Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Well that's certainly made the group more interesting... But I'm more interested in news on Keita.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Looked lethargic tonight, probably tired from the traveling but 0 shots on target. City will blow them away this weekend if they don't wake up.

Treble

Napoli fans shitting themselves over the Liverpool match.
-They claim fullback is their weakest area and it could be a serious problem with Mane and Salah.
-The Juventus match might have broken the team psychologically so this match comes at the wrong time.
-Some even resigned to a loss suggesting Insigne,Hamsik and Callejon be rested so that they can focus on the league, Europa is a respectable trophy.

https://tifosidelnapoli.forumfree.it/m/?t=76032318
They seem happy now.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
They seem happy now.
:lol: Can't blame them. They were by far the better team, and judging on that performance & result, they must feel they've a really good chance of getting out of the group. Ancelotti is nothing if not a great cup manager.

CognitiveNeuro

lol at Liverpool. They played even worse than Man Utd.

Klopp always loses against italian teams and managers (except 1 game against Roma.)
Klopp is just dumb. Poor team selection, poor tactics and as usual awful in game management (subbing Sturridge in at the last minute and playing burning Salah, Mane and Firmino out even more...wtf?)
It's beyond obvious Salah should be dropped. What's with the constant flicks and passes to no one?

I'd guess PSG and Napoli would progress and Klopp in the Europa League again :lol:
Can't wait to see City finally draw/win at Anfield this weekend.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They are still in a comfortable position as long as they beat Crvena Zvezda twice. Napoli dropped points in Belgrade.

RooneyLegend

They've been getting away with a mediocre midfield for way to long. About time someone exposed them.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They've been getting away with a mediocre midfield for way to long. About time someone exposed them.
100%. Dominate the ball and don't let us break and it's possible to beat us. City do that but also tend to be lax at the back. Pep must learn from this game.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea

Klopp always loses against italian teams and managers (except 1 game against Roma.)
Klopp is just dumb. Poor team selection, poor tactics and as usual awful in game management (subbing Sturridge in at the last minute and playing burning Salah, Mane and Firmino out even more...wtf?)
It's beyond obvious Salah should be dropped. What's with the constant flicks and passes to no one?

I'd guess PSG and Napoli would progress and Klopp in the Europa League again :lol:
Overreaction. Napoli are a pretty solid side and Ancelotti is a great manager, I still think Liverpool will progress.

RooneyLegend

100%. Dominate the ball and don't let us break and it's possible to beat us. City do that but also tend to be lax at the back. Pep must learn from this game.
Think you guys will prey on Fernandinho's technical weaknesses and have them beat again. In order for them to beat you guys they are going to have to not try to pass through the phases as much as they do especially under pressure, but that's not in the Pep philosophy.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool

If we beat Crvena Zvezda twice we're in a good position to qualify. Napoli away is a much harder fixture than Valencia at home.

I don't know what personal problems you have with Kiopp, calling him dumb here and overrated moron in other posts, it just makes you look juvenile

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
It's way too early to write Liverpool off. A couple poor games (by their standards) doesn't mean much. Sometimes a team doesn't play well. Teams can't play well every week. I am wondering whether the pressure of expectations this season by the media/fans etc is somewhat getting to them though.

All it's been since the end of last season and the start of this season is "Liverpool need to win something this season otherwise it's a failure" and "Can Salah replicate last season?" "The title is between City and Liverpool" etc, etc. For a team of players who don't have the experience of winning trophies, it makes you wonder whether pressure will get to them. However, like I said, it's way too early to say they won't do this or won't do that.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's way too early to write Liverpool off. A couple poor games (by their standards) doesn't mean much. Sometimes a team doesn't play well. Teams can't play well every week. I am wondering whether the pressure of expectations this season by the media/fans etc is somewhat getting to them though.

All it's been since the end of last season and the start of this season is "Liverpool need to win something this season otherwise it's a failure" and "Can Salah replicate last season?" "The title is between City and Liverpool" etc, etc. For a team of players who don't have the experience of winning trophies, it makes you wonder whether pressure will get to them. However, like I said, it's way too early to say they won't do this or won't do that.
I don’t even know why it’s considered a couple of poor games. We didn’t play badly in either of the games against Chelsea.

CognitiveNeuro

If we beat Crvena Zvezda twice we're in a good position to qualify. Napoli away is a much harder fixture than Valencia at home.

I don't know what personal problems you have with Kiopp, calling him dumb here and overrated moron in other posts, it just makes you look juvenile
and it makes it look really weird that the word "juvenile" was used multiple times across different threads. He is dumb compared to managers like Allegri and Ancelotti and Zidane. Your excuses and deflections aren't going to change that. Klopp can make a wonderful system based on fitness, athleticism, pace and stamina and high technical attacking quality but he has no plan B. He has no sense of in game management. Time and time again, intelligent managers figure him out and come out better in the second half (Look at almost all the finals he's been involved in namely the CL and Europa League Final.

