Liverpool 2020-21

Havak

Pokemon master
Realistically, that's their title challenge over. Of course, this season is mental and they could go on a charge if they beat City at the weekend. Definitely have to win that game though or they'll be in a bit of a top 4 scrap instead. We could still end up in that too mind, so I'm not going to gloat just yet, but this thread is the Liverpool thread after all...

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I never want them to win any game. I'd rather City hammer them and then drop points elsewhere.
I am the same, it’s nice that that game has a good outcome for once no matter the result though. Just hope we beat Everton then we can sit back and watch the fireworks unravel.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Realistically, that's their title challenge over. Of course, this season is mental and they could go on a charge if they beat City at the weekend. Definitely have to win that game though or they'll be in a bit of a top 4 scrap instead. We could still end up in that too mind, so I'm not going to gloat just yet, but this thread is the Liverpool thread after all...
In a normal season I would agree but all it takes is a couple of bad results this year and you get dragged back down to reality as we know. City have some tough fixtures coming up, as do the dippers.

The Red Thinker

Do we want them to beat City?
Definitely. Liverpool have a defensive crisis and they are affected by it. This will continue despite a win. City are looking ridiculously powerful. The defence is unbelievably good. We need that defence to take a hit in confidence for City to drop more points.

RashfordisRed

Baffled by Klopps substitutions. Against West Ham he brought Jones on who immediately had part in the 2 goals they scored.

Today for one he left Jones on the bench until the last 10minutes, but then brought him on for the striker when needing the goal.

If those subs were made by OGS our fans would be going mad - wonder what Liverpool fans think of them?

Confusing but for sure not complaining here, long may it continue.

Red00012

If they win Sunday it’s fair from over

Loon

:lol:
People were thinking they were out of it before and then they were suddenly a point behind us. Tonight was lovely, but this season is just so weird.

Red00012

Yeah, the worry would be that a win over City gives them that spark back. But now, they really need to find a run of form and snap into gear pretty sharpish.
They can beat City Sunday and then they can lose the next 5 after that

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't forget what a miraculous and special seasons they're having to potentially be just 10 points behind the leaders.

It's just funny how this team was supposedly the best ever in Pl history and they've got a measly one league title to their name and can't even replicate City's back to back title achievement. Also goes to show how hard that was and that managers to achieve it deserve more credit.

Finally, despite all the talk about their defence it's actually their attack and midfield that has been more disappointing.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You think they’re out of it?
I was just baiting for responses. I do think pool are out. I think this will get worse for them (even though I'd want them to beat city for us and do us a favor) their problems in defense will get worse and their attack isn't all that anymore either.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's so frustrating that we decided to play negatively against them in the league. We had far too much respect for them whilst smaller teams are rolling them over and taking all 3 points.
Eh, still understandable. A smaller team can gamble, because everyone expects a Liverpool win, so a loss wouldn't hurt. A contest between title contenders tends to be more cagey (which is what I anticipate from Liverpool City in a few days...)

Red & White

Absolutely not! That could give them the spark to go on and win it again. Lose that, and they’ll do very well to retain the title, especially with a few injuries and CL fixtures coming up. I really hope they lose on Sunday, at Anfield, again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I would say yes to make the league title more interesting, having 3 or even 4 teams (if we include Leicester) in title race is always going to be interesting. Draw is still good too for us. They are losing also good for banter. So everything is win scenario for us.

Caerus Little

Supports
Competition and Underdogs
Why are you still talking about this lot? They are fighting to stay relevant in international football. It is going downhill. Two good results for them won't make their season. I see them finishing the season between 5-7th.

No Spring Chicken

I think I probably want a draw this weekend. Don't want Liverpool to get some huge morale boosting win - don't forget the Champions League is on its way back soon - and we need City to drop points to have any chance of winning the league. I'd slightly favour a Liverpool win if it came to it, but in a way we benefit from any result this weekend.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I never want them to win any game. I'd rather City hammer them and then drop points elsewhere.
Yes. Totally agree. We had a chance in the cup to inflict a deep wound but we handed them two soft goals giving them a smell of blood again.

