Liverpool FC are up for sale

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Ratcliffe seems like a bit of a (very rich) poser. The way he declared his interest in Chelsea was very odd, as he knew full well when all the deadlines where and then all of a sudden put in a bid well past the deadline.

I suspect he'll have his name floating about, however I am unsure he is actually serious.
Money laundering? He clearly has no preference to any team, he is whoring himself around. That being said, He has a bad reputation at the teams he does own. So by all means, he can buy Liverpool.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Brian Farnet from Friern Barnet is interested and preparing a nasty offer.

RedDevilQuebecois

Not all. feck the gulf states and their sport washing projects. Ratcliffe is the only person I'd like to see the club sold too.
If Ratcliffe shows something serious of a bid, I'm all for him to buy the club. But if he is nothing but hot air, then I hope one of the top Japanese club ownership groups from the J-League buys the club. My personal preference is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, who already own the high profile club of Urawa Red Diamonds (2 times AFC Champions League winners, 1 time runners-up, and a final coming soon).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
fecking feck. Newcastle now Liverpool, taking up all the sugar daddies while the glazers hang on. We've missed out on all the big money owners now, haven't we.
I'm fine with not getting the 'sugar daddies' or big money owners. We are a big money club. What pisses me off is that we have these incompetent twats who have us paying of their debt.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Will be interesting to see how Liverpool fans react if another Arab state comes sniffing around considering the amount of shit they give City. Will they stick to their principles or will just accept the dirty money like the rest?
What do you think?

bringbackbebe

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool fans react if another Arab state comes sniffing around considering the amount of shit they give City. Will they stick to their principles or will just accept the dirty money like the rest?
Liverpool fans embracing dirty money from a shady oil country? Absolutely no chance of not happening

atkar83

If Liverpool are bought by an oil country then any trophies they win from now on will have the same asterisk City do. Even if City get to 21 premier league trophies, no one will care. When City wins its basically like a draw, no one won

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
There was an article earlier from Paul Joyce and Matt Lawton who say Martin Broughton is interested. Basically the names linked are all the ones who were involved trying to buy us

Harris/Blitzer and Broughton
Pagliuca
Ricketts

Real Name

They'll act just like Newcastle fans, they're turn it around, praise their new owners and defend the regime which buys them.

Real Name

Think every fanbase would in general act like that, to be fair
Of course. It's just they always like to act up with their it means more stuff and similar. Someone made a good comparison in EL thread yesterday, Barcelona is Liverpool of La liga (mes que un club and shit).

cyberman

Plenty openly want it but I do wonder how many would genuinely be bothered if we were bought for sportswashing.

I did remember thinking they'd start buying clubs like Abu Dhabi and Qatar but I guess they don't really care about their western image.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind some other businessman. FSG are actually really good for Liverpool and I'd like those kinds of owners.
Yeah but it doesn’t matter if plenty wants it, they can only lose fans and what makes United the club they are will be lost. We aren’t a lower club, we don’t need the money to spend millions, we already do. There is literally no upside

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Another Saudi owned team?
Most likely one of the Americans that didn't pick up Chelsea. No way a Saudi gets them as it is too hard to tell whether they're a puppet of MBS and the Saudi's already have a foothold in Newcastle.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Most likely one of the Americans that didn't pick up Chelsea. No way a Saudi gets them as it is too hard to tell whether they're a puppet of MBS and the Saudi's already have a foothold in Newcastle.
To be fair, people said there was no way the Saudis would get Newcastle either. Money talks.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
I would imagine that Liverpool and United are the only two clubs in the land that would genuinely protest to being a state-owned club.

KetilOwren88

Donald Trump would be a good fit for them. Both parties support racism and both think they actually won despite actually losing. Both supporters like to make noise and both Trump and Klopp wear hats and shout at people. Now let’s go!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

That's around what Chelsea went for.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Actually would be sad if an institution like Liverpool became another oil club, and don't think their fans want that either

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He said it may take upto 2 years, IF anything does happen.

Some Liverpool fans hoping for 250m shopping spree in January!
FSG would have a buyer in mind before making the bold announcements they have. Much like when players walk through our door much to all our surprise.

And £250m? Pfft. That's just for Bellingham and his salary. I want more for OUR oil. :devil:

redcucumber

FSG would have a buyer in mind before making the bold announcements they have. Much like when players walk through our door much to all our surprise.

And £250m? Pfft. That's just for Bellingham and his salary. I want more for OUR oil. :devil:
Genuinely, would being owned by an oil state (Dubai or whatever) change anything for you?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Genuinely, would being owned by an oil state (Dubai or whatever) change anything for you?
You've obviously not seen earlier posts of mine. I would not recognise anything we win after the takeover. Probably completely stop supporting the club too, which will be harder.

As I've also said, you cannot wash blood away with trophies.

Big Andy

Bloke
I'd say about 99% of them will willingly spread their arse cheeks open and gladly have oil soaked notes shoved up their arse. The 1% being the match going fans.

redcucumber

You've obviously not seen earlier posts of mine. I would not recognise anything we win after the takeover. Probably completely stop supporting the club too, which will be harder.

As I've also said, you cannot wash blood away with trophies.
I haven't.

I'm really hoping it doesn't happen as it would effectively end Liverpool. Another business person/consortium is what it has to be. Thoroughly depressing state of affairs that fans of clubs are put in a position where their clubs can become suddenly become hollow playthings and sports washing projects.

Josh 76

You know more than most. How much are they selling for ?
Who’s buying ?
Which players are they signing ?

Chairman Steve

I think people of a certain age who’ve lived to see the inception of the Premier League have seen football gone from being for the fans, to being a corporate sponsor machine, to a money laundering operation and now evolved into a political vehicle for government regimes, and the governing bodies who run the sport are getting more and more corrupt. The corporate guys they were in bed with got dumped for the leaders of countries, and those guys can influence where a World Cup gets played.

It’s a bit numbing looking back on that. Take me back to the days of 20 years ago when it all got corporate. At least those companies just wanted you to buy their products. These days it’s highly dubious people who run countries trying to influence geopolitics.

Last edited:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I wouldn’t offer a tenner and a pack of skittles for this bag of….sh*te

oneway

I'd say about 99% of them will willingly spread their arse cheeks open and gladly have oil soaked notes shoved up their arse. The 1% being the match going fans.
I guess most Utd fans would too, people want success for their team and prefer not to mix politics with sport especially when our own country is a benefactor of selling arms to these regimes. It is not the job of football fans to make these choices , the very team we support have players that will be there, and ex players like Beckham and Neville i think you should criticise these people first not ordinary fans and lay people who just want to enjoy a game of football. City will keep winning things whilst they have owners who have the money and next it will be Newcastle we are falling behind and the only people who can buy us are the same type of people.

L1nk

We have absolutely no chance of ever being sold do we :(

I’m loving my life

I think people of a certain age who’ve lived to see the inception of the Premier League have seen football gone from being for the fans, to being a corporate sponsor machine, to a money laundering operation and now evolved into a political vehicle for government regimes, and the governing bodies who run the sport are getting more and more corrupt. The corporate guys they were in bed with got dumped for the leaders of countries, and those guys can influence where a World Cup gets played.

It’s a bit numbing looking back on that. Take me back to the days of 20 years ago when it all got corporate. At least those companies just wanted you to buy their products. These days it’s highly dubious people who run countries trying to influence geopolitics.
We need to bring back the good things in football

We have to join with all the other club’s fans and crowdfund a buyout.

Obviously we wouldn’t want to inconvenience the Liverpool fans after the stress of the takeover rumours, so the ownership would strictly be non-Liverpool fans. I’m sure we could run the club in the spirit of all that is fun in football