There is no personal problem. There is an issue with you and seeing something objectively. I know the in thing right now for astroturfers and the media is to praise Klopp but he has weaknesses and I believe it is ok in discussing it. He is nowhere near the level of managers like Allegri and Simeone.

Also you firstly have to beat Red Star twice. Easier said than done...and after today's result, Napoli definitely believe that they will progress so it will be an interesting game between Liverpool and Napoli at Anfield.

Overreaction. Napoli are a pretty solid side and Ancelotti is a great manager, I still think Liverpool will progress.
I feel Napoli will get something in the last game at Anfield. Their manager will help them get at least 1 point. If it's enough to get them through I'm not sure but winning tonight definitely helped them a lot.

Last edited:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
and it makes it look really weird that the word "juvenile" was used multiple times across different threads. He is dumb compared to managers like Allegri and Ancelotti and Zidane. Your excuses and deflections aren't going to change that. Klopp can make a wonderful system based on fitness, athleticism, pace and stamina and high technical attacking quality but he has no plan B. He has no sense of in game management. Time and time again, intelligent managers figure him out and come out better in the second half (Look at almost all the finals he's been involved in namely the CL and Europa League Final.

There is no personal problem. There is an issue with you and seeing something objectively. I know the in thing right now for astroturfers and the media is to praise Klopp but he has weaknesses and I believe it is ok in discussing it. He is nowhere near the level of managers like Allegri and Simeone.

Also you firstly have to beat Red Star twice. Easier said than done...and after today's result, Napoli definitely believe that they will progress.
When was the last time Klopp came up against Allegri? We beat PSG, shouldn’t we be entitled to think that we’ve got a good chance of going through?

You’re right though, after one game of football (with PSG twice and a trip to Anfield coming up) Napoli will definitely think that they’re going through now.

CognitiveNeuro

When was the last time Klopp came up against Allegri? We beat PSG, shouldn’t we be entitled to think that we’ve got a good chance of going through?

You’re right though, after one game of football (with PSG twice and a trip to Anfield coming up) Napoli will definitely think that they’re going through now.
It was a long time ago I believe in 2014. Nevertheless, it's kind of surprising when I researched his record against italian managers and clubs though.

Record against italian managers : 4 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses.

Allegri - 2 losses
Trapattoni - 1 loss
Pasquale - 2 losses
Sarri - 1 draw, 1 loss
Ancelotti - 1 win, 2 losses
Conte - 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss
Ranieri - 2 wins, 1 loss

Record against italian clubs : 2 wins, 7 losses.

Juventus - 2 losses
Udinese - 2 losses
Napoli - 1 win, 2 losses
Roma - 1 win, 1 loss

Also just because you beat PSG doesn't mean you are going through. I'm pretty sure Napoli are confident that they can pull something off at Anfield and go through

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
It was a long time ago I believe in 2014. Nevertheless, it's kind of surprising when I researched his record against italian managers and clubs though.

Record against italian managers : 4 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses.

Allegri - 2 losses
Trapattoni - 1 loss
Pasquale - 2 losses
Sarri - 1 draw, 1 loss
Ancelotti - 1 win, 2 losses
Conte - 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss
Ranieri - 2 wins, 1 loss

Record against italian clubs : 2 wins, 7 losses.

Juventus - 2 losses
Udinese - 2 losses
Napoli - 1 win, 2 losses
Roma - 1 win, 1 loss

Also just because you beat PSG doesn't mean you are going through. I'm pretty sure Napoli are confident that they can pull something off at Anfield and go through
I don’t really understand what your point is or why that record makes him a moron? Guardiola’s record against Klopp in England is pretty poor. Does that make Guardiola a moron?

Just because Napoli beat us tonight doesn’t mean they’re going through either? How have you come to the conclusion that Napoli are going to knock us out and will be confident of doing so? We don’t lose many home games and we don’t play as badly as we did tonight very often. You’re guessing based on one game of football (which you may or may not have watched).

CognitiveNeuro

I don’t really understand what your point is or why that record makes him a moron? Guardiola’s record against Klopp in England is pretty poor. Does that make Guardiola a moron?

