Luis Diaz

Oranges038

Where does this guy rank in the world right now? Every time I watch Liverpool he is involved in nearly everything. Best player on arguably the best side in the world. We saw what happened to Liverpool last year when he was out for so long, and then what happened to them when he came back. Coincidence? As a Colombian I'm obviously biased, but is there a better player in the world right now besides Mbappé and Halland??
Even his family find that suggestion funny.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
he's our fourth best forward. I think he's good for that role, but needs to show more to justify a starting position.

Ole'sgunnarwin

he's our fourth best forward. I think he's good for that role, but needs to show more to justify a starting position.
Fourth best forward? He's miles better than all the other options apart from Salah. He's been brilliant this season.

Don't understand how anyone could think the likes of Gakpo or Nunez are better.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Fourth best forward? He's miles better than all the other options apart from Salah. He's been brilliant this season.

Don't understand how anyone could think the likes of Gakpo or Nunez are better.
He's really not been brilliant this season. been a bit of a one trick pony cutting inside and then not even having much pace to do much with it.

At times he's basically just been what Albert Riera was for us - keeping the team shape well and not messing up, but not providing much penetration either. He's picked up a bit of form recently which is nice, but still not enough to change his position as fourth best.

He's better than Gakpo. Jota and Nunez have clearly been better for us. Jota has genuinely been brilliant this season.

He's a good player. Just not more than that as things stand and have stood ever since this injury.

Remember the geese

Was getting a lot of praise and hype following his signing and early performances. He's been piss poor since returning fron his lay off. Perhaps he will return to a better level next season.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
was pretty awful
His final touch was terrible but his running with and without the ball was a huge part of the reason Liverpool took control of the 2nd half. Think it's harsh to say he was awful because of that, City were terrified every time he got the ball.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
His final touch was terrible but his running with and without the ball was a huge part of the reason Liverpool took control of the 2nd half. Think it's harsh to say he was awful because of that, City were terrified every time he got the ball.
Yep. His finishing let him down tonight, missed many good chances, but he was one of the main reasons Liverpool was getting those chances in the first place.

FrantikChicken

Was getting a lot of praise and hype following his signing and early performances. He's been piss poor since returning fron his lay off. Perhaps he will return to a better level next season.
well, his parents were abducted and their lives were in danger. I don’t know about you but that would rattle me pretty hard.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Aye, missed some good chances, but his dribbling was superb, Suarez-esque.

cpresc

I don't really watch many Liverpool games but I thought he looked absolutely fantastic today - not perhaps world class, but his combination of workrate and unpredictability I thought was just so entertaining

Oranges038

Good player no doubt, just can't get over his gremlin appearance, don't let it near water or feed it after midnight.

dan1509

What are even these comments?

He was brilliant today, caused constant danger on the wing against the leagues best right back. Would be United's best winger by far.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Excellent everywhere apart from in front of goal, where he let himself down.

buckooo1978

Very good player and the way he ran at Walker should have happened last week with Rashford. Fearless

like yesterday his finishing isn't top tier though

Andersonson

Reminds me of Suarez in some aspects. Terrorizing the defence with his pressing. He is a very good player

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Difficult to assess his performance. He was one of the biggest reasons that Liverpool drove forward. His speed, tenacity, desire were all top notch. But his atrocious finishing was also the reason Liverpool didn't win the game.

Rossa

Very good player and the way he ran at Walker should have happened last week with Rashford. Fearless

like yesterday his finishing isn't top tier though
He managed to get one cross in where he accelerated past Walker. Then Walker turned it on, and Diaz struggled in every physical confrontation afterwards, be it for pace or strength, as one would expect. Walker also distracted him just enough for the lob that went wide, and somehow he got back into it and managed to just chip the ball away from Diaz on what looked like a certain goal. Not sure he really got the best of Walker apart from that one cross...

Busy player, quick off the mark, knows how to dribble and has that nasty streak in him that most Liverpool wingers have - Mané for instance. How anyone can label him world class when he lacks end product is beyond me.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Don't think anyone is calling him world class...

It's nice to see that he's upped his game lately, really stepped up to the plate during our injuries, even if his end product is worse than ever.

If he gets that back on top of his recent performances, he's some player though.

Right now, he's just good and our fourth best forward when everyone is fit.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Saw someone post on Twitter that he's basically Mane without the finishing and I think that's pretty accurate. I like him but he's frustrating once he's in or around the penalty area, both in finishing and decision making. He could be a 20 goals, 10 assists forward for us if he improves in those categories but given his age, if it's not there right now I doubt it will ever come. Which is why I prefer Jota starting, always has a goal in him, even if it comes out of nowhere.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His finishing was poor, but he was the best player on the pitch in that second half. The amount of chances he created just through his positive dribbling and aggressive pressing was crazy. End product is the final hurdle for him becoming a top top player, but even then that performance was as good as I’ve seen agaisnt City. I think he reminded me abit of Garnacho who should use a player like this as an example (but aim for better finishing!). Relentless performance.