Lucas da Silva | Signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallucinogen

Neymar's price might be even lowered if he doesn't do that well at the World Cup.

I mean he would be reaching his peak then and that competition would be his first major one against highly motivated world class players.

Or of course he would leave for free which would be crazier whichever way I look at it, no matter how much money he generates for Santos.

Lucas has just gone for an insane price, its a great relief we got Oscar nice and early for 25 million euros which though is not cheap but in hindsight after the tournament he's having looks to be a good deal.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Not as far as I'm concerned. Many on here write off the Brazilian league to easily.
That's what I was thinking, the Brazilian league has improved over the past few years, a Mickey Mouse club won the French league last season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Lou has placed doubts on whether we were truly interested for him.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Give him a couple of years and he'll be dreaming of playing for Madrid. At least we've been spared all that crap.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Give him a couple of years and he'll be dreaming of playing for Madrid. At least we've been spared all that crap.
Good luck to him with that. PSG will be reluctant to sell him.

Lucas may now find himself stuck in a poor French league for a very very long time.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Well my hundred percent record continues... Actually thought I'd break it with this one.

Garethw

Time for the lock.
feck that. Somebody just delete this bastard thread.

After Sneijder gate last summer i didn't think it was possible for us all to get so sucked in by the hype and then end up ultimately disappointed yet again.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
feck that. Somebody just delete this bastard thread.

After Sneijder gate last summer i didn't think it was possible for us all to get so sucked in by the hype and then end up ultimately disappointed yet again.
We wern't sucked in by hype though, this was going to happen until we got gazumped. Sneijder was denied from all quarters but the press and United fans early on and we only had ourselves to blame. This and the Hazard deals are ones that we were actally involved in and for some bizarre reason (cash) players would rather go elsewhere.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
That's a stupid sum of money for someone who has done very little and with a lot of holes in their game. I am NOT just changing my tune now, BTW. He's talented but nowhere near what has been made out, and that fee is just crazy. I would have taken him for 20 million, but even that is steep for him IMO.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Have a sneaky feeling we've dodged a bullet there.

Feel free to bump and quote when he wins the ballon dor in a few years.
To be honest I'm agreeing with you here. I trust Fergie's judgement and would've taken him, but I couldn't really feel any disappointment when I saw he was going to PSG. It was borderline relief if anything.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That's a stupid sum of money for someone who has done very little and with a lot of holes in their game. I am NOT just changing my tune now, BTW. He's talented but nowhere near what has been made out, and that fee is just crazy. I would have taken him for 20 million, but even that is steep for him IMO.
Amazing money for someone who gets a few minutes a game for Brazilian Olympics team. PSG have just done this to flex their muscles. They didn't need him and it could be a massive mistake for the kid. He will be typical of a lot of Brazilian players in europe that get shunted round from club to club by greedy agents.

Garethw

We wern't sucked in by hype though, this was going to happen until we got gazumped. Sneijder was denied from all quarters but the press and United fans early on and we only had ourselves to blame. This and the Hazard deals are ones that we were actally involved in and for some bizarre reason (cash) players would rather go elsewhere.
Very true.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
€43M

Looking forward to people blaming the club for not pursuing him further. Ridiculous money.
I did not have much interest in this transfer as can be proven by my lack of posts in this thread. But I don't think that is ridiculous money for a rated youngster in current market. 30m for Rooney when we got him was called crazy by many United supporters on here as well. Looks like a bargain now. If Lucas does turn out to be as good as his potential suggests, no one will remember the money involved. People expecting us t sign another Ronaldo for 12m can forget about it IMO. We will need to scoff a similar amount for such talent from now on IMO

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Crazy money but think off it like this...

Andy Carroll was more expensive!
I just think that all the threads about players we wanted to sign and most of them we actually had a lucky escape. The big majority have not been as good as we thought. We have all these hopes of big signing every season. Schneider was rubbish last season and what about Joe Cole, he was terrible.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
It took us weeks of discussion and it took PSG 2 mins to have it signed sealed and delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.