Just because Napoli beat us tonight doesn’t mean they’re going through either? How have you come to the conclusion that Napoli are going to knock us out and will be confident of doing so? We don’t lose many home games and we don’t play as badly as we did tonight very often. You’re guessing based on one game of football (which you may or may not have watched).
Guardiola won multiple La Ligas and CLs and beat the record for the PL with 100 points. He is not a moron. Klopp hasn't won much compared to Guardiola. Moron is a strong word but he is not the smartest. Even Klopp literally admitted that Ancelotti is smarter than him by the way. Klopp is dumb when it comes to tactics. He has one way of playing and no plan B (just a little bit of tweaking.) Today he got everything wrong. Maybe listen to his post match interview. He goes on about how he got it wrong.

You said "Just because Napoli beat us tonight doesn’t mean they’re going through either? How have you come to the conclusion that Napoli are going to knock us out and will be confident of doing so? We don’t lose many home games and we don’t play as badly as we did tonight very often. You’re guessing based on one game of football (which you may or may not have watched)."

Now whoever said for certain that Napoli is going through? I THINK Napoli will go through because I believe they will get something at Anfield because Ancelotti is a better and smarter coach than Klopp. Look at today for example. Klopp spent so much on his squad but Ancelotti outwit him. No one can say for certain who will go through.

and for the comment "You’re guessing based on one game of football (which you may or may not have watched)."
Klopp didn't lose one game like this. He lost many games not to mention many finals where he couldn't figure out what was going on and failed to adapt and subsequently lost it in the second half. By the way, Klopp admitted in his post match interview that he got his tactics wrong. I believe Napoli will snatch something at Anfield and it may be enough for them to go through the second round.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Now whoever said for certain that Napoli is going through? I THINK Napoli will go through because I believe they will get something at Anfield because Ancelotti is a better and smarter coach than Klopp. Look at today for example. Klopp spent so much on his squad but Ancelotti outwit him.
So when Klopp's dortmund beat Ancelotti's madrid, did it make klopp better and smarter than ancelotti? How simplistic.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
They seem happy now.
Yeah. By all accounts they were well worth their win. I only saw glimpses of the match from a strip club. Was already pretty drunk when the match started but remember being suprised at the team selection. Expected Sturridge and Shaqiri to start.

Think if I was offered a draw vs City I'd be very tempted to take it, but it's the type of match that will make you raise your level and get the team to its best. The 5 nil thrashing last season was an important result psychologically for City. A top performance from us could work out the same way.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
I think last night, for whatever reason, was a result of the tough matches coming thick and fast. Spurs, PSG, Chelsea X2, Napoli, and finally City is a hell of a run of games. Very poor performance but still in good shape groupwise thanks to Napoli not winning in Red Star.

Sunday is important in terms of not losing. Be great to win but the last thing we need is for City to open up a gap. As last season showed they're fantastic front runners and may well run away with it again with a win at Anfield.

After the international break our fixture list is much better. A run of Huddersfield (A), Cardiff (H), Red Star X2, and Fulham (H). Only a trip to Arsenal will be the 1 game where we might be expected to not win, though even then I'd imagine we'll be favourites. Would imagine we'll see some squad rotation amongst those games to refresh some players ahead of the traditional busy December/Xmas/New Year period.

Treble

The question is whether Liverpool will have enough energy against City. Think they ran a lot vs Chelsea. Last night they covered 113 km which is quite decent too. Against City more will be needed though. Good for them that City have injury problems.

Josh 76

This is hilarious from Liverpool fans. I can't believe what I'm reading. So you lost a game, big deal. I don't care how great you are and what you have won, losing in the last minute of a game hurts. Even in our glory days at Utd, when we lost, the over analytic fans all came out. I can even remember fans saying Fergie has past it on some occasions, after a run of two games without a win.

So you had a bad day at the office. Get over it. All this about Klopp not having a plan B and comparing his record to Italian managers in the last few years is so funny.

This is football. You have highs and you have lows. You score a goal in the last minute on Saturday and the treble is on, you concede a goal in the last minute last night and now you are the biggest bottlers ever. All I can say is enjoy the ride, it's not going to be plain sailing, but you lot will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This is hilarious from Liverpool fans. I can't believe what I'm reading. So you lost a game, big deal.
It's the United fans who are making a big deal out of it, not us :lol: These things happen indeed, the game came at a bad time for us since almost all of our players seemed to be thinking about Sunday already. We were slow, reactive and not our usual self - make no mistake we deserved to lose yesterday. Still, I'd rather lose away to Napoli than draw 0-0 at home to Valencia, especially given the circumstances, what with us having won against PSG and it being likely that you'll need a result at the Mestalla now.

All the overreaction from United fans in here just shows how desperate you are to see Liverpool fail or even entirely fall of a cliff just like you are currently doing, not trying to have a go at yous but that's really how it feels to me. The Liverpool-related threads get bumped like crazy when we lose a game recently, whereas it used to be "they lost who cares they lose all the time". Some fans look like all they care about is us not winning anything since your season is halfway down the drain.

