Loris Karius appreciation thread

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
FFS now Liverpool will buy a competent GK.
100 mil for alisson/donnarumma/oblak seems cheap now.

It's the mind job those freak mistakes did on the current squad and prospective signings that is very serious. Current guys think that we have play with this guy next season and maybe I could do better elsewhere hmm...

The same goes for summer targets like Fekir already "need to think a bit more"...

Footballers superstitious lot after all.

Pool can't afford to start with Karius next season. Simply not possible. Even one season going De Gea will not erase the doubt from anyone's mind. Least of Karius himself. Sad to see young man's career practically destroyed last night.

Sigma

The man has been sent death threats by his own LFC fans!

Sums up what a bunch of classless, embarrassing pieces of shit they really are.
It's embarrassing for you that you seem to think only Liverpool fans are capable of this behaviour.

Skills

Snitch
It's embarrassing for you that you seem to think only Liverpool fans are capable of this behaviour.
Pretty sure our lot drove Gibson off Twitter within a few hours of him making an account.

sugar_kane

Having rewatched all three goals I'd be astonished if it came out that he hadn't taken a bribe

Eila

Shocker, needs to go but he could still find a team in Germany or even the PL wouldn't he.

Kostov

Our own Bailly commented on his Instagram post, offering support. Class act our lad, feel sorry about Karius at this point.

James Peril

Our own Bailly commented on his Instagram post, offering support. Class act our lad, feel sorry about Karius at this point.
The actual comment looks like it was written with an alcohol level of at least 2

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Shocker, needs to go but he could still find a team in Germany or even the PL wouldn't he.
He's 24. Still a baby for a keeper. Plenty of time for him to bounce back.

This will always follow him but should still have a career at a decent level.

Did Rodgers or Klopp buy him for Liverpool? Celtic might be a good spot for him. Craig Gordon is getting on now.

FireBlade

He will be mentally broken after that its not like they were forced errors.. When i played keeper in school we was told if we couldn't just catch it and there is no one to close you palm it down into the ground to kill the pace, No idea what he was doing as he was under no pressure hell our afro man could have brought that down with his chest!

i think we should buy him as 3rd choice he could delight our dressing room with his legendary performance for Madrid/United.

Jonno

So apparently "You'll never walk alone"

Until you play terribly and your entire team leave you in a heap on the floor and your fans send you death threats and abuse on social media.

automaticflare

Looks like people went up to him but probably quite a while after.
In fairness if he was my team mate I would be initially fuming I wouldn’t know what to say to him in initial after math. After a couple of vodkas to take the edge off I would be right I’m ripping the piss out of him. Laughter is the best form of medicine.

RedCurry

In fairness if he was my team mate I would be initially fuming I wouldn’t know what to say to him in initial after math. After a couple of vodkas to take the edge off I would be right I’m ripping the piss out of him. Laughter is the best form of medicine.
How about, some of these so-called teammates go up to him and remind him that maybe he fecked up but it’s not like anyone in the Liverpool team could claim that they played well. They were all shite as a team but none of those players would own up to it.

Madrid was always going to win this game, especially once Salah got injured. They found an easy way out because goalkeeping mistakes are most visible and no one is blaming the likes of Henderson, Milner etc. for being completely invisible.

Z1L3

Supports
Partizan Belgrade
How about, some of these so-called teammates go up to him and remind him that maybe he fecked up but it’s not like anyone in the Liverpool team could claim that they played well. They were all shite as a team but none of those players would own up to it.

Madrid was always going to win this game, especially once Salah got injured. They found an easy way out because goalkeeping mistakes are most visible and no one is blaming the likes of Henderson, Milner etc. for being completely invisible.
An excellent point. They scored a goal from a corner, hit the post, and Navas had one important save in the first half; that was all they did for 90 minutes. Madrid created many more chances and was the better team. Truth be told, they were lucky to advance against Roma.

Reddy Rederson

And yet another footballer get death threats from muppets with social media accounts. Its a game ffs. never walk alone, always sound advice when in liverpool.

Tony247

Did a minute long face palm for the first mistake. Literally pissed my pants for the second. A champions league final of all places. Feel bad for him in a way because this will haunt him for years.

For the second goal as well, he seemed to pull out. Not sure if he could have got a hand to it, but he seemed to jump and then pull out.
I thought that too. Why did he not stretch his arm out?! Strange. Bale kick was excellent but the ball was not unstoppable.

Looked like Karius jumped just to take a closer look at the ball.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't really feel bad for the howlers he let in but it must be very shit how none of his teammates were there at the end and even had to apologize to fans only to receive death threats.

AngliaRed

I not that naive mate, but I commenting on the here and now! The team and manager have also abandoned him! Yes he was wank and ultimately cost them the title but the blame falls on the manager for keeping him and using him all season and not using Januarys window to bring in a new keeper! As for the death threats, any fans ours or there’s would be equally condemned! It’s embarrassing!

