Loris Karius appreciation thread

Solver

Poor game decided by the worst goalkeeping mistakes you'll ever see, and a really truly worldie of a strike from Bale. Liverpool, for all people were bigging them up, have always not had the best of midfields since Alonso and Mascherano left- this is a team that needs massive surgery. No technique in midfield, a shite defence, can't speak about their keeper lol and upfront, just a one-trick pony of kick-and-run. Shame about salah's injury but for a team contesting a champions league match, that bench of theirs was as pathetic a bench as I have ever seen . No wonder they have losers medals tonight

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I hope that he finds a way to put it behind him.

PvsNP

When was the last time a keeper singlehandedly lost the final for his team due to not only one but TWO mistakes? Yikes.

El Zoido

The third goal was a worse mistake than the first. With the first you could at least sort of understand him missing Benzema coming in to his peripheral vision. Awful mistake of course, but I can see how it could happen. The third though? I reckon I’d have caught it. No goalkeeper at any level should let that in. I don’t even know what he was trying to do.

Distracted Steward

If Karius is in goal next year and we again opt not to attack, I will have a fecking aneurism. We need to feast on what little is left on his soul and watch him weep as he picks the ball out of the back of the net with his feeble hands.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Did a minute long face palm for the first mistake. Literally pissed my pants for the second. A champions league final of all places. Feel bad for him in a way because this will haunt him for years.

For the second goal as well, he seemed to pull out. Not sure if he could have got a hand to it, but he seemed to jump and then pull out.

ZAGREB RED

Did he have a United shirt on under his Liverpool shirt tonight. He deserves some sort of recognition after his Trojan Horse performance. Quite splendid.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
drugs, psychiatry
The thing about it is he is world famous. I could make a mistake in life and no one will care. Everywhere he goes, people will be laughing at him. Not in a bad way, but in a funny kind of way.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Dua Lipa must be happy. Someone with a more embarassing performance than hers.

ZAGREB RED

When was the last time a keeper singlehandedly lost the final for his team due to not only one but TWO mistakes? Yikes.
Jim Leighton had a good go at it in the 1990 FA Cup Final, but thankfully his loss was Sealey's and United's gain in the end.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wow just seen the two goals. Words fail me. Mistakes bad enough in a normal league game but a major cup final is something else.

Even contemplating throwing the ball out towards Benzema was risking it massively.

Neither are good enough although Mingolet probably wouldn't have conceded quite comical goals tonight.

I always remember when he signed Liverpool fans were claiming he was the voted the second best keeper in the Bundesliga after Neuer. Always baffled me considering how many german keepers there are in Bundesliga and his lack of call ups to national team.

RuudRuud

Supports
Ajax
If Karius is in goal next year and we again opt not to attack, I will have a fecking aneurism. We need to feast on what little is left on his soul and watch him weep as he picks the ball out of the back of the net with his feeble hands.
I'm sure this was his last match for Liverpool.

Poor guy should be on suicide watch for the coming week.

Hughie77

Goal keeper errors. And big ones ..he will be remembered just for this game ..Mingolot must be happy..what a Goal from bale though....I had 3.-1 on bet so cheers..