Liverpool's inevitable q̶u̶a̶d̶r̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ tr̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ dibble/ The Hala Madrid Thread

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I’ve worked it out like this for how I’ll rate our season:

- Just the Carabao Cup = acceptable season but not good in the context of where we ended up.
- Carabao and FA Cup double = good season.
- Carabao and PL/CL double = great season.
- Carabao, FA Cup & CL or PL treble (or Carabao, PL & CL) = incredible season.
- Quadruple = off the scale.

I’m not convinced City will throw the league away now though so option four probably won’t happen.
Come on. That's not a good season when you have your best squad in 3 decades. And it won't happen either.

Chripper

Without jinxing it, it's Manchester City's title to lose. They won't lose it. Guaranteed.*

Let's face it, a treble without the league is devalued. Relegation is better that a tremble with no league title.**

Saying that, at the moment, Tottenham and West Ham are our rivals.***

*Not really.
**Not really.
***Yes, really

amolbhatia50k

Without jinxing it, it's Manchester City's title to lose. They won't lose it. Guaranteed.*

Let's face it, a treble without the league is devalued. Relegation is better that a tremble with no league title.**

Saying that, at the moment, Tottenham and West Ham are our rivals.***

*Not really.
**Not really.
***Yes, really
That's no treble

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Come on. That's not a good season when you have your best squad in 3 decades. And it won't happen either.
I think winning two trophies has to be considered good regardless of the circumstances surely?

amolbhatia50k

I think winning two trophies has to be considered good regardless of the circumstances surely?
Nobody cares about the Carling / league cup though. It's a token trophy. That and FA cup is better than nothing but like I said by all accounts this is your best squad in 3 decades so the objective will be the big trophies. That should be good by post SAF United not current Liverpool. Besides you'll win at least one of the big two anyway if not both.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nobody cares about the Carling / league cup though. It's a token trophy. That and FA cup is better than nothing but like I said by all accounts this is your best squad in 3 decades so the objective will be the big trophies. That should be good by post SAF United not current Liverpool. Besides you'll win at least one of the big two anyway if not both.
Yeah that’s fair but I’ve not seen Liverpool won a tonne so I’ll take what I can get.

I do think we can get it over the line in Paris. The league is unlikely now imo.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The UK average of people with Asthma is 12%

Liverpool FC have 63% of their squad (22 players) who can legally take drugs (Salbutamol + Albutrol) for Asthma.

These are the same drugs that got Bradley Wiggins Banned for life.

TheLiverBird

Liverpool FC have 63% of their squad (22 players) who can legally take drugs (Salbutamol + Albutrol) for Asthma.

Lay off the crack will ya

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
This probably belongs in the myth thread. The claim was posted on a shit site years ago and grew here over the years. I cant find a good source on this.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
This conspiracy bs needs to stop. Seriously have some source criticism.

slash

...and Bradley Wiggins is a Liverpool supporter. Stinks to high heaven this....

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Liverpool recently had a period of winning just one League Cup and nothing else in 12 years right, so to be a position where they could win so many trophies in season is the ultimate feast after that famine (certainly from the perspective of one of the biggest clubs in the world).

I did think that for it to be a successful season though, they needed to win one of the Premier League or Champions League.

copen1945

I thought it was all but impossible. Their bid for a quadruple looks better with each passing day.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
Depressingly they're so good that I don't watch their games thinking "maybe they'll drop points". I watch their games thinking "maybe they'll make a mistake and the opponent will get a consolation goal so Ederson has a better chance at the golden glove". Even that never seems to happen.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The scousers trying to fool us into believing they're gonna blow it at the last hurdle. I ain't buying in it. The quad is done and dusted bar the shouting and we all know it.

Nice try Jurgen.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s not a terrible result. This is squeaky bum time for both of them. They’ve moved into first.

JustAGuest

How many do we have in our squad?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
You were saying??
From one twit to another twit.
? I’m saying you support Bristol Rovers you twit. Why would you care about Man Utd, or why would you fail to understand why Man Utd fans want Liverpool to lose every game.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I am a United fan for one more game this season, but will be a Chelsea and Real Madrid fan again for one more game this season.

However badly our season has been, a very small silver lining would to see Liverpool go from winning the quadruple to winning the league cup :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I am a United fan for one more game this season, but will be a Chelsea and Real Madrid fan again for one more game this season.

However badly our season has been, a very small silver lining would to see Liverpool go from winning the quadruple to winning the league cup :lol:
Could easily happen. They are some team but the media overhype them. Even the big trophies they have won under Klopp were in separate seasons but the media talk as though they were some glorious double. The defence of their title was also pathetic.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Explains a lot

Sylar

It's still on

Newcastle win tomorrow and all of a sudden Liverpool are top with goal difference

Irwin99

I fancy Chelsea and Madrid to give them very tough games but although I thought Spurs would be where they stumbled I can't see them dropping any more points in their remaining games, sadly. Thankfully it's all in City's own hands now and three wins and a draw will see City through.

Sylar

I fancy Chelsea and Madrid to give them very tough games but although I thought Spurs would be where they stumbled I can't see them dropping any more points in their remaining games, sadly. Thankfully it's all in City's own hands now and three wins and a draw will see City through.
Its weird that Liverpool get an extra days rest before the fa cup final though

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thank you Tottenham. Removing what felt like a relentless battering ram chase.

Essential City get a win of any type over the line tomorrow, as they may well need the ability to fall to a draw in one of the last 3 games.

Trac17

Could easily happen. They are some team but the media overhype them. Even the big trophies they have won under Klopp were in separate seasons but the media talk as though they were some glorious double. The defence of their title was also pathetic.

Oh come on. Cut some slack. Liverpool had so many significant injuries throughout the year and so many players playing out of position. We lost fabinho for some periods, matip, thiago, trent and Henderson. No wonder our difference was pathetic as you say. The fact we finished 3rd only handful of points behind united is something. If our players were fit at the same time, there is no way united would have been second!

We are in 2 finals, won a trophy already. But still gutted we drew today. Strange feeling considering the title was never in our hands anyway

Drizzle

It's not over yet.
Correct. Even if City shake off their midweek trauma and beat Newcastle tomorrow, they then have back to back tough away games in the next week. They're quite possibly dropping some points in all this, they look tired and have some key injuries. They're not as good as they were 2 seasons ago.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Correct. Even if City shake off their midweek trauma and beat Newcastle tomorrow, they then have back to back tough away games in the next week. They're quite possibly dropping some points in all this, they look tired and have some key injuries. They're not as good as they were 2 seasons ago.
Debatable, they finished 18 points behind Liverpool 2 seasons ago

BorisManUtd

They are favourites against Chelsea and Real Madrid and also have moved into first place in the league tonight. Much more to happen in the next 3 weeks.

Zen

In theory, I don't see how it changes anything, except City can afford a draw and then rely on outdoing them for GD.

But I'm sure it'll give a bit of motivation to smash Newcastle, or at least, want to, whether they are physically or mentally up to it, I don't know, but City may been handed that mental boost they sorely needed.

always_hoping

Newcastle are winning how exactly??
By scoring more than City.

Seriously though City have a number of tricky games left. Newcastle in good form should have got at least a draw against Liverpool last week and West ham and Wolves are two real banana skins