Sigma

I not that naive mate, but I commenting on the here and now! The team and manager have also abandoned him! Yes he was wank and ultimately cost them the title but the blame falls on the manager for keeping him and using him all season and not using Januarys window to bring in a new keeper! As for the death threats, any fans ours or there’s would be equally condemned! It’s embarrassing!
Fair enough, my apologies for the confusion.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I thought that too. Why did he not stretch his arm out?! Strange. Bale kick was excellent but the ball was not unstoppable.

Looked like Karius jumped just to take a closer look at the ball.
Yea, looked strange alright.

Kantelele

Supports
Chelsea
1981: 1. Prince from England married 2. Liverpool wins the Champions League 3. The pope dies
2005: 1. Prince from England married 2. Liverpool wins the Champions League 3. The pope dies
2018: 1. Prince from England gets married 2. Karius saves the Pope
:lol::lol::lol:

Kapardin

It is easy to say nobody went to him. But can't they be exonerated in the circumstances? Imagine a season's hard work of making it to CL spots in the league and then qualifying all the way to the final, only to lose the game by your GK who makes two school-boy errors and undoes the otherwise fine work by the backline. It is human nature to be pissed off.

A real-life example would be if you do your homework only to find out the cat ripped it to shreds (happened to me in school). You know the cat didn't mean it, but you can't bring yourself to pet it like you usually do for awhile.

jem

Did a minute long face palm for the first mistake. Literally pissed my pants for the second. A champions league final of all places. Feel bad for him in a way because this will haunt him for years.

For the second goal as well, he seemed to pull out. Not sure if he could have got a hand to it, but he seemed to jump and then pull out.
It's funny, my Liverpool supporting brother (who is currently full of self-loathing:lol:) mentioned a few weeks back that Karius has this habit of pulling his arms in and not fully extending the way De Gea does. He certainly seemed to do it on Bale's first (not that there was much chance of saving it.) For the LFC fans here, is this actually a thing with him?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It is easy to say nobody went to him. But can't they be exonerated in the circumstances? Imagine a season's hard work of making it to CL spots in the league and then qualifying all the way to the final, only to lose the game by your GK who makes two school-boy errors and undoes the otherwise fine work by the backline. It is human nature to be pissed off.

A real-life example would be if you do your homework only to find out the cat ripped it to shreds (happened to me in school). You know the cat didn't mean it, but you can't bring yourself to pet it like you usually do for awhile.
Wasn’t the cat’s fault, it was yours

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's funny, my Liverpool supporting brother (who is currently full of self-loathing:lol:) mentioned a few weeks back that Karius has this habit of pulling his arms in and not fully extending the way De Gea does. He certainly seemed to do it on Bale's first (not that there was much chance of saving it.) For the LFC fans here, is this actually a thing with him?
I haven’t noticed, but what you say reminds me of a piece Neville did on MNF a few years ago.

I don’t know if you remember Jagielka smashing one in at the end of a Merseyside derby, but Neville was saying that Mignolet could’ve saved it if his starting position was better. He then went on to compare Mignolet’s starting position with De Gea’s and there was a noticable difference.

Karius might not have been taught what the proper starting position is for a keeper or its importance.

This is probably a stupid question lol but is it too late for him to change to an outfield position?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I haven’t noticed, but what you say reminds me of a piece Neville did on MNF a few years ago.

I don’t know if you remember Jagielka smashing one in at the end of a Merseyside derby, but Neville was saying that Mignolet could’ve saved it if his starting position was better. He then went on to compare Mignolet’s starting position with De Gea’s and there was a noticable difference.

Karius might not have been taught what the proper starting position is for a keeper or its importance.
There was one of your fans on Talksport earlier ripping into your goalkeeping coach, saying his job is develop goalkeepers and he isn't doing it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't really feel bad for the howlers he let in but it must be very shit how none of his teammates were there at the end and even had to apologize to fans only to receive death threats.
By all accounts the travelling fans were fine with him. It's just the idiots on twitter or wherever talking nonsense with all these death threats. Unfortunately, you get people like this everywhere.

FujiVice

There was one of your fans on Talksport earlier ripping into your goalkeeping coach, saying his job is develop goalkeepers and he isn't doing it.
That's a fair point. Even Edwin Van Der Sar needed to be told when he first came here that sailing through like he did at Fulham wouldnt be accepted. I was listening to Tony Coton during his press for his book, and he said Fergie told him that Van Der Sar was basically coasting through and not getting to saves he should have been when he was at Fulham. Because "it's only Fulham." And if you'd notice, the Van Der Sar from 99-2005 wasnt the same Van Der Sar we got. He was incredible for us. As much as Karius is to blame for the feck ups, his coach should be battering him daily. Concentration is vital, and to not know who is around you in your own area is a major lapse.