Liverpool are the luckiest club in the league and it will never end

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fantastic result that for Liverpool with ten men. If that had of been us we’d have folded like a pack of cards.
The did fold like a pack of cards, Newcastle just couldn’t hit the net.

iguanamanc

They can be lucky but ya can't call today lucky. It's annoying but they fought for that win. Newcastle's fault for falling off after leading against 10 men.
Two good goals by a big, fast centre forward against a leaden-footed Newcastle defence. Exactly what we want Hojlund for.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
but still managed to win 2-1 hmm
Yes that’s the bit where Newcastle couldn’t hit the back of the net. If they could finish they would have been 5 goals up, they sliced them open time and time again.

Stretfordender

Yes that’s the bit where Newcastle couldn’t hit the back of the net. If they could finish they would have been 5 goals up, they sliced them open time and time again.
slicing teams open is all well and good and I bloody wish we’d do it more often against better quality opposition, but ultimately it’s goals that count and Liverpool were clinical in that respect. The scousers stayed in the game and like it or not with Salah, jota and Nunez they always have a goal threat and a chance. I think you and I both know it’s very unlikely that we’d have had that character and personnel on the pitch this afternoon to do that.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
It was one of the best wins I've ever seen tbf.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
slicing teams open is all well and good and I bloody wish we’d do it more often against better quality opposition, but ultimately it’s goals that count and Liverpool were clinical in that respect. The scousers stayed in the game and like it or not with Salah, jota and Nunez they always have a goal threat and a chance. I think you and I both know it’s very unlikely that we’d have had that character and personnel on the pitch this afternoon to do that.
Do you even realise the thread you’re in? It’s got nothing to do with United.

Liverpool went down to 10 men today when they should have already been down to 10 men.

Newcastle had 60% possession and 23 shots. Any other day and Liverpool lose by four or five. Instead they score with their first shot on target and go on to win the game in injury time.

It’s not about Liverpool being resilient, they we’re genuinely terrible and incredibly lucky not to lose by a handful of goals before their donkey of a striker hit two worldie finishes.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Newcastle didn’t really create any clear chances. The dippers defended well. Did Allison actually have any difficult saves to make in the second half? Made an absolute worldy of the save in the first half but wasn’t extended after that.

Obviously Newcastle didn’t help themselves with key men playing badly. Isak was pretty crap and he’s been looking great recently. So maybe that’s a slice of luck? It was far from a jammy victory though. Even before they scored they created some good situations. You could see the goal(s) coming.

Nero

One minute you're down, the next you're right back up again.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Scripting been turned off this season?

On for Spurs though.

GledTheRed

Media sympathy vote for them, the sending off for Jones was similar to Casimero' last season only with way more force.

Thought Gary Neville was gonna burst into tears over the poor scousers injustice.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That own goal makes up those Leicester own goals. :lol:

I would be crying if Diaz's goal had originally stood and Matip dropped us two vital points.

Tyrion

Media sympathy vote for them, the sending off for Jones was similar to Casimero' last season only with way more force.

Thought Gary Neville was gonna burst into tears over the poor scousers injustice.
It is stupid that when Garnacho was deemed to be offside against Arsenal and EtH complained, he was treated as an idiot and some in the media acted like VARs judgement was perfect but with Liverpool there needs to be an inquest.

Nevile tries so hard to placate them. I don't know why he bothers. Scousers believe every call that doesn't go their way is a conspiracy so he'd need to become a RAWK poster to stop them complaining.

In practice, they were screwed with the offside but we've seen that before and the two reds were fair.

Tyrion

Once in a blue moon and by the end of this season Liverpool will remain the luckiest club in the league.
I think Klopps constant moaning gets them some favourable calls but it also backfires sometimes. That's why this was hilarious. They're not that lucky or unlucky.

JogaBonitoRooney

Doesn't matter if they were robbed of not. It's not match fixing it's just bad officiating. So Liverpool losing is always funny and deserved. :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It’s crazy. I should be fuming but I’m not because of how the team played down two men. This is the closest to a loss being a win in my book. We have what it takes to mount a serious challenge and I think we will be there at the end.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
this couldn’t be more valid. The pro Liverpool stance from everyone on sky sports is truly sickening. Why not get excited about a last minute winner and a massive win for Tottenham. Why is the focus immediately on poor Liverpool.
Did you watch the game?? If it was United objectively I’d find it hilarious but that was some feckery on a different level.

TheLord

Oh well, I will admit that they played well. But the outcry over a refereeing error for the first time in eons is laughable when every other Premier League team faces 10 times the problem compared with "lucky" Liverpool.

Last edited:

Bastionen

Supports
Lyn
Oh well, I will admit that they played well. But the outcry over a refereeing error is laughable for the first time in eons is laughable when every other Premier League team faces 10 times the problem compared with "lucky" Liverpool.
Do you actually belive this, or is it banter?

Tyrion

Did you watch the game?? If it was United objectively I’d find it hilarious but that was some feckery on a different level.
It wasn't on a different level. VAR has been wrong before and plenty of stupid red cards are given out. Liverpool just got it this time so now its a big deal.

Personally I find it funny. I don't think refereeing will ever be particularly good and the complaints won't change that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Got a season's worth of bad luck in one game yesterday.
Thank goodness, as if they'd not lost yesterday with 9 men and the dodgy disallowed goal their belief would be off the scale.

Care_de_Bobo

I remember how much sympathy everyone had for Spurs last season when Jota kicked someone in the head, avoided red and then scored the last minute winner...oh no wait a minute, it was just lauded as a great advert for the league by the media who are always so balanced and objective in their analysis.

Liverpool have had enough luck and dodgy decisions go their way over the years, I guess you just think it's a different level when it goes against them. Arsenal and Brighton had equally egregious offside decisions go against them against them last season and United have been denied countless stonewall penalties over the past 12 months.

I realise that Liverpool fans aren't used to bad decisions going against them, but hopefully there will be a lot more to come as we're always told these things even themselves out eventually.

El Zoido

Man Utd are on the end of at least one bad decision every single game and nobody gives a shit. Liverpool finally has one against them in the past 100 games and they want to re-write the rule book. Sky Sports will be turning their banners black and having a week of mourning.

ICB

Supports
Arsenal
It wasn't on a different level. VAR has been wrong before and plenty of stupid red cards are given out. Liverpool just got it this time so now its a big deal.

Personally I find it funny. I don't think refereeing will ever be particularly good and the complaints won't change that.
Erm, why are you acting like this was another standard day of bad refereeing and VAR?

This was absolutely on a different level to what is already as close to rock bottom level of officiating we already have in this country.

zaafi

It’s crazy. I should be fuming but I’m not because of how the team played down two men. This is the closest to a loss being a win in my book. We have what it takes to mount a serious challenge and I think we will be there at the end.
Sorry, but you don't. You hit a nice form and reached peak motivation as you managed to beat Newcastle, but it's going to end soon. You're still going to be top 4, though, but you're not going to be close to the title. Be serious.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Sorry, but you don't. You hit a nice form and reached peak motivation as you managed to beat Newcastle, but it's going to end soon. You're still going to be top 4, though, but you're not going to be close to the title. Be serious.
It’s my opinion. I have watched every game since I can remember. This team has “it”.