Lucas da Silva | Signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
It took us weeks of discussion and it took PSG 2 mins to have it signed sealed and delivered.
Paid off for their presidnt to turn down our bids and hold out for more cash.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
This guy is a year younger than me but already richer than I'll be aged 40

#2012football

It seemed strange that we were in for him
He just seems a fairly similar player to Valencia, in the sense that he is unbelievably quick and is very direct. Puzzled me that we were in for a player for a position we didn't really need to strengthen

Devilton

We may have dodged a bullet...lots of potential no doubt, but at the price he's gone for people would expect instant results and he's nowhere near the finished article. I give it a few years till he's a threat to the likes of Neymer who does look like the real thing.

Ringo 07

It seemed strange that we were in for him
He just seems a fairly similar player to Valencia, in the sense that he is unbelievably quick and is very direct. Puzzled me that we were in for a player for a position we didn't really need to strengthen
Fans talking out of their arse as usual. Just cause you read in The mirror of the The Sun that he is a right winger then you believe it all as fact. Lucas often plays on the right but it is well known that he is a monster through the middle and can play anywhere in midfield or further forward. Im not pissed off as I knew he was never coming here and I obvioulsy European born players tend to settle better in Manchester so if we got a Martinez or a Witsel instead then that would be even better. I reckon Lucas will among the top few players in Europe in a couple of seasons though. Tom Cleverley and not a new signing is going to be the player Fergie puts his faith in this season though.

Fans talking out of their arse as usual. Just cause you read in The mirror of the The Sun that he is a right winger then you believe it all as fact. Lucas often plays on the right but it is well known that he is a monster through the middle and can play anywhere in midfield or further forward. Im not pissed off as I knew he was never coming here and I obvioulsy European born players tend to settle better in Manchester so if we got a Martinez or a Witsel instead then that would be even better. I reckon Lucas will among the top few players in Europe in a couple of seasons though. Tom Cleverley and not a new signing is going to be the player Fergie puts his faith in this season though.
So, there's no comparison to Valencia at all then. My mistake
And really? We were going to play him in CM, or in the position we've just bought Kagawa for? My bad

Chabon

So, is this classic moneybags stuff, we wanted to sign a player so they gazumped us as a statement, right? I mean, were PSG even in for him a week ago?

Jaz

After Youngs recent performances maybe it would have been a good idea.

Oh well. He's too expensive.

Gambit

So, is this classic moneybags stuff, we wanted to sign a player so they gazumped us as a statement, right? I mean, were PSG even in for him a week ago?
Yes and no, They weren't in for him a week ago. They gazumped us not for the hell of it but to get a potentially great player.

I'm not even that disappointed any more. This saga was dragging on to a slow death. We did well to avoid this ridiculous bidding war that they were desperate for us to participate in. Lucas is a great talent but there are other options out there.

I hope we can get them cheaper and better for us in the long run.

Sw33t

I read something earlier, can't remember where, that said Lucas to PSG with a fee €43million and €250k pw on a 4-year deal then with like 9 million agent fee on top, total cost over the 4 years, 100million.

Worth it? Really?

Not that kinda money.

Heffo

Have really liked Moura since the last SAM u20 championhips and was therefore very excited when it turned out we had concrete interest in him. But if the €250k p/week, €45 million fee and €9million in agent fees are even close to true then it's not even close to worth it. Would of been interesting to see what he would've made at United, if the 30k p/week reported a few weeks ago in Brazil was even close to being correct than it seems he really had to be convinced to join PSG.

On a separate note, I've seen people on here talking about whether FFP will do anything about Chelsea's spending. From what I can find they've spent roughly €100 million so far this summer on Silva, Ibrahimovic, Verattie and Lavezzi. Then you add €45 million to that next January and the astronomical wages and agent fees involved in these deals. Surely PSGs revenue will fall miles short of these figures?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I read something earlier, can't remember where, that said Lucas to PSG with a fee €43million and €250k pw on a 4-year deal then with like 9 million agent fee on top, total cost over the 4 years, 100million.

Worth it? Really?

Not that kinda money.
Pretty sure it's 250k a month, not week. Still ridiculous for a 19 year old who is as raw as he is.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If the figures are true PSG will pay 19 million quid more than our bid (including the agents fees) and a shed loads more than we would be willing to pay on wages. Sounds like a nice player but we would be mad to spend that much on one unproven youngster.

VoetbalWizard

oscar = 25 million quid
hazard = 32 million quid
lucas moura = 35 million quid

This seems like the cost of buying grade-a young potential these days who are attacking talents.

If gotze comes on the market next summer or the sumemr after, he'll be going for this much as well (if he wants to leave germany).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
62k per week? Nah, no way.

Definitely more than that.
I'm pretty sure he's on very little currently with sao Paulo (don't remember how much) but when we were close to getting him I'm pretty sure he was going to get like 200k a month with us. Wouldn't surprise me at all, because I doubt anybody would be that stupid to give a 19 year old £250k a week. Not even psg. The thing I think SAF didn't want to offer was the 9m to the agent and the extra few million to actually sign him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
£40m's an absurd amount of money to spend on Lucas really. If they're going to sell him on to Madrid or someone he's going to have to prove he's worth £60m or so...I think that's a big ask. I'm not even sure he's going to start for them with Menez and Nene there competing for the same position.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Its happened every summer, we get linked to an exciting young player who we discuss ad nauseum, and then don't sign him. Ribery, Ozil, Benzema, Alexis Sanchez and now Lucas Moura. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few of the recent ones as well.

The summer of Lucas.

Sw33t

If the figures are true PSG will pay 19 million quid more than our bid (including the agents fees) and a shed loads more than we would be willing to pay on wages. Sounds like a nice player but we would be mad to spend that much on one unproven youngster.
I think PSG are fecking barmy for spending that much on a 19 year old, who hasn't proven anything in all honestly.

He should be going for same price as Oscar (who seems to be level with him on skill and talent, of there abouts) at maximum. £25mill would seem /about/ right in this day and age. Still a shit load more than you'd expect, mind.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
This has potential to be one of the dumbest moves of all time. They paid an outrageous sum for a player and don't have much history of bringing through players over the last several years.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I'm pretty sure he's on very little currently with sao Paulo (don't remember how much) but when we were close to getting him I'm pretty sure he was going to get like 200k a month with us. Wouldn't surprise me at all, because I doubt anybody would be that stupid to give a 19 year old £250k a week. Not even psg. The thing I think SAF didn't want to offer was the 9m to the agent and the extra few million to actually sign him.
Fergie? Glazzers more like.

Still if you add up all that 25+9+5?? that is a whole lot of money for an unproven kid.

btw I doubt his wages would have been frozen for the 5 years. I think it may have been performance based or summat...so it would have been sliding up.

Gambit

Its happened every summer, we get linked to an exciting young player who we discuss ad nauseum, and then don't sign him. Ribery, Ozil, Benzema, Alexis Sanchez and now Lucas Moura. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few of the recent ones as well.

The summer of Lucas.
Hazard too.

Sam

If those figures are true, I'm very very happy we didnt sign the lad.

Insane amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.