I still think its fanciful talking about a title for us and the last thing I want is Liverpool equalling 20 . City to put a foot on their neck and hammer them please.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
They are fecked. Aging, burntout squad and no money for the rebuild due to the pandemic/financial crisis.

I think both Manchester clubs are going to dominate the PL for the next 2-3 years (2010-2014, Pt II).

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Just as I thought we were out of the slump after those convincing wins against Spurs and West Ham, we serve up that performance last night. Can't say if it's fatigue, "being found out", injuries or something else, but are in trouble. Not just because of the results, but more because we haven't even deserved more than we got these past six weeks. Our next four games are City, Leicester, Leipzig and Everton, which would be difficult under any circumstance, but now they could almost be season defining.

The Urban Goose

feck no. I hope City hammer them 18-0 and send them into a proper tailspin which results in them finishing out of all European positions, Klopp walking and Real taking vvd off their hands. Then Steve Me will come in to be their saviour and before you know it they're back to 1992 and planning white suits for their next FA Cup appearance.

Bwuk

They keep harping on about injuries but they can’t score and that’s the biggest issue they have.

gajender

Absolutely not! That could give them the spark to go on and win it again. Lose that, and they’ll do very well to retain the title, especially with a few injuries and CL fixtures coming up. I really hope they lose on Sunday, at Anfield, again.
If you are United supporter which I am assuming you are then you must realise it's our best chance for title since Sir Alex's retirement then no matter how much unpalatable Liverpool win is for Us but it's the best outcome in this game for our own title Challenge so Liverpool win is something I am hoping for .

McGrathsipan

Just as I thought we were out of the slump after those convincing wins against Spurs and West Ham, we serve up that performance last night. Can't say if it's fatigue, "being found out", injuries or something else, but are in trouble. Not just because of the results, but more because we haven't even deserved more than we got these past six weeks. Our next four games are City, Leicester, Leipzig and Everton, which would be difficult under any circumstance, but now they could almost be season defining.
Ah Rob you know you have a nailed on 3 points against Everton. The universe says so. Honestly If Liverpool only won 2 games a year it would be against Everton. So there is that for you.

I think the problem is for a top of the table team the squad quality from 1st team to the 2nd string is such a massive drop in quality.
Obvs injuries are not helping and I think Thiago is not your style. He just slows it all down.

McGrathsipan

If you are United supporter which I am assuming you are then you must realise it's our best chance for title since Sir Alex's retirement then no matter how much unpalatable Liverpool win is for Us but it's the best outcome in this game for our own title Challenge so Liverpool win is something I am hoping for .
Its the hope that kills you.

Jonno

They keep harping on about injuries but they can’t score and that’s the biggest issue they have.
Exactly

A team containing Henderson, TAA, Robertson, Gini, Thiago, Salah, Firmino - should comfortably outplay and outscore approx 12-15 teams in the league.

Imagine blaming dropping points to Steve Bruce's Newcastle on injuries.

gajender

Its the hope that kills you.
I know Man City are flying right now but they do have their issues against Liverpool atleast at Anfield but with no crowd who knows .

United certainly needs to get run of winning games which is not given either but here is hoping our days of false dawn are over and we properly challenge this time around.

Steve 007

How about 50?
Let’s be careful we are not too arrogant. We need to worry about ourselves, I think Liverpool are out this season but they’ll have their defence back next season and you’d expect a few new faces too.
I’d love them to smash city at the weekend and start a confidence crises in that very solid city defence, we can’t forget we need to do our job against Everton first.

RashyForPM

People saying they want City to win are nuts. I wanted City to win in 2018, but that’s because they were uncatchable by that point. This time, City are the team we have to topple to win the title and we are only 3 points behind them. If you want City to win, then you hate Liverpool more than you love Manchester United, and that is deplorable because we should always come first.

Oh, and do people realise how stupid the logic of ‘City can drop points elsewhere sounds’? Liverpool can also drop points elsewhere and are more likely to than this unfortunately excellent City team.