Liverpool will win the league

IRELANDUNITED

At what point do we start to demand an investigation into the blatant cheating Liverpool have been getting away with. Enough is enough at this stage, something has to be done.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ferguson’s work and legacy was destroyed the moment the Glazers came on board. Liverpool’s title win will simply confirm that.
How on earth does any of this destroy Sir Alex’s legacy? :lol:

JogaBonitoRooney

Attacking players from Bundesliga have failed more than they've succeeded by far in the PL
Haaland, De Bruyne, Son, Aubameyang, Gundogan, Sane, Firmino, Dzeko, Berbatov, Podolski against Kagawa, Werner, Havertz (could change it around), Sancho, Mkhi, Pulisic (many would say he wasn't a flop and had injuries)

Anyway we were talking about Endo. Who is not an attacking player.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Haaland, De Bruyne, Son, Aubameyang, Gundogan, Sane, Firmino, Dzeko, Berbatov, Podolski against Kagawa, Werner, Havertz (could change it around), Sancho, Mkhi, Pulisic (many would say he wasn't a flop and had injuries)

Pulisic was signed from Dortmund's bench, that context shouldn't be forgotten.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

What I meant is that the cliche came mostly from the attacking players and people used it to generalize.

Eddy_JukeZ

How on earth does any of this destroy Sir Alex’s legacy? :lol:
Yeah poor wording from him.

If anything, our 'success' post-SAF has only enhanced his legacy especially considering he was dealing with the Glazers.

I will never buy his 'value in the market' talk as gospel. If we utilized Real's interest in Ronaldo then in our favor, we win another Premier League(or 2) and maybe another CL as well.

They were a giant handicap in that immediate period after Ronaldo was sold.

ShinjiNinja26

Whether they can win it or not remains to be seen. One things for sure though, the officials will do everything in their power to give them the best chance possible.

Mike Smalling

Let's see how they get through a period with Salah away to AFCON. I have a feeling it won't be easy for them, as he is the only reliable G/A output up front for them. They will also have to contend with Thursday night European playoffs.

At the same time, we have KDB coming back for City, and we have seen in previous seasons, how they can go on massive win streaks in the second half of the season. To me it feels like Liverpool and Arsenal have missed an opportunity to open up a real gap to City in their difficult period.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They look very good. Attacking, high tempo, desire, mentality....they have it all and no point denying that. Unlike them towards us, United fans have no problem saying positive things about Pool. Why deny the truth?
But the thing which pisses me off the most is that their fans and Klopp have decency to moan about refs while they are getting decisions in their favour week after week. Not just big decisions. On every bad decision they get 5 in their favour "but but but what about that decision agains Spurs..."

Deluded bunch.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Nah, City got this. Chill united fans, nothing to worry about.

Chicharo

Yes, atm. they do look serious. I'd say it's between them and City, I don't think Arsenal stand any chance.
But the main point is that we are incapable of contending for the title, and there's little indication that we'll be able to do so anytime soon. Whether Liverpool secures their 20th title this season or another is, in this context, irrelevant. They appear poised to clinch it at some point , while we remain seemingly stagnant, merely observing the situation and hoping they will bottle it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
To me it feels like Liverpool and Arsenal have missed an opportunity to open up a real gap to City in their difficult period.
We have, but all the same this was supposed to be a transitional season for us. At the start of the season, I reckoned second place behind a city team running away with it would be a job well done. And that was higher expectations than most neutrals gave us.

We're on course for 85-86 points so far. I think we've done as well as can be expected tbh.
Yet here we are and we'll now be looking to see if we can hit the 90 it will probably take to see off city.

Mike Smalling

We have, but all the same this was supposed to be a transitional season for us. At the start of the season, I reckoned second place behind a city team running away with it would be a job well done. And that was higher expectations than most neutrals gave us.

We're on course for 85-86 points so far. I think we've done as well as can be expected tbh.
Yet here we are and we'll now be looking to see if we can hit the 90 it will probably take to see off city.
No doubt the team has done as well as can be expected. Except of course failing to beat United at Anfield ;)

How do you think the team will manage without Salah? We are now going into a period of City getting their best player back, and Liverpool losing their best player. Surely, it will show in the league standings come mid February. I'd expect Egypt to go far in AFCON.

