Liverpool vs Chelsea

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I do not know English very well but there should be a difference between being in the corner and being on the edge, doesn't it? Klopp is more and more in the corner imho than on the edge, if I know what both phrasal verbs mean.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Liverpool seem to raise their game in the big fixtures. Will be interesting to see how this game pans out.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
It all depends on Mane's return. The more Senegal advances, the more Liverpool collapses.
Its deeper than that. I wish our problems were as simple as having Manè back. But the severity of the dip in our performances tell me there's something more

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Guys. It really isn't that much of a big game. You're overestimating us. (God knows how by the way).

If there had been indications in our recent performances that there was improvement id say "yeah, we could give Chelsea a good game + we'll be up for it"

But there hasnt. It's been the same all Janurary, therefore I don't expect any difference against Chelsea, or rather the chance of seeing a completely different performance is incredibly low.

Seriously? Liverpool 1-3 Chelsea.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We should try and play this like we did against City, sitting deep and looking to counter. If we try and go at Chelsea then the likes of Pedro, Hazard and Willian will kill us on the counter.

clarkydaz

Its deeper than that. I wish our problems were as simple as having Manè back. But the severity of the dip in our performances tell me there's something more
its also putting a lot of pressure on the player on return. He isn't going to stop people walking through the middle of Anfield

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
its also putting a lot of pressure on the player on return. He isn't going to stop people walking through the middle of Anfield
Exactly! Why is it most Liverpool fans can't see this?

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
We should try and play this like we did against City, sitting deep and looking to counter. If we try and go at Chelsea then the likes of Pedro, Hazard and Willian will kill us on the counter.
No chance we will let you play on the counter. We love giving the ball away to the opposition just so that we can counter.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Liverpool have a good first XI and play a high energy game well but some key players look a bit tired and they have hardly any squad depth. No surprise they are starting to struggle

cyberman

That's only because you scored early. Sit back v this Chelsea side and Costa will ruin your centrebacks. They're not as toothless and aimless as City are imo.
Go full out with the crowd behind you, if you sit back at Anfield and still lose then the damage could be done for the season.

Strachans Cigar

Klopp has rested his first XI so wants more Heavy Metal Football for this one. Fully expect Liverpool to fly out of the blocks.

Chelsea will be delighted with just a point here though. Don't need the win as much as the Scousers. They also have a better defence so if they manage to soak up Liverpool's early intense efforts, I could see them easily grinding out a comfortable 0-0 Jose style.

If they are feeling more ambitious they always have a threat on the counter with of course the added incentive of Liverpool's defence being shite.

Don't see many goals in it. Think it will be 0-0 or just a 1-0 either way.

AshfordLad

I do not know English very well but there should be a difference between being in the corner and being on the edge, doesn't it? Klopp is more and more in the corner imho than on the edge, if I know what both phrasal verbs mean.
"On the edge" is used in a different sense. Though some non native speakers might use both phrases in the same sense.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Good timing for the game if they can get something from it. Maybe stop the slide and give a bit of confidence.

Treble_Winning

Liverpool have a strange penchant for beating the big teams but losing to the smaller sides. They failed against Sunderland and Swansea and Wolves and lost to Southampton home and away. but somehow they're leading the league in head to head matches against the top six. Still, in the interests of supporting UTD I shall be hoping for a draw.

SaintMuppet

United are not going to win the title this season. I'll be hoping Chelsea batter them into a stupor they cannot recover from.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
They're not going to lose 4 games in a row at home.

Tactical game with both teams nullifying each other's threats. 1-1 Draw or 1-0 Pool

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I see Liverpool putting in a better performance than last week and may even win.

Needham

Sorry but from a UTD perspective the best possible result is a draw as both teams will drop points. Out of loyalty to UTD, we should be rooting for a draw no matter what our views are regarding the title race.
14 points, forget it. It's gone, poosh! Up in the air like your chances of marrying me. Best result is a comprehensive Chelsea win. We need one or maybe more of the current top five to sink like a stone. Us outside the CL places this year marks a major failure on Mourinho's part, not one I'm willing on him. I think it will be a draw and at the moment I'm not confident of hauling back many places let alone 1st. How many games unbeaten in the PL and we haven't moved up a single place?

Rafateria

Liverpool have a good first XI and play a high energy game well but some key players look a bit tired and they have hardly any squad depth. No surprise they are starting to struggle
And this is the truth no matter how much United fans hope it isn't. Tired because of 9 games in 30 days.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I want the scouse to lose this and beat Spurs.
Why? Liverpool play Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, City and Everton in their next eight league fixtures. They have a good record against the better teams, but you'd expect them to drop points over that run. Spurs are playing far better than them at the moment, and have a better chance of getting top four. Our best bet of finishing in the top four is for City and Liverpool to miss out.

hoping for a draw.
We have no chance of winning the title. Chelsea winning is the only result to hope for here.

Redlyn

Not for me. Liverpool can't win it from here. They are 10 points behind.

Spurs are the biggest "worry" but I don't think they quite have it them to win.

Think Chelsea pretty much have to throw it away from here.
So if they win they are 7 points behind in Jan? They are currently not good enough but points wise with a gentle run in they are well in it. I'm just saying history suggests it's ridiculous to read too much into 7 points at this stage of the season.

AXVnee7

I see the Liverpool excuses are out in full force, tired, lack of depth etc etc

It's Klopps second season, it's his poor judgement and quite frankly arrogance that has cost them. In addition to him being tactically found wanting recently.

Ibra has played most of Utd games, and he's 35 ffs. I think he may have played more or less every premier league game. We're still in both cups (1 final) and unless we get knocked out today it will remain that way. We're also in Europe and have progressed and despite all this we are 4 points off them. The difference.

POF

This is a huge game for Liverpool. On a terrible run and out of both cups, they have a very difficult run of games coming up. They have done very well in the big games this season so this is a perfect opportunity to turn the momentum around. Beating Chelsea would be a huge confidence boost.

But, another few games without a win and they will end up out of the top 4 places. When on a bad run, having large gaps between games isn't always a good thing.

OohAahMartial

Can't see anything other than Chelsea thrashing Liverpool by 3 or 4 goals. Chelsea will look to put the title beyond reach. And Liverpool couldn't be in worse shape. It will be like a wolf feasting on a chick blown from its nest.

Ryan Bobson

0-0 , lots of red cards , touchline bans ,points deductions and niggling injuries for both sides and a very quite atmosphere ....... oh wait on the last one is nailed on

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea

They're so desperate they're willing to risk the health of their best player. :lol:

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool

They're so desperate they're willing to risk the health of their best player. :lol:
Ffs! Whats the point? He isn't the answer to our problems. Our form will not change when Manè returns.