Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
Yes, having agreed to sell Courtinho in 6 months. The deal was done the previous summer.
No mate it wasn't, the board made the money available for VVD in the Summer, before Barcelona bid for Coutinho, at that point LFC had no intention of selling Coutinho. the deal was done in January after LFC had turned down previous bids.

automaticflare

No mate it wasn't, the board made the money available for VVD in the Summer, before Barcelona bid for Coutinho, at that point LFC had no intention of selling Coutinho. the deal was done in January after LFC had turned down previous bids.
Negatory. No way they stump it up they had already agreed to sell continho

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
Negatory. No way they stump it up they had already agreed to sell continho
I'm sorry but your wrong. Barcelona put there first bid in at the beginning of January, Liverpool turned that bid and second bid down before accepting Barcelona's third bid. Barcelona made it clear they wanted him in the Summer but Liverpool had no intention of selling him but we all accepted that he would go the following Summer but Barcelona then made us an offer we couldn't refuse in January.

Last edited:

Josh 76

I'm sorry but your wrong. Barcelona put there first bid in at the beginning of January, Liverpool turned that bid and second bid down before accepting Barcelona's third bid. Barcelona made it clear they wanted him in the Summer but Liverpool had no intention of selling him but we all accepted that he would go the following Summer but Barcelona then made us an offer we couldn't refuse in January.
Think you just answered your own question mate.
"We all knew he would go the following summer".
That's the time you bid for VVD (50m) knowing you were getting money for Courtino.
But when Barca came back in Jan with more money, you lot increased your bid to 75m for VVD.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
let's be honest boards aren't exactly daft. rodgers was never a permanent manager. they were always gunne replace him. they trust klopp with big cash. they like what they see. they see progress. that is why klopp never got sacked.

if they like what they see then they will back up up with cash

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Maybe as a Liverpool fan you could actually check the facts before you have a dig at one of our players, he didn't say we can go unbeaten all season, his actual words were "Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season," and personally i see nothing wrong with that at all.
We both know he’s got a habit of coming out with silly statements then follows it up with a nightmare performance.

He’s been better under Klopp but he’s still capable of having a mare.

Being a Liverpool fan doesn’t stop me from calling out needless statements from one of our own.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
let's be honest boards aren't exactly daft. rodgers was never a permanent manager. they were always gunne replace him. they trust klopp with big cash. they like what they see. they see progress. that is why klopp never got sacked.

What...? Yes he was. Are you trying to use hindsight to show that FSG were/are some all-knowing beings that were in control the entire time?

Just as Poch was identified by Spurs after over-performing with a lesser squad, so was Rodgers. Rodgers didn't work out as well in the end, but still, I can't believe that his appointment was anything other than a permanent one - A gamble on a young British manager who'd shown some talent elsewhere.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Shaqiri coming out this morning saying his goals got Mourinho sacked is disgusting but I expect nothing better from that club. Hope they fall on their face and miss out on the title.

Snash93

Supports
Liverpool
Brendan was FSG's first proper choice of manager, young with potential and a long-term solution. They gave him a new contract after we finished second with him and things looked rosy. Only after losing Suarez and signing average players did they see he was underachieving. They still gave him another transfer window to sort with big money spent on Benteke, Firmino etc. but the start of 15/16 season was still poor like the previous season hence the change of manager. Under Klopp, we've been progressing every season and if that was all of a sudden to stop and we regress in the next couple of seasons, the owners would find someone new like any other owners would do.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Shaqiri coming out this morning saying his goals got Mourinho sacked is disgusting but I expect nothing better from that club. Hope they fall on their face and miss out on the title.
I would worry that a stupid statement like that would see a reprisal from United players at Old Trafford but to be honest I think most of them wanted Mou sacked too!

Coxy

What a wanker.
What you on about?? Talk about overreacting...

"I had a lot of messages from my friends when it happened," Shaqiri said in an interview with The Guardian.

"There were a lot of good messages about the United game at first and then, when the news came out about Mourinho, I had messages saying: 'That's your fault!' But this is football sometimes

Friends have joked with Shaqiri that he got Jose Mourinho sacked

"I don't think it was just because we won that game that United wanted to change their manager.

"There were other reasons but it means the game goes down in history. It will always be in my history too."

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Rodgers was never a permanent manager?

He was there for over three seasons, and was given over £250 million to spend on new players. In what way was he never a permanent manager?

Ban

"I had a lot of messages from my friends when it happened," Shaqiri said in an interview with The Guardian.

"There were a lot of good messages about the United game at first and then, when the news came out about Mourinho, I had messages saying: 'That's your fault!' But this is football sometimes

"I don't think it was just because we won that game that United wanted to change their manager.

"There were other reasons but it means the game goes down in history. It will always be in my history too."
He's still a wanker.

T A

Will win PL this season. Hope any fecking team could break their unbeaten run in festive period though

BlueHaze

Wolves away is a tough game for anyone and even so I think Liverpool will win comfortably.

dino76m

Supports
liverpool
Rodgers was never a permanent manager?

He was there for over three seasons, and was given over £250 million to spend on new players. In what way was he never a permanent manager?
The following season after we finished second, we didnt get top 4 finish. That , coupled with some signings poor performance and his ego getting the better of him (he left his first wife to go after some super model). Klopp becoming available led to him getting sacked.