AndySmith1990

They'll win it or come runners up to City. All depends if City go on their usual invincible second half of the season run

AneRu

I think they will win it because City don't have their usual consistency and to be frank I no longer care if they match or surpass our 20 because we are so far from that table to do anything about it. If anyone wins it at least let it be a club who have gone about it the proper way not cheated their way into the history books.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
No doubt the team has done as well as can be expected. Except of course failing to beat United at Anfield ;)

How do you think the team will manage without Salah? We are now going into a period of City getting their best player back, and Liverpool losing their best player. Surely, it will show in the league standings come mid February. I'd expect Egypt to go far in AFCON.
Bournemouth and Burnley should be easy enough. Chelsea at home is very winnable too.

get nine points from those, basically win the ones we should be winning regardless, and whatever happens away at Arsenal will be OK.

We've been here many times with both Salah and Mane going away (and Keita. lol) and tend to come out somewhat unscathed. And our attacking depth now is actually better than back then.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
1. I don't think Egypt makes the final
2. Liverpool without Salah should be able to handle Burnley Bournemouth and Chelsea
They have as good of a chance as most African teams, and their disciplined style of play always gives them a chance on the field. With an inform Salah...

Mike Smalling

Bournemouth and Burnley should be easy enough. Chelsea at home is very winnable too.

get nine points from those, basically win the ones we should be winning regardless, and whatever happens away at Arsenal will be OK.

We've been here many times with both Salah and Mane going away (and Keita. lol) and tend to come out somewhat unscathed. And our attacking depth now is actually better than back then.
That is actually a forgiving schedule during that period besides Arsenal away, obviously. I'm sure Klopp will remember that next time he whines about the scheduling :angel:

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
They have as good of a chance as most African teams, and their disciplined style of play always gives them a chance on the field. With an inform Salah...
Nah, there are several national teams that are comfortably better than Egypt's.
I reckon Marocco, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana will reach semi final.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Nah, there are several national teams that are comfortably better than Egypt's.
I reckon Marocco, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana will reach semi final.
Rule #1 of AFCON: Egypt are one of the tournament favorites until proven otherwise. They have a consistent record of beating teams with better players than them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Said for awhile they’ll win it. But it doesn’t bother me much. It doesn’t feel like United are in the same universe as these teams anymore

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Rule #1 of AFCON: Egypt are one of the tournament favorites until proven otherwise. They have a consistent record of beating teams with better players than them.
That's what amazes me with Egypt: they are usually crap when playing against teams from out of Africa, but they really Excel playing at the CAN. Even if they don't win, they will make sure their opponents will cry blood tears to defeat them.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Has Endo actually been good for them? Can’t claim to have watched them often (why would I) but I thought he’s been a bit “ok” for them, but with Szoboszlai & co carrying that midfield much more. Guess I’m probably wrong then, going by the consensus in this thread.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Ferguson’s work and legacy was destroyed the moment the Glazers came on board. Liverpool’s title win will simply confirm that.
As much as I hate to say it, us winning the league will probably enhance Ferguson’s legacy if anything.

tomaldinho1

Said for awhile they’ll win it. But it doesn’t bother me much. It doesn’t feel like United are in the same universe as these teams anymore
We have finally become Pool of the 90's

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Apparently it’s been tracked since 2010. 13 seasons is a pretty big sample, no?
Fair enough, I was certain it had been used since much more recently. Indeed a bigger sample size than I had in mind!

Nevertheless still leaves a big chunk of the PL history - more than half of it - out of the equation.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fair enough, I was certain it had been used since much more recently. Indeed a bigger sample size than I had in mind!

Nevertheless still leaves a big chunk of the PL history - more than half of it - out of the equation.
It certainly leaves out almost the whole of the period when Manchester United were last good enough to challenge that record!

Shark

@NotShark
And the bastards usually raised their game rather than a white flag whenever they played us
Yeah, that too. I don't think Liverpool suffered nearly as much as we are now. They've always had top strikers that would carry them even at their worst. Torres and Suarez especially, and they were always relatively competitive in Europe also.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, that too. I don't think Liverpool suffered nearly as much as we are now. They've always had top strikers that would carry them even at their worst. Torres and Suarez especially, and they were always relatively competitive in Europe also.
Not just top strikers. What about Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso?

Even when they were crap Liverpool always tended to have two or three really top class players who could drag them out of mediocrity. Something that has been completely lacking at United for quite a while now.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nah, they won't.

City will win the league. That is - by far, by some distance - the likeliest outcome.

Shark

@NotShark
Not just top strikers. What about Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso?

Even when they were crap Liverpool always tended to have two or three really top class players who could drag them out of mediocrity. Something that has been completely lacking at United for quite a while now.
It's true. Really wish people would stop calling us the Pool of the 90's/early 00's. You and I both would love to be that good right now :lol: