Liverpool 2018/19

By how many points will Liverpool win the title this season?

Votes: 100 52.9%
  • Oof

Votes: 89 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's been shown in the past that it doesn't matter who lines up in this game, it's a toss of the coin a lot of the time.
One thing is for sure though, it's actually going to be an entertaining game for the first time in a while. Ole won't set up defensively and we will certainly be going for the win so it should be a good game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's been shown in the past that it doesn't matter who lines up in this game, it's a toss of the coin a lot of the time.
One thing is for sure though, it's actually going to be an entertaining game for the first time in a while. Ole won't set up defensively and we will certainly be going for the win so it should be a good game.
Not sure it'll be all that entertaining with the likes of Lukaku and Sanchez playing. Ole might be an attacking manager but having to play those two and/or Mata, he'll have to alter the system so I don't expect it to be pretty.

I draw is the best I can hope for (for us). But even that seems a long shot now. If we don't take the lead I can see this being a comfy win for Liverpool.

jeolousonesstayenvious

Supports
Liverpool
Predictions for Sunday's game?

Personally, I think United are going to win it by the relatively comfortable scoreline of 3-1 (Rashford hattrick) (Salah dive + penalty conversion)

Merseyside will be in mourning. Manchester (Stockport and Didsbury included) will be celebrating.

Goodtimes.
Predictions for Sunday's game?

Personally, I think United are going to win it by the relatively comfortable scoreline of 3-1 (Rashford hattrick) (Salah dive + penalty conversion)

Merseyside will be in mourning. Manchester (Stockport and Didsbury included) will be celebrating.

Goodtimes.
I love the enthusiasm my brother, unfortunately the victory will be in the hands of players. Liverpool have the better players, hence they might spank man united. #free smoke, any one can get it

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: Sure thing.

He hasn't lost form IMO. He has either regressed and is finished at the top level (most likely) or is in a terrible rut. Either way he isn't springing out of it suddenly and most likely won't seriously do so with us.
I have witnessed too much from united to think they wont produce for this game. Diego Fecking Forlan springs to mind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have witnessed too much from united to think they wont produce for this game. Diego Fecking Forlan springs to mind.
We could produce. Our record at home against you is good. If that happens it'll be jammy stuff though. Hard to see somebody like Alexis suddenly performing though. He's a nothing player these days. I would have expected a positive result had Martial and Lingard been available. They've been crucial to our attack minded approach.

Right now I think it'll take your lot under performing for us to win this one.

willhse456

Would we prefer Liverpool winning the title or City winning the treble? I know its a horrible question, but I really don't know. I like the fact that we're the only team that has won the treble, and I think City have a very good chance of winning the league and FA Cup, with a decent chance in the Champions League if they get a nice draw like Liverpool did last season.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Would we prefer Liverpool winning the title or City winning the treble? I know its a horrible question, but I really don't know. I like the fact that we're the only team that has won the treble, and I think City have a very good chance of winning the league and FA Cup, with a decent chance in the Champions League if they get a nice draw like Liverpool did last season.
City for the title.

Let Juve or Barca take care of the CL

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I feel City will win at least 2 trophies this season, but I'm backing them for a treble. Will it be the perfect treble? I'm not so sure, but we'll see...

Moriarty

City for the title.

Let Juve or Barca take care of the CL
That 6-0 battering of Chelsea will, I think, propel City to the title. I think it's Juve's year for the European Cup. Imagine if PSG played them in the final and Buffon was in the team. That would be a proper sickener.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
That 6-0 battering of Chelsea will, I think, propel City to the title. I think it's Juve's year for the European Cup. Imagine if PSG played them in the final and Buffon was in the team. That would be a proper sickener.
I think Juve will be lucky to make it through this round right now, never mind win the tournament. What a tie that'll be, though!

Cal?

CR7 fan
It’s almost too cruel if that happens and Ronaldo scores his usual goal(s) against Buffon

Stookie

Nurse bell end
So which is the lesser of the two evils... City getting the quad or Liverpool winning the league? If you HAD to pick one?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So which is the lesser of the two evils... City getting the quad or Liverpool winning the league? If you HAD to pick one?
I would rather be violated by Neil Warnock.

Edinburgh

Supports
Man City
Nobody cares if you win the league because Manchester City's fanbase in England consists of 5 men and a dog. I've never met a City fan despite the fact I've met fans of clubs from all tiers of English football.

