London 2012 Olympic Competition

kps88

No one seemed to care. They only showed one replay which wasn't 100% conclusive, but it did look like that to me at least. Don't see how else his ear could have started bleeding. The other guy immediately complained to the ref as well. Wasn't much by way of post match hand shakes either.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Sushil Kumar to face the Japanese in the 66kg final....talented fecker, the Japanese kid.

Varun

Staff
Hoping he didnt bit his ear. would be incredibly stupid. Great match though fighting from 0-3 down.

kps88

Indian media in London saying any protest from the Kazakh had to have happened during the match itself.

kps88

Bugger. That was a bit of an anti climax. The Japanese didn't give him a sniff.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Oh it's nearly over.

I've got boxing and modern pentathlon on separate screens right now, clinging on. :)

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Joshua down 6-5 after a tentative beginning.

Should never have allowed himself to be forced into that corner like that.

eric le roi

I am not sure after watching some reply. He landed 3-4 head shots in one nomination near the end of the round.
I don't know how the count-back works - is it just the judges gut-feeling? Joshua finished stronger, so maybe that swung it. Anyway, he just nearly swore there :lol:

Count Orduck

Its the number of total shots landed, including the body shots.
That's not how they explained it on RTE yesterday - they said that normally when they score boxing they take the three "middle" judges of the five, discarding the two judges with the more outlying scoring, and get the points from that. On countback, they include all the scores from judges that got ignored.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Russia only six golds behind... I suspect that's too much to jump in one day?
When their two wrestles failed to achieve gold earlier today GB were confirmed in 3rd place.

I'm off to the modern pentathlon. It is currently the show-jumping and then the final mixed run/shoot discipline.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The refs are getting too petty, stop calling fouls FFS.

Drifter

American
Italians going to appeal,have to say this boxing competition did seem to favor the home side like it does in all host countries.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Excellent half of basketball, Spain playing very well but I think America can step it up a bit more in the second half.

The foul calls are really ridiculous and I think it'll ruin the second half especially with Gasol 1 foul away from being ejected (why he was on the court to begin with was :houllier:). FIBA refs in general have been retarded the entire tournament.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Handchecking is legal in FIBA yet there have been several calls of it already. I don't understand what the hell they're doing.

mjs020294

Italians appeal fails, and Joshua's Gold is confirmed. Don't really know why they were appealing because Joshua won it by three on count back, which is a big margin.