Liverpool are the luckiest club in the league and it will never end

redshaw

Please tell me this added time on both halves is justified. It's getting silly now.

Telsim

Total 18 minutes of added time.

Not even hiding it anymore.

hp88

Did someone get injured or has the used the World Cup method?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Apart from the Mings studs up challenge, I can’t remember any major stoppage. I was watching both games.

Sgreddevil

10mins extra time. Seems like whole world is trying to force liverpool into top 4. How come we never get this type of benefits? I do admit during SAF time we do get a bit of that but not to this extent.

Teja

10mins extra time. Seems like whole world is trying to force liverpool into top 4. How come we never get this type of benefits? I do admit during SAF time we do get a bit of that but not to this extent.
Liverpool are possibly the only club in England that get this treatment.

Sgreddevil

Liverpool are possibly the only club in England that get this treatment.
Yes that is what I don't understand. What was the reason that they get these treatment. Was it because most of the people with decision making power are liverpool supporters?

Reyoji-Utd

Is there any other marches that has this type of added time? If not, then why there is no one talking about this unfair treatments to other teams from LPool. 18 mins in added time will never happen to Man Utd in a million year no matter what happens on the pitch.

I thought blantant corruption only happens in my country but think not...

Erics_Collar

Apart from the Mings studs up challenge, I can’t remember any major stoppage. I was watching both games.
All I can think of is that Villa were doing some of the worst time wasting I've seen, from very early in the half.

But 10 minutes was ludicrous.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
All I can think of is that Villa were doing some of the worst time wasting I've seen, from very early in the half.

But 10 minutes was ludicrous.
Villa were shithousing but no worse than I see in most games.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yes that is what I don't understand. What was the reason that they get these treatment. Was it because most of the people with decision making power are liverpool supporters?
Klopp's shithousery definitely helps. Refs are human after all - surely they're influenced (even if subtly) by narratives in the media, press conferences, etc.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not sure at what point it's less luck and more engineered

Dansk

Please tell me this added time on both halves is justified. It's getting silly now.
I've asked on various forums and Reddit, and absolutely nobody has been able to explain why the ref decided to add about 500% more time than average for a PL game. Someone murmured something about timewasting, but it would be plain impossible to waste that much time without getting sent off. Couple of injuries but none severe, one penalty, one VAR overturn, and two goals should not come out to more than like 5-6 minutes at the most.

The rest is plainly just the referee's deliberate attempt to help Liverpool win, and it'd be laughable for anyone to deny it anymore. It's been going on consistently, week in week out, for a handful of years now. As the refs grow more and more used to doing it, they just get complacent about hiding it. It's routine for them at this point, so they're sloppy about keeping it within the boundaries of plausible deniability.

They push it a little bit further each year, and today was an indisputable example of that.

Dansk

Klopp's shithousery definitely helps. Refs are human after all - surely they're influenced (even if subtly) by narratives in the media, press conferences, etc.
We saw that a few years back when he started bawling about how many penalties we were getting (at that point, we'd gotten one more than them, by the way) and then we suddenly didn't get a single pen for the next eight months or so, despite numerous utter stonewallers that the refs just opted to deny us.

To be honest, even if refs are only human, they're supposed to be professionals and it shouldn't be possible to influence them so easily. When a manager can effectively sabotage a rival's season by launching a dishonest smear campaign against them, football has failed to maintain its own integrity.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Nkunku unavailable on Sunday due to a customary and timely pre-Liverpool injury.

These wankers are off to their jammy ways and the season hasn’t even started yet!

Incredible.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Nkunku is hardly Haaland is he? I doubt it will have much impact on the result.

Woodzy

Nkunku is hardly Haaland is he? I doubt it will have much impact on the result.
He’s not, but Haaland doesn’t play for Chelsea so it’s completely irrelevant. You can only judge Chelsea relative to their best players, so of course Nkunku being missing is going to make it easier for a Liverpool,

shaggy

He’s not, but Haaland doesn’t play for Chelsea so it’s completely irrelevant. You can only judge Chelsea relative to their best players, so of course Nkunku being missing is going to make it easier for a Liverpool,
I don't think so. Jackson might start and score a bagful. Chelsea are at home and they should be getting a result against Liverpool with or without their new striker.

Chief123

Liverpool are so lucky that they finished 5th and playing Thursday night football this season.

Woodzy

I don't think so. Jackson might start and score a bagful. Chelsea are at home and they should be getting a result against Liverpool with or without their new striker.
The same Chelsea that finished in the bottom half of the table last season?

shaggy

They've since spent god knows how much. Liverpool are also quite average, with a poor defence and untested midfield. Game will probably be strewn with errors and end 2-2.

OverratedOpinion

Liverpool didn't exactly pull up any trees last season. Think when you look at the respective squads it's fair to say that Chelsea under a new coach following a good Pre Season would be disappointed not to get a result at home.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nkunku unavailable on Sunday due to a customary and timely pre-Liverpool injury.

These wankers are off to their jammy ways and the season hasn’t even started yet!

Incredible.
Back in early December. We don't play Chelsea til then :lol:

Woodzy

Liverpool didn't exactly pull up any trees last season. Think when you look at the respective squads it's fair to say that Chelsea under a new coach following a good Pre Season would be disappointed not to get a result at home.
The same Liverpool that finished 6 points below us in 3rd place. They had a very strong end to the season.

It’s impossible to tell what sort of form these teams will come into the first game of the season with but there’s nothing to suggest Chelsea would be favourites over Liverpool at this point in my opinion, especially without one of their major summer signings.

I could be wrong and I hate praising Liverpool as much as the next person, but I also think it would be foolish to write them off considering how they ended last season.

Swedish_Plumber

I need to stop seeing every second ball somehow fall to them this season. Especially when it spins and bobbles to someone waiting in space for an easy tap in.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
That 90+11' Gakpo winner on Sunday is gonna hurt.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I need to stop seeing every second ball somehow fall to them this season. Especially when it spins and bobbles to someone waiting in space for an easy tap in.
I can already see a miss hit Salah shot bouncing off Colwill’s toe, just out of Silva’s reach and into Gakpo’s path for an easy goal.

OverratedOpinion

The same Liverpool that finished 6 points below us in 3rd place. They had a very strong end to the season.

It’s impossible to tell what sort of form these teams will come into the first game of the season with but there’s nothing to suggest Chelsea would be favourites over Liverpool at this point in my opinion, especially without one of their major summer signings.

I could be wrong and I hate praising Liverpool as much as the next person, but I also think it would be foolish to write them off considering how they ended last season.
Yeah our form dropped off because we lost our best defender and midfielder for extended periods and had no striker.

Still managed to finish comfortably above them and even then I wouldn't expect us to go to Stamford Bridge next season and guarantee a win.

Chelsea are going to shock a lot of you next a season. They have good players and a good manager, they will not be a walkover for most teams.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Chelsea are going to shock a lot of you next a season. They have good players and a good manager, they will not be a walkover for most teams.
Regardless the Nkunku news, which won‘t help, I do think they seriously lack quality upfront. Maybe in 2-3 years all those youngsters come off good but I see a lack of goals hindering them to win as much as needed to really go for 1-4. Still a hard side to play against and beat mind you. Maybe if they get Vlahovic in and that group of youngsters hit the ground running.

Steve Bruce

Was it not 8 points a difference in the end?