Perhaps in 5-10 years when the glory hunters grow up, you'll be annoying, but for now aside for the fact you have disgusting owners you're just a very good side who play great football and don't really have enough fans to irritate anybody.
I assume you are housebound? When was the last time Tottenham averaged more than Man City apart from last season because of Wembley (and even this season with a bigger capacity your average is down). Such a ludicrous comment from a team which also has collected a total of TWO league titles in its entire history and has less domestic trophies than City. But yep, City are a small team and Spurs are “huge”

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I assume you are housebound? When was the last time Tottenham averaged more than Man City apart from last season because of Wembley (and even this season with a bigger capacity your average is down). Such a ludicrous comment from a team which also has collected a total of TWO league titles in its entire history and has less domestic trophies than City. But yep, City are a small team and Spurs are “huge”
You have titles/cups because your owners are a bunch of modern slave drivers who shouldn't even be allowed in the country.

We're not a huge club and if we won the league not many would care as a result of that, aside from arsenal/chelsea fans. All I did was explain why people don't care if City win the league, because you're not some big hated club like Liverpool or United, and never will be. You never earned your success either, so who really cares? Everybody knows you buy your titles and trophies so it doesn't really matter. About as plastic as it gets.

croadyman

You have titles/cups because your owners are a bunch of modern slave drivers who shouldn't even be allowed in the country.

We're not a huge club and if we won the league not many would care as a result of that, aside from arsenal/chelsea fans. All I did was explain why people don't care if City win the league, because you're not some big hated club like Liverpool or United, and never will be. You never earned your success either, so who really cares? Everybody knows you buy your titles and trophies so it doesn't really matter. About as plastic as it gets.
Would only like you to win it because my dad is an avid Spurs fans who has had years of seeing us win everything

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Firmino out with a virus
Nah, he wasn't training with the group yesterday to prevent the virus from spreading. It was reported late last night that we are expecting him to suit up and nothing has come out since then.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Why do Liverpool supporters continually get so tetchy when it’s brought up how shit they are after extended breaks (internationals, domestic cup weekends after they’ve been dumped out early - again) when there’s irrefutable proof this happens to be the case? They were gash again tonight after having an extended break and a lot of time to focus on a single fixture. It’s been their undoing for as long as I can remember yet the Liverpool supporters, as barmy as they are, appear to love getting knocked out of ‘easier’ domestic cups to focus on ‘bigger honours’ yet paradoxically, it adversely affects them every single year.

I had this debate again with a few Scouse posters here in recent weeks and all were steadfast that having the longer breaks would suit them. Liverpool fans, eh?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Why do Liverpool supporters continually get so tetchy when it’s brought up how shit they are after extended breaks (internationals, domestic cup weekends after they’ve been dumped out early - again) when there’s irrefutable proof this happens to be the case? They were gash again tonight after having an extended break and a lot of time to focus on a single fixture. It’s been their undoing for as long as I can remember yet the Liverpool supporters, as barmy as they are, appear to love getting knocked out of ‘easier’ domestic cups to focus on ‘bigger honours’ yet paradoxically, it adversely affects them every single year.

I had this debate again with a few Scouse posters here in recent weeks and all were steadfast that having the longer breaks would suit them. Liverpool fans, eh?
I’m not sure the international break point is accurate? I think we’ve done ok after they’ve finished this season.

The warm weather training thing seems to bite us in the arse but I thought we were decent tonight. Wasteful in the final third and a bit sloppy in our own half early on.

I think Klopp decides to rotate for the cups to try and prevent a burnout. It’s his gamble to make. If we win the league no one will care, but if we win nothing again he’ll get blasted for it.

jeolousonesstayenvious

Supports
Liverpool
The failure to release the through ball at first instance, is the reason we did not destroy Bayern today. Too many players dwelling on the ball, Klopp should consider Harry Wilson and Woodburn as prime off the bench prospects next season instead of Origi.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
The failure to release the through ball at first instance, is the reason we did not destroy Bayern today. Too many players dwelling on the ball, Klopp should consider Harry Wilson and Woodburn as prime off the bench prospects next season instead of Origi.
Origi was the 'flavor of the world cup' when we got him. He hasn't show anything to show he's made the grade to the EPL. Maybe if he plays regularly, but he's got to leave LFC for that.

Giggs86

I don't really care about city, anyone but liverpool for me.

And City ain't winning no quad, they'll do with the title and the league cup. We'll win the FA.

jeolousonesstayenvious

Supports
Liverpool
Origi was the 'flavor of the world cup' when we got him. He hasn't show anything to show he's made the grade to the EPL. Maybe if he plays regularly, but he's got to leave LFC for that.

I agree he should go to a team like Cardiff, perhaps he can revive his career there.

Status
Not open for further replies.