I think FSG were into him for the long haul but like I said, his head became too big for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Was a total lack of class. But Shaqiri has always been that way.

And you don’t think these quotes are not disrespectful? You don’t think we could of done without hearing that? Are you a Liverpool supporter pal? Your on the wrong website for this!

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
And you don’t think these quotes are not disrespectful? You don’t think we could of done without hearing that? Are you a Liverpool supporter pal? Your on the wrong website for this!
What's disrespectful about those quotes? Is he wrong? Purposely malicious? I can't see much of anything.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What's disrespectful about those quotes? Is he wrong? Purposely malicious? I can't see much of anything.
It's obvious that Shaqiri like everyone else in the media is out to pursue his ABU agenda and stick the knife in. It is certainly not the fans who are looking for material to read into.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
The following season after we finished second, we didnt get top 4 finish. That , coupled with some signings poor performance and his ego getting the better of him (he left his first wife to go after some super model). Klopp becoming available led to him getting sacked.

I think FSG were into him for the long haul but like I said, his head became too big for him.
they were never gunna gove rodgers time is what i mean. all the other managers they really wanted were tied up in heavy contracts. rodgers was just "avaliable".

kenny dalglish would proably have brought some magic back but he was just intern manager.... does not want to manage anymore

heck it was probably him that signed suárez firmino. henderson.......

Last edited:
I'm a Utd fan. There's nothing wrong with what Shaquiri said - he's a Liverpool player and he just scored 2 goals to win the Derby.

I don't like him gloating, but that's because I don't like loosing to Liverpool, and giving them the opportunity to run it in - if it was the other way round I would like our players to gloat - that's rivalry. It's not a game that will go down in history mind, Jose was dead man walking.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
I'm a Utd fan. There's nothing wrong with what Shaquiri said - he's a Liverpool player and he just scored 2 goals to win the Derby.

I don't like him gloating, but that's because I don't like loosing to Liverpool, and giving them the opportunity to run it in - if it was the other way round I would like our players to gloat - that's rivalry. It's not a game that will go down in history mind, Jose was dead man walking.
Yeah. History is a bit too strong a word. He probably meant that it will be a sort of marker - in a way that people usually remember if the last game of a manager sacked mid-season is notable. Mourinho's exit from Chelsea came after losing to Ranieri's Leicester I think. And Mourinho was the one who replaced Ranieri at Chelsea.
I think Rodgers was also sacked after the Merseyside derby.

Coxy

He was not disrespectful. Just because it’s liverpool doesn’t mean everyone should act like children in here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
My disillusionment under Mourinho made me forget how much I hate them. They're having a joke of a season. 48 points from the first 18 games has to be close to the record.

Mindhunter

My disillusionment under Mourinho made me forget how much I hate them. They're having a joke of a season. 48 points from the first 18 games has to be close to the record.
True, and 7 goals conceded is a great record. Unbelievable really how their defense has improved this season.

El Zoido

They’re going to win the league. Better than City this season. Only silver lining is that I don’t think they’ll turn it in to a domination.

ctp

City had 52 last season.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
it's just liverpool's season. they are getting luck along the way, too. however they got arsenal on the 29th and city after that. a potential win and a draw

as a united fan it must be irritating to see them win all the time

they will score 3 or 4 against newcastle, beat arsenal, and probably get a draw versus city.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
They’re going to win the league. Better than City this season. Only silver lining is that I don’t think they’ll turn it in to a domination.
I don't think they are better than City. They seem to be cruising through games in a way, but also constantly look they're going to concede. They somehow don't though. They're a big confidence team so hopefully a knock to that will unsettle them for long enough. If Wolves were more clinical it would've been a draw.

Mick321

They score a good amount and are exceptional defensively, that's an annoyingly good combination. I still think the squad strength will tell in the end when City can change their entire front 3/4 after a tough CL knockout game and still win whereas Liverpool maybe cant. But they had a group of death in the CL and are top so I don't know. Grim watching these two battle for the league.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They will still finish below City in the end, quite comfortably I think. City’s depth will prevail in the end, I really do not expect them to drop many points between now and the end of season and CL resuming in February won’t matter that much for them because they are virtually able to field two teams. City are able to rest Aguero, Silva, Sterling and Sane and still field a team with Jesus, Bernardo, Mahrez and Gundogan. That’s madness.

They will probably reach their highest points total ever in Premier League though.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Thank God Wijnaldum got a rest this game. Robertson is due a break so Moreno is probably going to play at least one league game. :( Probably Newcastle.

Milner, Gini and Hendo should be fairly fresh and Lallana and Shaqiri to chip in. Not sure how we're going to rotate or front players though. Not sure I want to see Sturridge or Origi.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Thank God Wijnaldum got a rest this game. Robertson is due a break so Moreno is probably going to play at least one league game. :( Probably Newcastle.

Milner, Gini and Hendo should be fairly fresh and Lallana and Shaqiri to chip in. Not sure how we're going to rotate or front players though. Not sure I want to see Sturridge or Origi.
Watch Moreno do some dumb shit as usual.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

You should get someone like Cresswell as a backup left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.