Anfield

Kick-off
Thu, 10 March 2016 @ 8:05pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Really looking forward to the Europa games tomorrow. Before we hopefully beat Liverpool, I'm hoping to see an entertaining game between Spurs and Dortmund

Don't really care. Our team is hopeless, as are our prospects. Better things to do than worry about this non event.

Going to be bad and long night in my opinion. Unless the team comes out and takes on Liverpool by attacking them right from the start and scoring early and taking at least two goals for the home game, we will not get through to the next round.

Had a horrible thought today, we do badly in our next three games and our season is over and our remaining games are all pointless.

Had a horrible thought today, we do badly in our next three games and our season is over and our remaining games are all pointless.
    Not beyond the realms of possibility for the old manager living in the past huh?
    He will call it an improvement on last year.

Anyone else think we'll see the 5-3-2?
    De Gea
    Varela
    Carrick
    Smalling
    Blind
    Rojo
    Schneiderlin
    Fellaini
    Mata
    Martial
    Rashford

Memphis scoring both the goals.

Last season it was Falcao who was going to score 2 or 3 goals every game (he scored none).
    And now Memphis has taken Falcao's place. :wenger:

I remember him in our last LFC game and he was abysmal. I believe he got the lowest rating of any MUFC player that day.
    Out of interest, has Memphis ever scored 2 goals in 1 game for us? He tends to do well against weak opposition (eg. Brugge), but against decent defenders he gets found out.

I'd like see

De Gea
    Darmian...Mensah....Smalling...Rojo
    Herrera......Morgan
    Mata
    Rashford..................................Depay
    Martial

Pereira + Jackson being subbed on.

What were likely to see

De Gea
    Darmian...Smalling....Blind...Rojo
    Weir......Carrick
    Fellaini
    Rothwell.............................Martial
    Rashford​

I'd like see

De Gea
    Darmian...Mensah....Smalling...Rojo
    Herrera......Morgan
    Mata
    Rashford..................................Depay
    Martial

Pereira + Jackson being subbed on.

What were likely to see

De Gea
    Darmian...Smalling....Blind...Rojo
    Weir......Carrick
    Fellaini
    Rothwell.............................Martial
    Rashford​
    Mensah not eligible to play,wasn't registered and not recognised as home grown yet (<3 year ).

You're living in the past, get with the times. We have no expectations, everything we've done since SAF is pointless.

I'm pessimistic about the game but for some inexplicable reason, LVG knows how to beat LFC.
    There is no logical reason as to why this is happening, but it is happening.

Based on the above, I'd say any team can win, but I think it will be a narrow win.
    No team will absolutely dominate.

I think at OT, we may have a good chance to beat them by 2 clear goals.

Tuanzebe is injured. I reckon it will probably be Blind.

Blind was absolutely out on his feet against West Brom and struggled before that against Watford, he needs a couple of games off like Mike had, he looked revitalized on Sunday.

Blind was absolutely out on his feet against West Brom and struggled before that against Watford, he needs a couple of games off like Mike had, he looked revitalized on Sunday.

Totally agree but LVG is our manager, logical things don't really apply in his mind.

Totally agree but LVG is our manager, logical things don't really apply in his mind.

That's true, although he been babbling on about the "red zone" a lot lately so maybe he'll give him a rest, I guess it depends on if he trusts Darmian at LB.

If only that fraudstar Phil fecking Jones is not perpetually in the physio room
    He needs to go this summer,we need players we can rely upon and not that he is great when available anyway.

Don't care how it happens or who scores, just get a good result. This is a match made for LVG's conservatism though so I'm not expecting a gung ho performance. It's probably our only chance to enjoy something this season (not winning the EL, just the tie) so hopefully everyone rises to the task.

The more youngsters the better.

I really hope Varela especially gets to start. I really hope Fellaini isn't recovered, I hope Rojo doesn't play, I hope Fosu-Mensah does, I am glad Rooney isn't there, I hope for once Depay can show some of the glimpses of decent play against shite opposition on a bigger stage, I hope Rashford scores two but can see him fading now - too much expectation, too young (though Van Gaal will be hoping "he" unearthed the new Kluivert), I hope Blind isn't shown up too often for his complete and utter lack of pace.

Well at least on the positive side, that will seal van Gaal's fate for sure. The remaining games won't be pointless cause I would not like to finish the season in 10th, although that would also settle the van Gaal worse than Moyes debate once and for all!

For some reason I just can't work up any enthusiasm for this tie.

Maybe it's because if we beat them it may prolong Van Gaal's tenure but on the other hand I couldn't stomach losing to Liverpool ever. A bit of a lose-lose situation.

Maybe it's because if we beat them it may prolong Van Gaal's tenure but on the other hand I couldn't stomach losing to Liverpool ever. A bit of a lose-lose situation.
    Dear God, support your bloody team.

Dear God, support your bloody team.

Here here. Irrelevant who you support & who the manager is, if you want anything other than an unconditional win for your team, you're a plonker.

LVG's tenure will not be determined by this tie at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 96% of 639 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 473 ratings.

Score Predictions