Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
League is done relax. City need to drop points in both games because of goal differential. Today a draw is the same as a loss.

laughtersassassin

If City drop points today I'll actually be devastated.

Shows how shit we are that this is what it comes down to

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So I assume there is going to be mass celebrations today by everyone because City who rule Manchester will also rule the PL. What about united supporters who are not from the UK. or the city. Do you feel the same way? Mass celebrations and all?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So I assume there is going to be mass celebrations today by everyone because City who rule Manchester will also rule the PL. What about united supporters who are not from the UK. or the city. Do you feel the same way? Mass celebrations and all?
You seem to be confused by that. I am not from the UK so I am answering your question but I am sure there’s no explanation needed why United fans want City to win the PL.
But well I am sure when the roles were reversed Liverpool supporters were devastated when Aguero scored that goal and went on the streets to protest against evil Abu Dhabi in support of proper club United.

Corridor of Uncertainty

You're on a rival fan forum, and you're somewhat surprised we're all hoping Liverpool don't win the league? Shock horror. Why don't you go to RAWK?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
You seem to be confused by that. I am not from the UK so I am answering your question but I am sure there’s no explanation needed why United fans want City to win the PL.
But well I am sure when the roles were reversed Liverpool supporters were devastated when Aguero scored that goal and went on the streets to protest against evil Abu Dhabi in support of proper club United.
No I just think that Everton are bigger rivals to Liverpool than City are to united. Perhaps it’s from hating Everton when growing up and not noticing united. I don’t think I could root for Everton if they were winning everything in sight and ruling Liverpool and at the same time keeping united from winning. City can’t be proper rivals to united if the locals are pulling for them.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
No I just think that Everton are bigger rivals to Liverpool than City are to united. Perhaps it’s from hating Everton when growing up and not noticing united. I don’t think I could root for Everton if they were winning everything in sight and ruling Liverpool and at the same time keeping united from winning. City can’t be proper rivals to united if the locals are pulling for them.
The locals (at least the majority) “are pulling for them” because it’s against Liverpool. The same locals weren’t pulling for them when they played Chelsea in last year’s CL final. Huge difference. Perspective.

RonaldoVII

I don't see the relevance? The UK.
Locally to me it would make zero difference if City won everything. You might get the odd City fan here and there but largely nobody cares. Compare that to Liverpool and they are like rats. Neighbours, kids, random people who've never shown any interest in football start chirping up and they are relentless. Then add the fact that any trophy Liverpool win edges them further away from our trophy haul. And they are our biggest rivals. It's not a case of supporting City, it's a case of not supporting Liverpool.

Mercurial

City are gifting it as of right now and denying us 6th vs West Ham, what a day.

Vernon Philander

Locally to me it would make zero difference if City won everything. You might get the odd City fan here and there but largely nobody cares. Compare that to Liverpool and they are like rats. Neighbours, kids, random people who've never shown any interest in football start chirping up and they are relentless. Then add the fact that any trophy Liverpool win edges them further away from our trophy haul. And they are our biggest rivals. It's not a case of supporting City, it's a case of not supporting Liverpool.
I'm in the same situation to you. No city fans in sight.

The second part of what you said, I see from a different perspective. It shows Liverpool have a real history and strong ties going back a few generations, which you see in their fans being around everywhere. They have a superior trophy haul because they earned it over decades across many teams. It seems strange to hate them for it, given, well, we pride ourselves on the same values.

City are aiming to rewrite all of that in a very condensed space of time, with some of the most sophisticated sportwashing you've ever seen. It's unbackable imo.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You're confusing 'lesser of two evils' with die hard support.

RonaldoVII

I'm in the same situation to you. No city fans in sight.

The second part of what you said, I see from a different perspective. It shows Liverpool have a real history and strong ties going back a few generations, which you see in their fans being around everywhere. They have a superior trophy haul because they earned it over decades across many teams. It seems strange to hate them for it, given, well, we pride ourselves on the same values.

City are aiming to rewrite all of that in a very condensed space of time, with some of the most sophisticated sportwashing you've ever seen. It's unbackable imo.
It won't mean anything though. They could win the next 10 titles and 5 CLs and they'd still be smaller than both United and Liverpool. I take no joy from supporting City but for me it's the lesser evil. Wouldn't surprise me if it's just oil clubs competing eventually.

SirAF

Ageist
Yes, of course.

MUFC OK

Not really. City are throwing away the league. They've let Liverpool back in time and time again.
It was always on because city have the ability to bottle it. The fact Liverpool lofted another trophy yesterday only adds to the pressure. Must feel like destiny for their fans right now :(

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
FFS, I had made my peace with the league. Then it draws me back in. :houllier:

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Say what you want about Liverpool, I am certainly no fan either, but no club in world football has their bottle when it counts.

They are gonna win the lot.

always_hoping

The ones that was saying on here especially United fans that quadruple was over are looking a little foolish now.

Ignoring today's banana skin and that City are without three first choice defenders. The injuries was another boost to a lucky manager in Klopp.

Josh 76

Klopp might be kicking himself to play his strongest team yesterday

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Sickening but you have to say, it's an absolutely astonishing achievement! Klopp should retire after this :lol:

MalaysianRed7

I can bet any money on here that City lose to West Ham tomorrow, thus knocking United into the ECL and Liverpool into pole position for the title. They’ll then give Southampton their annual 9-0 thrashing, before Gerrard contributes positively to a Liverpool title challenge for the first time by holding City on the final day, allowing Liverpool to drop points to Wolves and still win the league.
I knew it.

Zen

I'm not sure Hasenhuttl can handle another absolutely thumping.....