g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Liverpool Next

bonothom

McFred back in, 6 at the back, another embarrassing attack vs defence setup hoping to scrape a draw in a game we desperately need to win. The thing is unless United get embarrassed by Liverpool and City, Ole will cling onto his job even though we'll be around 10 points off the pace after the next 3 matches. Still there's always next season.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Arguably the most over-performing squad in Europe vs the most- under-perfoeming.

They will win comfortably. We've got a lot of shite that needs fixing.

predator

Youth NITK
Got a feeling we might win. Its just the sort of thing we'd do. As I've said before, I do think we can beat anyone if things click. We are usually very predictable when we are bad like today but when we are good we are very unpredictable and teams like Liverpool and City hate unpredictable teams.

Remember the geese

I'll be there, as per. In October 2019 they were flying and we were struggling for form. On that day they salvaged a draw against us with a late goal. As poor as we look at the moment, we aren't as bad as we were back then. Let's see.

SAFMUTD

I'll take a defeat by 2 goals without flinching. Hopefully this will be Ole's last game is charge.

Okey

Well, I'll be sat in my seat and supporting my team as always. But with dread. It could easily get embarrassing, or we could pull a rabbit our of the hat like we sometimes do. Either way, doesn't change what needs to be done.

MrBest

Result don't matter anymore, it's clear as day Ole cannot take this team further. We probably will labour a draw, pundits and Ole will say we turned a corner, we all know inside that within a few games, we will be playing for that moment again. I am trying to think of a manager for a top club that has got away with playing for a moment in a game to win it, or get a draw. We have no style of play, we never have under Ole. I give him full credit for turning the culture of the club around after Jose destroyed it but his days should be over, should have been at the end of last season, should have been after the Villa game, should be after today's result, but Ole will still be here for the rest of the season to scrap for the top 4.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Result don't matter anymore, it's clear as day Ole cannot take this team further. We probably will labour a draw, pundits and Ole will say we turned a corner, we all know inside that within a few games, we will be playing for that moment again. I am trying to think of a manager for a top club that has got away with playing for a moment in a game to win it, or get a draw. We have no style of play, we never have under Ole. I give him full credit for turning the culture of the club around after Jose destroyed it but his days should be over, should have been at the end of last season, should have been after the Villa game, should be after today's result, but Ole will still be here for the rest of the season to scrap for the top 4.
I disagree that Ole will survive this season.
Pogba is almost definitely leaving. We obviously still have holes to fill in the squad. No top quality player will even begin to consider coming to United if Ole is still in charge Feb through May. They're going to have to cut Ole loose in early Spring, the latest. My guess is Ole is let go after or during the winter transfer window

hp88

The only way we’re avoiding a beating from Liverpool next week.

MrBest

I disagree that Ole will survive this season.
Pogba is almost definitely leaving. We obviously still have holes to fill in the squad. No top quality player will even begin to consider coming to United if Ole is still in charge Feb through May. They're going to have to cut Ole loose in early Spring, the latest. My guess is Ole is let go after or during the winter transfer window
I truly hope you are right and my assumption is wrong. I would get rid of him yesterday if could. Ten Hag or Luis Enrique for me.

Josep Dowling

I’m looking forward to us reverting to 3-5-2, putting 10 men behind the ball and taking joy out of getting a draw against them. The way we set up to play against Liverpool since Klopp has been in charge is pathetic.

Robindinho

Gonna be a hard watch. We'll be embarrassed, have about 30% possession, sit deep and look for a hopeful hoof to Rashford on the counter as we'll panic with their press and struggle to put 5 passes together.

Wouldn't be surprised if we line up with a back five and McFred in front...

De gea

Lindelof Maguire Bailly

Awb Mctominay Fred Shaw

Bruno

Greenwood Rashford
:(

United Hobbit

I'd like to think Ole would have been sacked by next Sunday but that's not going to happen

I'm going to watch it, first game since Covid, complete with 7ish hour coach journey there and back.

One of two things will happen. We either get a "plucky" 2-1 win or 1-1 or 2-2 draw, and the cycle will continue with Ole escaping yet again especially as I can see us scraping past city too

He will go ultra defensive, I can forsee not just Mc T and Fred but also Matic and 5 at the back. :annoyed:

It would be nice to really get at Liverpool, teams just roll over for them lately, apart from Brentford (who looked far better coached than us) and look what happened, they got a draw.

Or it'll be an absolute bloodbath, especially given the form they and Salah are in.

Either way we will play horrible football and if we win/draw it'll be via a jammy fluke goal.

I think if it's a bloodbath, the atmosphere will be BAD, however none of it will be against Ole, it'll be against the Liverpool fans. I don't like Liverpool (obviously) but disagree with Hillsborough chants, as much as I disagree with clubs using Munich chants against us. It'll all kick off outside the ground I think if we lose badly.

criticalanalysis

If we have McFred, I don't think we will get mauled.

Ole is not naive going against superior teams. He'll play counter attacking and now that he's got Rashford back, he'll want to spam the quick transitions. Rashford to tear TAA one-on-one and Shaw will probably contain Salah with Fred doubling up.

I can very easily seeing us get a 'result', whether that be a draw or even a win. It's a derby and we're game raising cnuts in that aspect unfortunately.

I don't wish Utd to lose but if I have to predict, this would not be the game that turns everyone against Ole or seals his fate, which is probably the most frustrating thing.

Last edited:

wolvored

It wouldnt surprise me if Ole goes 5-3-2/5-4-1 to prevent a cockup. Saying that you can see Salah getting at least one and probably beat us 1-2/1-3

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Got a feeling we might win. Its just the sort of thing we'd do. As I've said before, I do think we can beat anyone if things click. We are usually very predictable when we are bad like today but when we are good we are very unpredictable and teams like Liverpool and City hate unpredictable teams.
Bollockspiel.Liverpool, City & Chelsea’s players work hard every game.Whether they play well or not they work, and work .They have a system.They have a manager directing them.
We don’t.

lilcurt

I think Ole will go defensive but it still won't be enough.

2-0 to the Scouse is what I forsee.

Feels very much like the last days of Jose now, more a matter of when and not if he is sacked.

Verward

Looking at the history when Liverpool were favorites to beat us home, most of the time they went back with tail between their legs. I for one not worried, against top teams we get chances as their defenses are quite high up which helps our attackers. Only problem is if we nick this one, it will keep Ole in job for few more months.

Luke1995

We beat them with worse teams under Van Gaal and Mourinho so this one shouldn't be much of an issue...

I'm kidding. We will probably concede early, go into panick mode, concede another two before the break and spend the second half watching they turn into Pep's Barça.

My only hope of a win is if De Gea catches everything and Greenwood is aforded a free role.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I dont think we will lose it. He will bench Ronaldo and Pogba (hence the mention something needs to change)

It could be a 352 or 4231.

Bruno, Martial and Rashford will start. Depending upon the formation I think Cavani,Mason or even Elanga could start.

We will win it too.

Dominos

We'll probably win it.

Always happens when we are playing terrible under Ole and he looks like he's done. Just grabs a ridiculous result out of the bag that manages to keep him in the job and the cycle of shite continues.
It always happens, until it doesn't. You can't keep getting yourself an inch from the sack every season and somehow survive, eventually fortune won't be on your side.

I think the team is just too broken to pull it out the bag this time. And even if we did against Liverpool, the following 5 games could be the ones that do the damage.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
We'll somehow win comfortably then get a draw against Spurs, a win against City then it will all come crashing down again with defeats at Atalanta and Watford.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
What's the biggest Liverpool win at Old Trafford?
I genuinely fear a humiliation.

What will he say all week to the players?

Imagine telling these players they have to hide at their home ground

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We’re trying to get in the way of Liverpool winning the league next week. It’s one of two matches we get to do that this season.

That’s what we are. What Liverpool were. We have one of our two cup finals in October. The players will be up for it and if they can grab a plucky point, they know they can have the rest of 2021 off.

JG3001

I remember the 4-1 pasting at OT, think it was the 08-09 season, they beat us in both league games.

Guess who won the league? Now we’re the ones celebrating the “we beat ….” cup.

reddevil1510

I’m pretty sure that we will win this and City. Post that we will falter as usual. Ole is a lucky man and is a survivor. Liverpool and City, better be ready for some dropped points.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I remember the 4-1 pasting at OT, think it was the 08-09 season, they beat us in both league games.

Guess who won the league? Now we’re the ones celebrating the “we beat ….” cup.
I was at that match. Really 4-1 was a harsh score on the day - United played some good stuff but Liverpool got the breaks - they were good too and Vidic had a mare!

This Liverpool team will be 2-0 up after 15 mins next week. They will press like feck and United will implode.

Josh 76

The 3-0 defeat under Moyes was the one that stands out. It was embarrassing. Gerrard even missed a penalty. (He would have got a hatrick if he had scored)

Josh 76

Ole needs to play 10 men behind the ball and sit back. Play the runners like Mctomminy, Lingard., Cavani and can’t believe I’m saying this, Fred.

If Utd try playing from the back, which they will try to, the game will be over in the first half.