Liverpool 2020-21

acnumber9

Just when they thought they were the best team in the world again.

DelPotro

What has happened to them this season? I know they have lost some players, but they are on course to drop 30 points on last season. On course for only 69 points from 99 last season. I expected them to get less than 99, but this is awful.

It's like they can't keep up a press anymore. Their players are completely off. Even Mane doesn't look all that great at the moment.
The same thing happened to City last season. They lost a key CB. Defence became shaky and teams started to take advantage of them instead of thinking they've lost before the match began. Momentum is a big thing in sports.

Chairman Steve

Have they just adopted the approach of our first half of the season in looking ass at home and good away?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Spoiler alert: They were never that good in the first place.

A perfect storm of a mature XI peaking simultaneously, no injuries to speak of, beneficiaries of insane good fortune with opponent mistakes gifting them inexplicable goals, favourable officiating... absolutely anything that could have went their way, did so, and for an unprecedented amount of time in football terms (nigh-on three seasons).

Thankfully, the chickens are coming home to roost now and it’s beautiful to witness. The most unbearable football club in world football getting taken down a deserved peg or two. You love to see it.
This is totally true. I mean it doesn't negate that they were a very good team, they were, but it was mostly very good game management, a relatively uncompetitive season and all the factors you've mentioned lining up for the picture to be slightly skewed. I'm surprised they're so meek this year, but not flabbergasted either.

vodrake

This team was apparently going to dominate world football for a generation

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Turning into a rather embarrassing title defence

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
This team was apparently going to dominate world football for a generation
I would just settle for champions league number 7 this season to be honest. :(

Thankfully it's the only place we don't have to meet Burnley, Southampton and Brighton every week.

Member 101269

I cannot believe the commentators were saying Liverpool were on the up after 1 win in 5, only to lose again

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
In all seriousness it must be a helluva comedown to go from coasting to another title uncontested at Christmas to worrying about finishing top four.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
probably 30 years until they win there next title:smirk:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In all seriousness it must be a helluva comedown to go from coasting to the title uncontested at Christmas to worrying about finishing top four.
It's a bit of a bastard. But is it really unexpected with the injuries?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City, Leicester, Everton in their next 3.
Bit of champions league mixed in too.

We need to boot this 4 point lead up over the next 3.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's a bit of a bastard. But is it really unexpected with the injuries?
Yeah I agree. I posted at the beginning of the season that we wouldn't end up on 90+ points this year even without the injuries.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
30 years without a title and they couldn't celebrate it.

No longer champions by the time we are back in.

What a silver lining of this shit show. Warms my heart.

Judas

Open to offers
Replicating last season was always going to be impossible, throw in the ridiculous schedule and the injuries, it's not a massive surprise it's not going too smoothly. Mentally and physically they look jaded.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
City, Leicester, Everton in their next 3.
Bit of champions league mixed in too.

We need to boot this 4 point lead up over the next 3.
I am feeling generous, so they can win against City and lose the other 2. ;)

shaky

Replicating last season was always going to be impossible, throw in the ridiculous schedule and the injuries, it's not a massive surprise it's not going too smoothly. Mentally and physically they look jaded.
I thought they were mentality monsters?

GlasgowCeltic

I still couldn't confidently predict anyone to knock them out the CL over two legs though if the keeper the front three and Fabinho are fit

tomaldinho1

Waited thirty years to win the PL*

Everton can go above them, we're above them, their ex manager is above them...could we see a meltdown soon

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Surely all their eggs go in the Champions League basket now? Would love if energy drink knocked them out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Shows the mental side of football more than anything.

Liverpool had aura for so long at Anfield. Complete mess up and draw the West Brom game and they haven't won or even scored a goal at Anfield since.

Never undestimate it. Once you lose something it's tricky to get it back over a short period.

GlasgowCeltic

Shows the mental side of football more than anything.

Liverpool had aura for so long at Anfield. Complete mess up and draw the West Brom game and they haven't won or even scored a goal at Anfield since.

Never undestimate it. Once you lose something it's tricky to get it back over a short period.
Empty Anfield is just another stadium, no amount of fan noise pumped through speakers can change that

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Empty Anfield is just another stadium, no amount of fan noise pumped through speakers can change that
Liverpool record was still very good at home right up to West Brom match. Won 10/11 straight outta lockdown and two in CL aswell.

Josh 76

Surely all their eggs go in the Champions League basket now? Would love if energy drink knocked them out.
When the Draw was made, Liverpool were on fire and were firm favourites to beat RB Leipzig, not so sure now.

Josh 76

City
Leicester
RB Leipzig
Everton
Sheff Utd (even the easiest looking fixture looks difficult now).

Interesting fixtures comming up.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
City
Leicester
RB Leipzig
Everton
Sheff Utd (even the easiest looking fixture looks difficult now).

Interesting fixtures comming up.
Sheffield United is the fixture I'm most concerned about looking at that.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
But BT told me they were in world beating form again? :confused:

Amerifan

Liverpool consistently won games late in the match last season. Their fitness was better than most teams. They would run them ragged for 80 minutes and pounce on worn out defenders.

It’s not happening this season and it’s not clear why. Lasting Covid side effects may be responsible for leveling out the fitness. Whatever the reason, they aren’t consistently getting the late winners like last season, and it shows in the standings.

Shimo

Watching the Robertson interview and him talking about the City game, I swear he said Luke Shaw is flying down the left and playing well. Did I mishear ?