence will hold them back from a title challenge and the squad will not cope with the champions league rounds

Mane is a super player have always said it since he was at Southampton their current system suits him but the same system is also the one that leaves them. Exposed defensively

Even tho Arsenal were shite any time the ball went near their box in first half there is an air of unease there and the two keepers are shocking

TheReligion

Abusive
Hard to judge them based on today. Arsenal were absolutely dreadful and half the side didn't look bothered. A number of the goals were easily avoided.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Disinterested is the key word. They genuinely looked like they were all suffering from a serious hangover.
Wenger has clearly lost the team and Sanchez looks like he's completely fed up with it all.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
Not surprised at how well Salah is doing. He was great for us last season and he'll easily get 15-25 goals this season (barring no injury).

They're also in talks to sign Renato Sanches on loan which could be interesting. Not the best of seasons last year however perhaps Klopp could work well with him.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
We won't win the league, no way near good enough defensively. Henderson only knows one way of defending and that is to just press. We need somebody like Matic infront of our defence, somebody who doesn't leave space inbetween the lines and shuts out danger. We need a LB that you can rely on. We've needed a commanding GK for what seems like ten years. I think if you banned teams from parking the bus and banned corner kicks then we would probably win it.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm proper pissed that we let Mane go there after being so strongly linked with us.

I think Mane in our current side in place of Mata and we'd be clear favourites for the league.

Thank feck the Liverpool defence just isn't of the same quality.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Good today but let's not forget they conceded 3 at Watford and Crystal Palace should have had at least 1 at Anfield. Nothing to be that worried about yet, seems a continuation of last season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We've been linked to Lemar and Renato Sanches this evening.

Still nothing on a CB though...

IrishRedDevil

For 2 months they had tunnel vision for Keita and VVD only. Interesting that they realise there is other players they can bid on with 4 days of the window remaining.

Litch

They are like spurs, both have a formula that works and makes them difficult to play against especially at home (Wembley aside). The problem they have is there's always at least one team that's improved on last season where in general they haven't. Last season Chelsea, this could be City or Utd. Then they win nothing which leaves them vulnerable to lose either a star player or their manager.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
What does Klopp have to do to make some people here give him credit? :confused:
He deserves plenty of credit. Has restored the side to a high level after being completely mediocre when Rodgers left.

Hard to judge them based on today. Arsenal were absolutely dreadful and half the side didn't look bothered. A number of the goals were easily avoided.
:lol:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
They're looking in a much better place than they were even a week ago. If some of the players they're being linked with can be pulled off, with Coutinho being brought back into the fold, they'll have done well to salvage a mess of a window.

ZAGREB RED

Wenger is clueless, his team were the perfect opponents for Liverpool today, they could easily have scored a lot more than four. Salah looks a great signing.

montpelier

not much wrong with the attack

I like Firmino too - see him off his game a couple of times but normally a proper intelligent team footy player

plenty of legs in MF atm too - Utd giants will trample all over them obviously & they should run out of steam before the trophies are getting handed out but good to watch going forward at the moment, matching us at 4 goals a game now, :(

RedCurry

Credit where credit's due. If you give this Liverpool team about 35 yards behind the defense, they will punish you severely. They pretty much force the other teams to hoof it. Arsenal were mediocre, sure, but it was partially due to the insane pressing from Liverpool. If it weren't for Cech, the game would've been 7-0.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The last few games we've only been at 60-70%. Today was the first time the boys, specially the midfield, played to a higher percentage. Helped by Arsenal's general brain fart but Hendo, Can, Matip and Wijnaldum almost playing like last season. Shame about the international break.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We've been linked to Lemar and Renato Sanches this evening.

Still nothing on a CB though...

Think we're praying on VVD, Lemar would be excellent, curious why we're only bidding now though, Monaco will not allow their squad to be gutted further.

AshRK

Wenger and arsenal are a perfect opponent for Klopp and his football to do magic. Arsenal today were horrendous. It's sad we don't play them next month and are only playing early December. I easily expect arsenal to be much more formidable then , but I seriously hope jose doesn't play defensive and just goes for the kill.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Let's not get carried away. Our first XI is good, the defence is shaky but the rest is decent enough to compensate. The starting XI is top 4 quality, imho. But we have no squad depth bar fullbacks. Front three is irreplaceable, midfield has a midtable-level or youth backup. We need another decent CAM/CM badly. We need another CB even more, but I accepted the fact we don't get one already. VvD is not going anywhere and we're too stubborn to look for alternatives.
The only other positive I have is that we're actually fine so far without last season's starters Coutinho, Lallana and Clyne.

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
That is a very accurate and fair assessment of where we are at this moment . One or two signings could make us into a very very good side

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
We should sell Coutinho if we get Lemar. Won't happen, though.

mayurr

Supports
Liverpool
Let's not get carried away. Our first XI is good, the defence is shaky but the rest is decent enough to compensate. The starting XI is top 4 quality, imho. But we have no squad depth bar fullbacks. Front three is irreplaceable, midfield has a midtable-level or youth backup. We need another decent CAM/CM badly. We need another CB even more, but I accepted the fact we don't get one already. VvD is not going anywhere and we're too stubborn to look for alternatives.
The only other positive I have is that we're actually fine so far without last season's starters Coutinho, Lallana and Clyne.
Barring defense i dont agree with ya.

Midfield is good enough. hendo,wiji,can, milner are not just average. All 4 are good on the ball, good at passing, tackling, positional awareness you name it. they may not be extra ordinary but certainly good enough, they do the job asked by the manager, and its not like they are total knob in attack and vision. These are central midfielders if anyone is expecting them to play like coutinho or hazard then thats not their fault. Im not saying they are world beaters but you look at aresnal team today and they are dying for strong midfielders. Even one of the pundits on the show said people are over looking these players. when your team scores 13 goals in 4 games these players have to have some credit due, specially considering both the regular CAMs coutinho and lallana are out.

Substitution wise, last season we were at the top before mane left for afcon, we have addressed that problem. Todays front 3 and add coutinho and lallana to that mix and you have 5 options for that front 3 same with the midfield. Then you have studg, origi, woodburn, solanke, ings for the cups. Its a very good mix.

Its the defense and GK what is worring. I don't care if its van dijk or any other xyz, just sign a CB and that's all we need for a good competitive season