As for yesterday, just take it on the chin and move on, these things will happen. Beat Zagreb twice and I'm very confident we'll go through. Our focus should be on Sunday now which is one of the most important games of the season for us.

Vadim

I've just read this on a Liverpool forum after the defeat to Napoli -

We could do with the pressure being off us
It's such a Liverpool fan thing to say these days. This is the issue with them and it spreads throughout the fanbase, to the team, to the manager. They simply can't handle it when there is an important trophy up for grabs. There is something so very Spurs about Liverpool except the latter has no excuses to make now, they can no longer blame their owners or the weather or United's offside goal for their failings - they've spent a fortune on new players.

I like watching this current Liverpool side when they're on song. Klopp is a cheesey, hypocrite of a man but most head coaches are. Yes he's a one trick pony but his style is perfect for the Premier League's 'up-and-at-them' style.

However, they're still a long way off Man City and even Chelsea who both have players and fanbases with the mentality and experience of winning the big prizes. A lot of the modern day Liverpool fans and even players probably can't remember the last time Liverpool won the league.

Josh 76

It's the United fans who are making a big deal out of it, not us :lol: These things happen indeed, the game came at a bad time for us since almost all of our players seemed to be thinking about Sunday already. We were slow, reactive and not our usual self - make no mistake we deserved to lose yesterday. Still, I'd rather lose away to Napoli than draw 0-0 at home to Valencia, especially given the circumstances, what with us having won against PSG and it being likely that you'll need a result at the Mestalla now.

All the overreaction from United fans in here just shows how desperate you are to see Liverpool fail or even entirely fall of a cliff just like you are currently doing, not trying to have a go at yous but that's really how it feels to me. The Liverpool-related threads get bumped like crazy when we lose a game recently, whereas it used to be "they lost who cares they lose all the time". Some fans look like all they care about is us not winning anything since your season is halfway down the drain.

As for yesterday, just take it on the chin and move on, these things will happen. Beat Zagreb twice and I'm very confident we'll go through. Our focus should be on Sunday now which is one of the most important games of the season for us.
Of course it's true that all Utd fans want Liverpool to fail. Isn't this normal. I'm sure you guys wanted Utd to fail for the last 30 years. I personally think, Utd fans want Liverpool to fail even more because the media have hyped this team and manager as the greatest ever. It's getting a bit annoying. Yesterday on BT sport, that Humphreys fella was concerned how this defeat might affect Liverpool on Sunday and wanted reassurance from Owen and Mcmanaman that all will be ok. Then you have Sounesss saying this Liverpool team could match any team of any era. What a pathetic statement. At least we at Utd backed our statements with great football and trophies.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Of course it's true that all Utd fans want Liverpool to fail. Isn't this normal.
Of course mate, just think you wouldn't care, or certainly care less about us if you were still as good and successfull as you used to be.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Horrendous game yesterday on all accounts. Not only did we lose, which in itself isn't a disaster away at Napoli, but the manner we did it in was grim. Not a shot on target I think. Makes me a little nervous about sunday.

Must be said that Napoli were playing some nice stuff, though. Their high pressure gave us no room to breathe for the entire match.

Treble

I'm sure Liverpool fans didn't expect such a performance though. The best defence in England conceded many chances in the second half and the best front three in the world did not have a shot on target.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm sure Liverpool fans didn't expect such a performance though. The best defence in England conceded many chances in the second half and the best front three in the world did not have a shot on target.
According to Liverpool fans or in your opinion?

Robbie Boy

Nowhere near as good as they are made out to be and I would be surprised if they didn't start to decline in a few months.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
No we didn't, and we were right not to based on recent performances. It was an anomaly rather than the norm in my opinion, down to multiple circumstances. It happens.

Josh 76

Of course mate, just think you wouldn't care, or certainly care less about us if you were still as good and successfull as you used to be.
I think it all depends on how old you are. I'm 42 and during my childhood and school years, you guys were wining everything and we were crap. Going to school was a nightmare. All my friends were Liverpool fans, my neighbours were Liverpool fans and even some of my family were Liverpool fans. So as you can imagine, it was a horrible childhood. I've always hated Liverpool. It's very sad, but I use to check Liverpool results before Utd results just to make sure they lost.

But if you ask 25 or 30 year olds, they may have a different opinion. But for me, I hate Liverpool more than I support Utd. I know it's sad. But it's just the way I feel.

Speedicut75

I'd like to come on here and make disparaging noises about Liverpool & Kloop, etc, but after our own execrable performances, demeanor, and all round crapness I've even lost the will to celebrate a hated opponent's misfortune. Damn you Jose, I can't even indulge in a bit of petty schadenfreude any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.