Liverpool are the luckiest club in the league and it will never end

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Who knows how many titles were won by Liverpool in the 70's/80's under dubious circumstances.
The Beatles are the only great thing to come out of the Kingdom of Liver.
The rest is not worth considering.
Can you sound any more bitter.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Not as much as the sleepless nights, gnashing of teeth and daily rivers of tears Sir Alex gave all the Kingdom for 26 years.
A ha. So you do appreciate LFC after all.

always_hoping

They are only 3 points behind the top of the table. Is a 6 point gap insurmountable for City?

If you think so, fair enough, let's panic
It will be six points behind Liverpool tomorrow which will be a big gap and have to play them Anfield where they have a poor record in. Not about panic just realistic on what's happening here.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Well then what about the 70's & 80's Liverpool titles?!
Prehistoric
Touché.

In fairness, I feel like we are the only ones who can relate to your travails over the past decade.

Although I reckon the 90s was probably slightly more entertaining for us than this decade has been for you, even if you did pick up a Europa League trophy more than we did in the 90s. Fowler, McManaman and Owen were great to watch. Rashford and Fernandes as your enduring standouts over the decade seems a bit dull honestly.

Reckon it won't be long before your fanbase will be emotionally ready to accept a five-year plan. <shudders>.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Touché.

In fairness, I feel like we are the only ones who can relate to your travails over the past decade.

Although I reckon the 90s was probably slightly more entertaining for us than this decade has been for you, even if you did pick up a Europa League trophy more than we did in the 90s. Fowler, McManaman and Owen were great to watch. Rashford and Fernandes as your enduring standouts over the decade seems a bit dull honestly.

Reckon it won't be long before your fanbase will be emotionally ready to accept a five-year plan. <shudders>.
You forgot to mention Suarez and the famous t-shirts. :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Well then what about the 70's & 80's Liverpool titles?!
Prehistoric
I don’t bring up that your titles were tainted. Your titles were not tainted in the 90s and early 00s as was ours were not in the 70s and 80s. But you seem to have to downgrade every achievment we have. You need to accept your owners have ruined your team not by holding back money for transfers ect.. but by the rotting mindset infested your team brought on by them.

erikcred

I don’t bring up that your titles were tainted. Your titles were not tainted in the 90s and early 00s as was ours were not in the 70s and 80s. But you seem to have to downgrade every achievment we have. You need to accept your owners have ruined your team not by holding back money for transfers ect.. but by the rotting mindset infested your team brought on by them.
That's exactly what someone with tainted titles would say.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I don't accept anything.
It's you who's saying this.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Big game next week when they will likely beat Arsenal and go 9 clear of City.

Fridge chutney

I'm ok with Liverpool winning the league over the cretinous sportswashing cheats. It would be painful but at least Liverpool are a proper club and have a rich history, some of it has parallels to our own.

Hopefully it would spur even more investment and change from our new owners.

Although maybe Aston Villa will surprise us all!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Liverpool seem to have a bit of a choking tendency developing.

Think they had a chance to go top at Luton a few weeks ago and messed that up and just about scrambled a point in the end. They really didn't play well at all today and were incredibly lucky to win at Palace last week with the laughable red card changing everything .

So not a vintage Liverpool side at all but the title is there to be won for whoever wants it. Also feel this is their last big chance with Klopp running things and select members of their side.

Salah leaving for Saudi Arabia next summer will also be a big issue as Nunez simply isn't good enough in these games as the main CF and Gapko is just an o.k player but nothing more.

Interested to see how they do next week v Arsenal. Think I'd fancy Arsenal to pinch it if they learn to manage the game correctly once ahead which they didn't do well at all last year.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not content with the opposition’s key player being injured or suspended every match like clockwork, they’re now playing Newcastle and have 5 of the first team caught up in a sex scandal.

Kingofwinners

I actually agree with you and appreciate the perspective. I will admit I cheer anyone, even Citeh against Liverpool and think the refs etc are slanted in your favour. But at least you’re a real club, I think we have lost our core a bit with the rotten owners.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
Let’s call a spade a spade here.

Put aside all the ABL frothing, and recognise that the real luckiest clubs out there are the teeny tiny provincial fecker clubs who won the russian and Middle Eastern blood money lottery.

Thus allowing them to move on from the halcyon days of Frank Sinclair, Shaun Goater, Jean-Marc Pilorget, etc.

always_hoping

Gifted a pen when Newcastle got back into it
Klopp a few seasons ago moaned for so long and so loud about not getting penalties. Some thought at the time it was the actions of a mad man!

On another note Dermot Gallagher will be on Sky sports tomorrow to tell us all it was a stone wall Liverpool penalty.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I’d really love to know why these dickheads are refereed differently to the vast majority of teams in the league, and even though City and Arsenal also enjoy preferential treatment, they are still a level below Liverpool in the ‘get away with murder’ stakes.

For years, opposition fans in La Liga cried foul about refereeing favouritism towards Barcelona (and indeed, so did we in Europe) which has been substantiated now at last, but Liverpool’s record is much, much worse. Wright and Shearer’s reactions last night is the closest I’ve seen to media criticism of them but zip from the rest of them. It took a month for the media to quit mentioning the Onana-Wolves penalty incident in September, ffs!

TheReligion

Abusive
Alexander-Arnold celebrating the own goal like he’d pulled off so kind of majestic piece of skill was bizarre.

Arrogant little twat.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Alexander-Arnold celebrating the own goal like he’d pulled off so kind of majestic piece of skill was bizarre.

Arrogant little twat.
Aye, it was hilarious to see. Guys maginificent at striking & passing a ball, no doubt. But he has zero business being a defender :lol:

Martinelli breezed past him twice in quick succession and Trent didn’t even attempt any sort of challenge.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Arrogant little twat.
That BBC live text though...

"It's been coming!

Liverpool win a free-kick out wide and Trent Alexander-Arnold delivers a perfect set-piece into the mix.

It flicks off the head of Jakub Kiwior and flies past Aaron Ramsdale.

Wild scenes in the away end."

Followed with a quote from Alan Shearer saying the cross from "Trent" was superb

Hughie77

They been 2nd best for majority of this game , and cup football you need some luck and you could see they would get one ..and a OG makes it a bitter pill ..

Hughie77

That BBC live text though...

"It's been coming!

Liverpool win a free-kick out wide and Trent Alexander-Arnold delivers a perfect set-piece into the mix.

It flicks off the head of Jakub Kiwior and flies past Aaron Ramsdale.

Wild scenes in the away end."

Followed with a quote from Alan Shearer saying the cross from "Trent" was superb
And the other guy is waiting to suck off Klopp any chance he gets ..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sickening to think they could put to bed the biggest club in England debate in May. Fecking Glazers.
How would they do that?
Biggest club stature isn't based on trophies, or we'd already be classed 2nd biggest to them now.

Unless you're oddly just rating it on the league, just because we have more currently?

Heinzesight

Arrogant little twat.
I looked up at the TV when I heard Liverpool had scored…thought it must’ve been one hell of a classy strike based on the celebration. Dickhead.